Need advice regarding company setup process.

Hi group members,

I have hired a reputed lawyer firm who is assisting me to setup my company, import export licenses and all required documentation, like VAT papers and bank accounts with non immigrating visa and tax returns.

however things are getting delayed for no good reason.

I already have non B visa for 3 months and the company is registered in 3 Thai people's name.

Lawyer informed me that he will add me as a partner and other current Thai partners name will be written off.

My company has been registered, so can I open up an retail and wholesale shop/ store right now.

I import indian handicrafts, statues and Korean beauty products like face packs, gels, creams and other items. right now I Import via FedEx and had a hard time getting my products cleared last time because they told me that I require certificate of fine arts from fine art department in thailand to import such products. I have multiple queries and I'm kinda confused right now . kiddy assist how to go about if. if anyone has ever dealt with fine arts department and / or opened up retail or wholesale shop.

Also I would like to enquire if there is any single point of contact to register my company's products in trade fairs and other art fairs.

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You need a good customs broker for the imports not a lawyer - let them do all the work.

Let the lawyers do strictly legal work contracts - leases etc.

You need to find a good CPA for your audit and tax work one who will work closely with you.

Agreed customs can be a nightmare if you don't know your way around them.

The layers can set you up with the business paper work to run the country but the customs broker can do the real work.

• Like 1

Can I know how much it costs to set up the company ?

And for sure, if you do not know the right guy your life will be like hell everytime you will have to deal with customs, no need to try more.

I've spend a hearty amount. I usually get my goods cleared myself by going to the customs. don't take any shipping agent or broker along .

If, as you say, "I have hired a reputed lawyer firm who is assisting me to setup my company, import export licenses and all required documentation, like VAT papers and bank accounts with non immigrating visa and tax returns."

Instead of hiring a "reputed lawyer" why not hire a real and competent one? That way you won't have to ask total strangers about these complicated issues. Would you actually follow the legal advise of someone you don't know and can't even see nor hear?

Edited by HerbalEd

If, as you say, "I have hired a reputed lawyer firm who is assisting me to setup my company, import export licenses and all required documentation, like VAT papers and bank accounts with non immigrating visa and tax returns."

Instead of hiring a "reputed lawyer" why not hire a real and competent one? That way you won't have to ask total strangers about these complicated issues. Would you actually follow the legal advise of someone you don't know and can't even see nor hear?

can u suggest one ? the only reason I approached him because of word of mouth but things r now not upto the mark. how much will it cost for monthly accounting and tax returns aprox idea. my company is 2 m baht company. any idea ?

I can recommend JNP Legal as a lawyer firm, Honor Audit for accounting services and Fair & Easy for customs clearance. Fair & Easy might be as well able to assist you with license issues for your products. All 3 of them are in my opinion very professional and helpful but not the cheapest in the market . Let me know if you would like to have a contact there and I will connect you to them.

okay great, sounds good and also I need to know average cost of accounting and balance sheets and company returns and vat n social security for employees , what should be a fair charge, monthly and annual. I mean an accounting firm that can handle all and get good cleared as well which arrive via Ir and sea cargo. what is the just price for rendering there services ?

okay great, sounds good and also I need to know average cost of accounting and balance sheets and company returns and vat n social security for employees , what should be a fair charge, monthly and annual. I mean an accounting firm that can handle all and get good cleared as well which arrive via Ir and sea cargo. what is the just price for rendering there services ?

That depends on the accounting firm. Each is different but most of them would be able to advice you on such matters durning or after the meeting. I would meet with two or three and get a quotation for their services. They will most likely give you as we'll an advise if you forgot anything. Regarding salaries for employees. This depends on the job description but a good reference would be jobsdb.co.th.

Be aware that an accounting firm is usually not dealing with any import/export issues. This is done by a Freight Forwarder. An accounting firm would be able to advise you of any tax advantages or returns after vat has been paid or after you have exported the goods. They might be. Able as well to advise on the paperwork you have to do before exporting goods to receive the VAT refund.

• Like 1

any idea about the legitimate charge for the same. just accounting, tax returns and balance sheet stuff.

It depends on if you need Thai only or English translations.

I have had simple Thai only 6 month and year end tax returns done by a CPA for 800 baht or around double when English translations and lots of explanations are included.

Also Thai only audits for very small companies are under 10,000 baht per year. again can easily double with English reports etc..