mobile to mobile from UK to Thailand

Looking for some information on people who have done or are doing a mobile to mobile call from UK to Thailand

What the costs are

Yes I have looked up the internet and got prices but I would like top hear people experiences if you don't mind

Thanks

Hi I've been using a mobile with an 02 sim then getting the international calling card cost 5 pounds a pop the cost to ring mobiles in Thialand is 2 pence per minute no hidden charge works great

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by abxthe

There's a company called lycamobile.

They sell simcards in most European countries.

Geared towards short term tourists/ business travellers who need an uncomplicated way of calling abroad.

2p to fixed Thai lines, 6p to mobiles. A bit more expensive but easy to use and your actual number shows up on the receiving end instead of "unknown" or a Thai mobile number!

Excelent calling quality as well.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Hi I've been using a mobile with an 02 sim then getting the international calling card cost 5 pounds a pop the cost to ring mobiles in Thialand is 2 pence per minute no hidden charge works great Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi is the international card also 02 thanks

Yes the international card is from O2 available in any of there branches just buy over the counter .

Edited by abxthe

Check this web site http://www.weq4u.co.uk/. If you dial '+443335432111' (from a mobile, land line and Skype) first, then the number you want you'll just use your 'free' minutes on a mobile and the standard charge from your land line and Skype (@ 1.3p per min).

There's an app for people with a smart phone. You can then dial for free.

You'll see it's really designed for use with UK '08....' numbers but I've been told it works with all numbers. It certainly does using Skype because I've used it from Thailand, but I can't check the app out myself, because I'm in Thailand, and it's not downloadable from here.

Free!

I use my free minutes in the UK and the voipdiscount app. Credit this account with about 10 Euro and from then on it's Free for 120 days. After your free days have expired it's 0.17 pence per minute (nearly 2p). That's the same price for mobiles and landlines. Once the credit has gone (Takes me ages!) just put another 10 Euro on it and get another 120 days free.

Chris

Check this web site  http://www.weq4u.co.uk/.  If you dial '+443335432111' (from a mobile, land line and Skype) first, then the number you want you'll just use your 'free' minutes on a mobile and the standard charge from your land line and Skype (@ 1.3p per min).

There's an app for people with a smart phone. You can then dial for free.

You'll see it's really designed for use with UK  '08....' numbers but I've been told it works with all numbers. It certainly does using Skype because I've used it from Thailand, but  I can't check the app out myself, because I'm in Thailand, and it's not downloadable from here.

Ok had a go with the App on phone tried a mobile No in Bangkok beginning 08 "not capatable with our service" thanks tho looks useful for those call centre No in UK

Get a o2 international sim 3p per minute to phone thailand mobile, my mum phones me using that all the time, no lag good quality

http://www.o2.co.uk/international/intsim[/quote Checked this out at 02 after I had been getting the calling card the girl thought it might work cheaper even she smirked considering they've got the International Sim ... Only 1pence but calling Thailand is the only thing I use O2 for and picking up the card from branch ain't such a hassle .

this is the number to ring thailand using planet numbers,

290377 ring that number first, then the lady tells you to ring the number in thailand +66,,,,,,,,,,, ect,

and your through allways a good line, 3p per minute no buying top up cards, or credit, mobile to mobile,

jake

Personally, I use Localphone at 1.2p(1p + VAT) per minute to both landlines and mobile phones.

They have a promo on until the end of this month. Top up with at least £5/US$5/5€ and the person who recommended you gets the same.

So enter my email address; [email protected] in the who recommended you box if you do go for it.

Basically they give you a local phone number from your current location that connects to the number that you want to call. So I just call using my bundled minutes from my mobile telephone. Alternatively, you can use free minutes from your landline or via 3g/WiFi using their Android/iPhone/iPad application.

These are the countries from which you can can locally:

Argentina

Australia

Austria

Belgium

Brazil

Bulgaria

Canada

Chile

Croatia

Czech Republic

Denmark