afraid of the mozzies

watgate

For those of you looking for an apartment or condo above the "mosquito line" you will have to find one above 1660 meters or about 5,250 feet. Being that Chiang Mai is only about 300 meters above sea level you will need to live on about the 4o3rd floor. Not sure anything that tall is on anyone's drawing board yet.

Is that the figure that they can fly at if they are over open ocean?

Or is that the figure thery can fly at above ground level.

Or just how high can they fly from the existing ground level they are over?

I take medication to suppress my immune system due to Rheumatoid Arthritis and consequently mosquitos can seriously mess me up. So, slapping on the deet at dusk is unavoidable, I cant take chances. My regime is to use a Belgian (after all they conquered the Congo) product 'Jaico' mosquito repellant (295baht for 50ml) and ive never been bitten while wearing it. It contains 24% deet and is widely available in and out of Bangkok. Smells zesty, but slimey and dont get it on your nuts.

Once bitten, it's Eurax Hydrocortisone cream (from Superdrug in the UK) for immediate use and then 24hrs later when the itching kicks in, try Anthisan (Boots, UK). Always itch round the bite if you really have to, never itch the middle.

For those of you looking for an apartment or condo above the "mosquito line" you will have to find one above 1660 meters or about 5,250 feet. Being that Chiang Mai is only about 300 meters above sea level you will need to live on about the 4o3rd floor. Not sure anything that tall is on anyone's drawing board yet.

Maybe not, but I'm looking forward to seeing the bamboo scaffolding when they build it.biggrin.png