Bluegrass players wanted !

Gone

Hey guys we have 4 or 5 of us that get together and play Bluegrass and just have a lot of fun. We are serious about learning the songs but are not so serious that we want to play gigs etc. Just a get together, play, learn and ENJOY for now please. Would be nice to see some Fiddle players, Dobro, Bass etc. too.

Right now we have a Guitar player (Rhythm and lead), Banjo/Guitar player, Mandolin, Wash tub (Gut Bucket Bass) player and a Fiddle player sometimes. We also have another Guitar player (mostly leads) that joins sometimes.

For now, we get together once per week and just "Pick-Away".

Let me know if you are interested at all and what you play etc.

PS: Singers are welcome who play an instrument tongue.png but please understand that we play ONLY Bluegrass and want folks who are willing to practice the songs we know between jams.

Reply here or send me a pm.

• Like 2

I don't play but once you get to the point where you want to start playing some gigs please let me know...

Living and working in Bangkok, but would be happy to drive to Pattaya on any Sat or Sun if necessary to see a blue grass band...

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Gone... Do you know of any bars that have any Bluegrass bands that play?

I've been in Bangkok for 8 years now and have never seen any...

Actually we do NOT want to do gigs . I only know that in Bkk on Khaosarn rd on the parallel street there used to be a couple of Thais that used to play bluegrass just street musicians but were quite good.

As far as I know we are the ONLY people in Thailand that play grass. lol

Imagine that -- bluegrass pickers in Pattaya.

I used to be involved with bluegrass players back home, and I played a some bluegrass with them (just rhythm guitar). I even bought a mandolin and still have that back home. I almost brought it with me last time I came back but decided to tote along a 1979 Gibson SG instead (which I've since sold).

You got me thinking about some of my favourite bluegrass players, besides his majesty, Bill Monroe, and I realized that I have to download some Seldom Scene -- they're great.

I used to be involved with bluegrass players back home, and I played a some bluegrass with them (just rhythm guitar). I even bought a mandolin and still have that back home. I almost brought it with me last time I came back but decided to tote along a 1979 Gibson SG instead (which I've since sold).

You got me thinking about some of my favourite bluegrass players, besides his majesty, Bill Monroe, and I realized that I have to download some Seldom Scene -- they're great.

Seldom Scene are my all time favourite band.

Yeah those Bluegrass folk are some bad azz people. coffee1.gif

PS: They sell Fiddles here in Pattaya if anyone knows how to play one but doesn't have one here.

Edited by Gone

PS: They sell Fiddles here in Pattaya if anyone knows how to play one but doesn't have one here.

Very cool !! If you guys can play as well as Seldom Scene, I definitely want to drop by and listen in.

Actually, regardless of how well you play, I'd like to drop by and get inspired.

Very cool !! If you guys can play as well as Seldom Scene, I definitely want to drop by and listen in.

Actually, regardless of how well you play, I'd like to drop by and get inspired.

I don't mean to sound snobby or rude but right now we are not set up for spectators where we rehearse. The post is actually looking for fellow pickers to join in. If one day (after thousands of moons of practice) we ever did a charity gig or something I would sure let it be known.

I appreciate your Love for grass and they do sell Mandolins here. lol.

PS: If we could play 1/4 as good as the Seldom Scene we could probably afford to BUY a Fiddle player 555

Actually we do NOT want to do gigs . I only know that in Bkk on Khaosarn rd on the parallel street there used to be a couple of Thais that used to play bluegrass just street musicians but were quite good.

I love to play bluegrass and old-time music, but I live north of Chiang Mai. Next time we head down Pattaya way I will bring my guitar, and sit in with you guys if you don't mind. I'm not really all that good, but am enthusiastic.

• Like 2

I love to play bluegrass and old-time music, but I live north of Chiang Mai. Next time we head down Pattaya way I will bring my guitar, and sit in with you guys if you don't mind. I'm not really all that good, but am enthusiastic.

Let us know when you are around mate.

I don't play but once you get to the point where you want to start playing some gigs please let me know...

Living and working in Bangkok, but would be happy to drive to Pattaya on any Sat or Sun if necessary to see a blue grass band...

There is a band that plays hickabilly/C&W here. They are actually quite good. I saw them play a few weeks ago and it was great. A nice break from the standard stuff. I'm patiently waiting for their next gig!! Nice group of players:

You sound like me. Enthusiastic, but need lots of practice! 5555

Believe it or not, even after 50 years even Doc needed practice. Ok that's a lie but the point is that we ALL need practice and that's what the intention of our jams are so please folks if you play/pick, let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Bangkok and play bluegrass and old-time. I'd love to get together with anyone for some fiddle tunes or to sing any of the standards. Definitely PM me if you or any players are headed up this way.

Edited by timmyp

I live in Bangkok and play bluegrass and old-time. I'd love to get together with anyone for some fiddle tunes or to sing any of the standards. Definitely PM me if you or any players are headed up this way.

Thanks but we are all individuals who live in Pattaya and the chances of us all traveling to Bangkok on the same day with our instruments are slim to none but thanks for the offer.

I did meet a few pickers when I lived in Bkk years ago from an add I posted on Craigslist though. You might try it too and the same folk might see it. I don't have any numbers sorry.

We are still looking for pickers every Wednesday guys so come on and give it a go !!!!!

Our fiddle player jams at a bar in Bangkok from time to time. We were talking about accompanying him on his next trip. Not sure when it will be, but I'll check on Wednesday.

Do you play the fiddle?

Either either, It's always good to know more pickers and Like Craig says, who knows, we could end up in Bkk one day. You are always welcome here if you ever come to Pattaya just pm one of us mate.

• 4 months later...

I am a bluegrass banjo player for over 30years. I will be visiting Thailand in January 2014 and bringing my banjo.

I always travel with my banjo and would like to meet and play with other musicians while I'm visiting.

I'm open to all types of music and love learning.

Any ideas of where I might find other musicians to pick with?

Funny you should ask that I am also a Banjo picker. I have sent you a PM

Yeah and Rimmer is not too shabby either. I just don't know how he hits all those notes with those claws he wears? Oh yeah, he plays claw-hammer style lol.

But seriously "Bluegrass Picken", you would enjoy jamming with these guys, they are great. I did for awhile but am out of commission for awhile (although I'm ready for short stints again guys but just on guitar as I can't haul my bucket around on the bike.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...