Barking Dogs

The Skipper

As the saying goes, If you can't beat em, join em.

Dogs are pack animals, as we know related to wolves, therefore they respect whoever is at the top of the pile.

If there was nothing left try, I would have tried getting them on my side first.

redrus

some are meant to suffer

others not

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can start them on an Alum Diet (pucker) or a water pistol loaded with turpentine which can be fired at the butts of the barking hounds. :D No more dog probs. :D

Citronella works well too.

A friend of mine who breeds dogs has one of the high pitch devices. She yells waits 10 seconds then turns it on for a while. The dogs (and cats) don't like it. They also learned the "Shut up" means a blast of the ultrasonic was coming if they kept making noise. Doesn't need to use it much now, they stop when she yells.

I bet the neigbours will think you are a magician if your yelling stops the dogs. :o

dogs...what dogs? Where I live there is a pig abbatoir close by and the sounds of slaughter begin early in the night and continue until about 2-3 am. You can see the freshly slaughtered meat being carried into the local market starting around 4-5 am.

When at home I don't work and heavily imbibe the Sang Som so that my sleep is not affected. The squealing of freshly stuck pigs when I am awake at 2 am and on the web reminds me of what I'm gonna do to enemies both ancient and recent...

(what was the line from 'Deliverance?')

dogs...what dogs? Where I live there is a pig abbatoir close by and the sounds of slaughter begin early in the night and continue until about 2-3 am. You can see the freshly slaughtered meat being carried into the local market starting around 4-5 am.

When at home I don't work and heavily imbibe the Sang Som so that my sleep is not affected. The squealing of freshly stuck pigs when I am awake at 2 am and on the web reminds me of what I'm gonna do to enemies both ancient and recent...

mmm

i would definitely moooove

Oh, tutsi, you have my greatest sympathies. There is nothing more horrible then the sounds of pigs being slaughtered. The screaming and squealing is just nerve wrackingly horrible.

As for blackjack, I wasn't suggesting your basic "do gooders" feeding dogs that aren't their own but a more permanent solution to a problem that just shooting at dogs will not solve. Sterilization will solve alot of the fighting and barking problems. I know Phuket, Samui and Hua Hin all have dog rescue centers, some of which will actually come and remove and house stray dogs.

Oh, tutsi, you have my greatest sympathies. There is nothing more horrible then the sounds of pigs being slaughtered. The screaming and squealing is just nerve wrackingly horrible.

As for blackjack, I wasn't suggesting your basic "do gooders" feeding dogs that aren't their own but a more permanent solution to a problem that just shooting at dogs will not solve. Sterilization will solve alot of the fighting and barking problems. I know Phuket, Samui and Hua Hin all have dog rescue centers, some of which will actually come and remove and house stray dogs.

I cant believe that the thai's have this kind of long term responsibility and vison - its not in their nature

and who pays and the old mentality of whats in it for me comes around

If there was a 200 baht bounty on them I am sure they would be dead real quick and there would be a queue at my door for the rewards

Why don't you google it instead of question it? There is a big dog shelter in Bangkok (sponsored by the Bangkok govt) , as well as Soi Dog rescue (sponsored by private donations, I believe) and the Hua Hin rescue which is sponsored by the King.

May I suggest you check before posting next time? :o

• 2 weeks later...

Three soi dogs no one owns rule on our street . So far, they've killed, 1 prized rooster, about 4 of the neighbour's cats, gutted one expensive dog and broke it's back and left him there squirming and howling. Many more small dogs have also been killed. One motorcycle has flipped in front of our house one evening and the injured driver seemed to think they were ours. ANother person has come brandishing a bamboo spike in front of our house because one bit him. They run after cars and motorcycles constantly.There's a kids park in front of our street, mauling waiting to happen. They steal and chew everyone's shoes and doormats. They come to sleep in our carpark and infest our dog (always tied up and clean) and our place with hundreds of ticks. Another neighbour came over tonight, angry that his daughter's new cat has been killed, again. For months, the village office has been told about this, nothing done. Police has been called nothing done. The temples already have more than their share of dogs stupid owners were too irresponsible to have spayed/neutered or take care of, an endless cycle.

I've been up all night cooking prime meat and greasy fried eggs for them, sprinkling and mixing rat poison on their last meal. I'lll remove the bowls from the park at dawn, once they're done eating so that no kids or other dogs get poisoned.

Three soi dogs no one owns rule on our street . So far, they've killed, 1 prized rooster, about 4 of the neighbour's cats, gutted one expensive dog and broke it's back and left him there squirming and howling. Many more small dogs have also been killed. One motorcycle has flipped in front of our house one evening and the injured driver seemed to think they were ours. ANother person has come brandishing a bamboo spike in front of our house because one bit him. They run after cars and motorcycles constantly.There's a kids park in front of our street, mauling waiting to happen. They steal and chew everyone's shoes and doormats. They come to sleep in our carpark and infest our dog (always tied up and clean) and our place with hundreds of ticks. Another neighbour came over tonight, angry that his daughter's new cat has been killed, again. For months, the village office has been told about this, nothing done. Police has been called nothing done. The temples already have more than their share of dogs stupid owners were too irresponsible to have spayed/neutered or take care of, an endless cycle.

I've been up all night cooking prime meat and greasy fried eggs for them, sprinkling and mixing rat poison on their last meal. I'lll remove the bowls from the park at dawn, once they're done eating so that no kids or other dogs get poisoned.

Its a hit! :o

Its a hit! :o

no were getting somewhere

thanks

Why don't you google it instead of question it? There is a big dog shelter in Bangkok (sponsored by the Bangkok govt) , as well as Soi Dog rescue (sponsored by private donations, I believe) and the Hua Hin rescue which is sponsored by the King.

May I suggest you check before posting next time? :D

i think you better check my posting before posting next time

i live on the beach

"at night they make a hel_l of a racket on the beach and bark to stop people exercising around the beach areas".

the last supper sounds like a good idea :o

Phuket has a dog rescue as does Samui. Hua Hin, last I looked was on the beach. And I wasn't referring only to your post but also to the OP, who mentioned he lived in an aparment.

I live in a Middle-class Moo Ban on the Eastern outskirts of Bangkok, and we do have problems with stray dogs - and cats - from time to time.

It’s a fairly active Village however – in that someone is always repairing or rebuilding their house. This entails hiring a gang of Burmese / Khmer labourers - who erect their huts on any available piece of land nearby.

Shortly afterwards the stray dogs and cats all disappear.

:o

Patrick

I once worked at a private school that served some of the worst food I've ever eaten in this country...I swear it was BBQ'd soi dog and some sort of vegetables pulled out of Klong Saen Saep! What was interesting is that there were virtually no soi dogs around the school. I guess the kitchen staff must have gotten hold of them. Some street vendors here in BKK were busted a few years ago for using soi dog meat in their dishes :o

There are some ongoing campaigns to spay/neuter these dogs but these programs are only marginally effective. What happens is that folks who can afford it get these expensive pure breds then toss them onto the streets once the novelty of having an exotic puppy wears off. For every soi dog that gets sterilized, killed or adopted there must be another 20 being put on the streets. Most people would be VERY much against killing them as a solution (which seems to be one of the only things we can do now). Perhaps a gang of farangs would do the trick!

I once worked at a private school that served some of the worst food I've ever eaten in this country...I swear it was BBQ'd soi dog and some sort of vegetables pulled out of Klong Saen Saep! What was interesting is that there were virtually no soi dogs around the school. I guess the kitchen staff must have gotten hold of them. Some street vendors here in BKK were busted a few years ago for using soi dog meat in their dishes :o

There are some ongoing campaigns to spay/neuter these dogs but these programs are only marginally effective. What happens is that folks who can afford it get these expensive pure breds then toss them onto the streets once the novelty of having an exotic puppy wears off. For every soi dog that gets sterilized, killed or adopted there must be another 20 being put on the streets. Most people would be VERY much against killing them as a solution (which seems to be one of the only things we can do now). Perhaps a gang of farangs would do the trick!

I find this to be true around here, purebred dogs, uncared for, mostly rodent-like little barking machines that will get scared of the slightest breeze without anyone apparently hearing the annoying 24 hour a day disturbance. Dirty, flea and tick ridden, tangled hair. I've never ever seen a neighbour shampooing their dogs. Mine gets 3 washes a week.

i would like some constructive advice on how to get rid of the dogs - the thais wont do anything and

I would like to do it as painlessly as possible and have heard that chocolate will kill a dog

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Guess it depends how hard you hit them with it :o

i would like some constructive advice on how to get rid of the dogs - the thais wont do anything and

I would like to do it as painlessly as possible and have heard that chocolate will kill a dog

And maybe the dogs have an allery to nuts?

As well I have hear with enought Baht anything can happen in Thailand. Shows what I no..

Is there not a old saying. If you throw enought money at a problem if can be made to go away :D

And maybe the dogs have an allery to nuts?

All the 'nuts' that live near me have dogs

How about some thing like this.

http://www.pestrepellerultimate.com/Pest_Repeller_MC.htm

Have no idea if they actully work or not..but would be intrested to know if they do..because I have barking dog and shitting dog/cat problem that would be nice to get rid of !! :o

Otherwise it'll have to be the rat poison for them ( and that would be a real shame )

If someone gets this please let us know if it works

How about some thing like this.

http://www.pestrepellerultimate.com/Pest_Repeller_MC.htm

Have no idea if they actully work or not..but would be intrested to know if they do..because I have barking dog and shitting dog/cat problem that would be nice to get rid of !! :o

Otherwise it'll have to be the rat poison for them ( and that would be a real shame )

If someone gets this please let us know if it works

The web site describes this product as having an adjustable 5-25Khz ultrasonic frequency. The lower end of this range is well within the average humans hearing ability and wouldn't frighten anything away. Ultrasonic starts from 40 Khz. FACT.

Sounds like a con to me.

:D Hire a hit dog. No joke. Lots of well trained K9s which can clean the weaker hounds out quick and looks like the fangs of nature ( dog eats dog). Night op with immediate extraction of the beast (hit hound). :D

:D

I way underestimated the number of dogs living adjacent to my building.

I took a walk and it was unbelievable!

I'm not talking about 6 or 8 dogs hanging out on some corner. This is totally out of control over her in Klong San.

There are 3 Temples nearby and alot of low end housing. It's scary negociating the walkways there.

Every sidewalk, parking lot, street has dozens of mangy dogs, all having puppies, everywhere!

Maybe 500 dogs in this small area I'd guess.

I'm 24 floors up and even with my windows closed the barking is irritating. No way can I open the windows at nite. It's got to be deafining up close.

About 8;30 every nite they get set off and it sounds like all of them howling, barking, fighting, squeeling, yapping.

HUNDREDS of dogs barking at the same time HUNDREDS!!!

My Thai friend was visiting the other nite and we were on my balcony.

The dogs all were barking crazily. My Thai friend didnt even notice, he is so used to noise pollution.

They think it a natural sound, like crickets chirping or somthing. Nothing can be done.

O yeah, they do bite alot of people he mentioned.

I see toddlers wandering around down their among the packs of wild, diseased dogs.

This is OK?

I live in a Middle-class Moo Ban on the Eastern outskirts of Bangkok, and we do have problems with stray dogs - and cats - from time to time.

It’s a fairly active Village however – in that someone is always repairing or rebuilding their house. This entails hiring a gang of Burmese / Khmer labourers - who erect their huts on any available piece of land nearby.

Shortly afterwards the stray dogs and cats all disappear.

:o

Patrick

i love it