Aircon is sucking power

A couple of months ago, my aircon suddenly starting using a lot of electricity.

I usually pay 1200-1500, but it's now shot up to 2500.

When I'm not home and only my fridge and PC is on, for 10 hours, the meter went up only 4. Last night, 10 hours with aircon on, the electricity jumped up 13.

I'd like recommendation of someone who could have a look into this.

I tried calling the aircon cleaners, but they seems to be clueless.

It's a Mitsu Mr. Slim

Most air con people in this country are useless , I brought my own Gage's from Canada and tested the gas pressure in my air cons my self.

The pressure in some of them was as low as 65 lbs not near enough gas but try tell a thai the pressure is not enough was like talking to a wall .

My bills were high also until I put more gas in them so they don't work so hard and burn less power

I forgot to mention that of course I did get it cleaned, but the reading were still high.

I may have got it sorted out. The aircon cleaners came and checked it out.

They said some wires were connected wrong. Well, they were the last people who took it apart.

I'll find out tomorrow morning if it has been fixed or not.

could be that the price of electric has gone up.

if the people that put it in siad that it was wired up wrong but it used to work ok then that cannot be the problem.

most things are wired up wrong here. fuses should blow before pumps and stuff break but they dont

Also heat makes things like pumps and aircons work harder as the weather is hot and refrigeration systems work by giving out heat to the ambiant. which is out side. the hotter it is the harder the compressor has to work. same with pools pumps and watere pumps, boiler extra.