Newborn dumped, found dead in Phuket trash pile

Lite Beer

Newborn dumped, found dead in Phuket trash pile
Phuket Gazette -

phuketnews_Police_believe_the_baby_had_b
Police believe the baby boy had been dead for over 24 hours before his body was found. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: A newborn baby boy with a rubber band twisted tightly around its neck was found dead in a pile of rubbish in southern Phuket beach area of Rawai yesterday afternoon.

The baby, estimated to have been dead for over 24 hours, was spotted by Rawai Municipality trash truck driver Sutham Kansuwan on his regular route along Soi Suksan 1, said Deputy Superintendent Jumroon Plaiduang.

“We were picking up trash as usual when noticed a black plastic bag covered by a red shirt that smelled foul,” Mr Sutham told the Phuket Gazette.

“We opened the bag, and were shocked to see the tiny hand of a dead newborn baby – we immediately called the police,” he said.

The infant’s body was heavily bruised. It weighed about 2.7 kilograms and still had the umbilical cord attached, said Lt Col Jumroon.

“At this stage we believe the mother was not ready to raise the child, so she dumped it,” Lt Col Jumroon said. “The body has been sent to Vachira Phuket Hospital.”

“We are now searching for the mother to prosecute her,” he added.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Newborn-dumped-found-dead-in-Phuket-trash-pile-21349.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-06-15

Thailand allows abortions only in certain cases.

Grounds on which abortion is permitted:

To save the life of the woman Yes

To preserve physical health Yes

To preserve mental health Yes

Rape or incest Yes

Foetal impairment No

Economic or social reasons No

Available on request No

Additional requirements:

A legal abortion must be performed by a physician.

Source: http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/abortion/doc/thailand.doc

It's absolutely very stupid to not to allow abortions, when the mother wishes it. I guess there could be an psychologist to ask the mother if she really wishes to do an abortion, but after that no state or official policies should not deny the privilege.

Thailand allows abortions only in certain cases.

Grounds on which abortion is permitted:

To save the life of the woman Yes

To preserve physical health Yes

To preserve mental health Yes

Rape or incest Yes

Foetal impairment No

Economic or social reasons No

Available on request No

Additional requirements:

A legal abortion must be performed by a physician.

Source: http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/abortion/doc/thailand.doc

It's absolutely very stupid to not to allow abortions, when the mother wishes it. I guess there could be an psychologist to ask the mother if she really wishes to do an abortion, but after that no state or official policies should not deny the privilege.

It should be a "right" - not a "privilege."

• Like 2

Some European countries have a system which allows the mother to leave the unwanted child somewhere where it is taken care of, she will remain anonymous or her identity will be revealed only to the child when it has reached a certain age and expresses the wish to know.

Photo is from Austria, the unhappy mother opens the drawer and leaves the child in the warmed cot.

post-1788-0-61933700-1371354457_thumb.gi

Some European countries have a system which allows the mother to leave the unwanted child somewhere where it is taken care of, she will remain anonymous or her identity will be revealed only to the child when it has reached a certain age and expresses the wish to know.

Photo is from Austria, the unhappy mother opens the drawer and leaves the child in the warmed cot.

Seems like the usual practise overhere is: condoms or garbage.

a very sad thing to happen,,but this country atleast allows abortion in certain situations,,in the developed west,the catholic church has a lot to answer for,,,italy/ireland etc,,,,,in the 21 century aswell and they still condem terminations ,discraceful behaviour,sorry that was off topic everyone,,,,,

Edited by winstonc

There is sex education in Thailand , but girls are either too poor or too lazy to use contraception . My wife has mostly bought the pill for her daughter-in-law .

Abortions are available in most areas if you know where to look .

This is a tragic case , that I think shouldn't be judged by western standards .

There is sex education in Thailand , but girls are either too poor or too lazy to use contraception . My wife has mostly bought the pill for her daughter-in-law .

Abortions are available in most areas if you know where to look .

This is a tragic case , that I think shouldn't be judged by western standards .

It's definately tragic, and I am aware of post natal depression, but murder is murder - by any country's standards.