I bumped in to this tonight amazing thailand

yankee99

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all can't be serious, what a heap of cr@p.

One man's crap is another man's gold.

This machine is easily worth $5,000 in the U.S., and $10,000 in Thailand.

Once restored to showroom condition it would easily be worth $30,000 in the U.S. and at least

double that (maybe 2 million baht) in Thailand.

If this bike could be bought here for 200,000 - 300,000 baht it would be a lucrative investment.

Call it crap if you like, even ignorantly, but someone could make a ton of money on this. Or just

the enjoyment of restoring it, showing it at motorcycle shows and keeping as an investment.

Not sure who is out of touch with prices me or you. if I thought 300000 baht could touch this I would have talked with the owner. no way$5000 buys this in the states. I believe $10000 would be on the low side and $15000 would be a avg deal. Edited by yankee99

I wasn't into bikes,

although my brother had a BSA Bantam when I was about 9 years old and I rode it around the street one day when he wasn't home and I was "sick" but sadly I almost knocked over the Headmaster from my school... I wasn't very popular at home or school except amongst my class mates who reckoned I was a champion.

Later developed a passion for old cars and had an MG TC which I restored but like an idiot sold it.

Once restored to showroom condition it would easily be worth $30,000 in the U.S. and at least

If this bike could be bought here for 200,000 - 300,000 baht it would be a lucrative investment.

Call it crap if you like, even ignorantly, but someone could make a ton of money on this. Or just

the enjoyment of restoring it, showing it at motorcycle shows and keeping as an investment.

Not sure who is out of touch with prices me or you. if I thought 300000 baht could touch this I would have talked with the owner. no way$5000 buys this in the states. I believe $10000 would be on the low side and $15000 would be a avg deal.

This restored matching-numbers 1947 Indian Chief Roadmaster sold for $25,000 on eBay earlier this month- I don't think the bike you saw is worth 10K, especially considering how much it would cost to restore it.

$(KGrHqVHJEgFGp,rfWswBRufGNrsD!~~60_3.JP

eBay link to completed sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1947-Indian-Chief-Roadmaster-Matching-Numbers-/190855586786?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2c6fe123e2

Edited by RubberSideDown

I asked a friend in San Diego (who buys and sells old iron) to take a look at it and give me a guesstimate on value- maybe it's a rare model- he'll probably know.

Without expert knowledge it is so hard to judge value. Sometimes original is worth more then restored. So many halfass restoration jobs out there.

IE: some joker might take out a factory 8 track and install a cd player hence down goes the value.

just a tip,if anyone is interested in buying it send your wife/gf to ask how much its guna cost,because if you ask it will be alot more,they will know your into them and price accordingly,good luck buyer,,,,i know nothing about bikes but it does look like sex ,,,,,,,

I asked a friend in San Diego (who buys and sells old iron) to take a look at it and give me a guesstimate on value- maybe it's a rare model- he'll probably know.

Without expert knowledge it is so hard to judge value. Sometimes original is worth more then restored. So many halfass restoration jobs out there.

IE: some joker might take out a factory 8 track and install a cd player hence down goes the value.

You might be right- I don't know anything about these bikes- there are a crap-load of them that have gone unsold on eBay lately if you check the history- maybe the market is getting soft.

Edited by RubberSideDown

I am not into these kind of bikes at all but the looks of the unrestored one are so much better then the no expense spared "better then new" bikes (and cars for that matter). Most owners restore the soul out of it.

Patina is the key word here.

• Like 1

I am not and never will be a bike rider nor even a Honda Wave.

Having said that seeing your pictures just wants me to carry my camera with me more than I do.

Seeing that bike I would want an even better camera.

There is some thing grand in old hard to find articles such as old bikes.

Don't know the value but it definatly is an item to appreciate.

• Like 2

If i had the money i would love to own it (its like owning a part of history)I would restore her and put it in my livingroom.

maybe its a american thing?

No, its a classic bike thing! If I found it I would be looking for the owner with a cheque in my hand! Even though it doesn't have a tax disk or number plate.

And I'd like one of these as well.

attachicon.gifCropperCapture3.jpg

And because there are only about 5 in existance, one of these.

attachicon.gifCropperCapture9.jpg

I had a Black Shadow long, long time ago, an awesome bike and great to ride.

Vincent "Black Shadow" ... Ahhh, big sigh clap2.gif

• Like 1

If i had the money i would love to own it (its like owning a part of history)I would restore her and put it in my livingroom.

No, its a classic bike thing! If I found it I would be looking for the owner with a cheque in my hand! Even though it doesn't have a tax disk or number plate.

I had a Black Shadow long, long time ago, an awesome bike and great to ride.

Vincent "Black Shadow" ... Ahhh, big sigh clap2.gif

I have worked on Brough Superior stuff with that beautiful JAP engine. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Not sure who is out of touch with prices me or you. if I thought 300000 baht could touch this I would have talked with the owner. no way$5000 buys this in the states. I believe $10000 would be on the low side and $15000 would be a avg deal.

Maybe you missed the word "easily" in my post.

In this context "easily" means that the machine would likely bring a lot more.

In case you haven't noticed we're very much in agreement. No need to argue

when we agree, right?... sick.gif

Edited by BradinAsia

My friend to back to me- obviously he doesn't have much to go on, but this is what he said- 'Under $ 16,000, there could be money made if it runs.'

I guess it would be a buy at 300,000 baht (if the owner would take it, of course).;)

Edited by RubberSideDown

the Vincent I can recognise.....what is the fantasy bike supposed to be?

was it for sale?

I am po folk. Knowing it was out of my price range i didnt ask. I assume evrything is for sale at the right price. The market is friday nights in chonburi. It may be there every friday for all i know.

Hey Yank.. was this the market on Sukumvit or near the ocean in Chonburi??? thanks in advance......... (just moved to Jomtien, I miss Chonburi lived behind Macro for 6yrs.)

the Vincent I can recognise.....what is the fantasy bike supposed to be?

A chap in America....name escapes me....wanted to resurrect the Vincent brand with a bike using a Honda VTR engine. I remember the Australian magazine "Two Wheels" had it on the cover....2002???....and I thought it looked great! I had to go and find a link cos my memory is a bit fuzzy! The chaps name was Barney Li and he died in a road accident in Arizona. You can get a run down here: http://www.bikeexif.com/vincent-black-shadow

was it for sale?

I am po folk. Knowing it was out of my price range i didnt ask. I assume evrything is for sale at the right price. The market is friday nights in chonburi. It may be there every friday for all i know.

Hey Yank.. was this the market on Sukumvit or near the ocean in Chonburi??? thanks in advance......... (just moved to Jomtien, I miss Chonburi lived behind Macro for 6yrs.)

Well if you lived behind Macro you would have been a 2 minute ride away!

When I was a kid growing up in the 50s the local shop had a 4 square Ariel, I was only about 9 or 10 but I will never forget that bike.

OK---So this one's an INDIAN --------- Much more unforgettable---------- I seen "The Fastest Indian" three times and that's unforgettable too !!!!!

Thanks a heap for Photos 99 ----- wish I had been with you !!

give me a square4 over an indian any day or better still a brough superior!

• Like 1