Native English speaker in Admin at BPH?

prk888

All of the reception there speaks pretty good English as far as I'm concerned but they are just that......reception. Any other questions you want to talk/ask about you would need to see a doctor and they also speak English.

I have been to this hospital many, many times over the years and have never met anyone who didn't have a reasonable command of English--from the receptionists to the nurses to the doctors to the staff.

To answer your question, however, there were in the past at least two native English speakers in administration, a young man and an older woman. I don't know if they are still there or not. And as another poster wrote, Niel Manquez, a Filipino, is the hospital's PR guy and Dr. Iain Corness is at the hospital Mon-Fri to help (for free, or course) with any patient issues.

thanks for the replies and names.

Mr Gone ....... please re-read my clear question. I neither want to chat to reception or to a Dr., but thanks anyway

Sorry. I stand corrected.

Nothing like spending the "big bucks" at this hospital and having a doctor (who is suppose to be able to deal with international patients) has limited English. Once I asked a doctor to explain my illness and it was as if I was offending him. (yes, asking for details is a Western behavior--not in the Thai culture). He couldn't explain it in English. I just as well have gone to Memorial hospital. It would be a good investment if this hospital put their doctors through a good English class with medical terms.