Maintenance charge for CBR 250

dictater

I think my CCT may be having problems as well as I have cold engine squeaking sounds (I bought a cbr250r with around 9,000 km). Does anyone have the part number so that I can order it from Honda? Also, does the oil need to be drained to change the CCT? thanks!

Hey Im the OP for this thread and replaced my CCT already. I dont have the part number but your local honda dealer will have a manual with both English and Thai (or at least mine did) so you can locate the part on the diagram and just point it out to him. The cost was 680 baht and I would imagine they would install for free since it only takes five minutes and involves two bolts. You don't need to change the oil or anything else, Just makes sure the little plastic tab that keeps the plunger or piston on the CCT retracted stays in place until installed, then you pull that out which puts the correct amount of pressure on the chain and the final bolt goes into the threads that cover that retraction screw. Dont worry if that doesnt make sense right now, it will when you see the CCT.

Hey Im the OP for this thread and replaced my CCT already. I dont have the part number but your local honda dealer will have a manual with both English and Thai (or at least mine did) so you can locate the part on the diagram and just point it out to him. The cost was 680 baht and I would imagine they would install for free since it only takes five minutes and involves two bolts. You don't need to change the oil or anything else, Just makes sure the little plastic tab that keeps the plunger or piston on the CCT retracted stays in place until installed, then you pull that out which puts the correct amount of pressure on the chain and the final bolt goes into the threads that cover that retraction screw. Dont worry if that doesnt make sense right now, it will when you see the CCT.

after taking the old one out, did it look possible to adjust the CCT in anyway? Did the plunger/piston screw appear to be loosened?

i pulled one out of my old 150 and someone had mounted a bolt and nuts in place of the plunger, and it worked.

Edited by KRS1

Okay, just to put a cap on this thread. Got the CCT as I wrote earlier took KRS1's advice about not having to bother with the cam positions and just changed it out. 5 minutes later started the bike and no more engine noise. Two things though I don't see any problem with the original CCT, pressure from the spring seems fine, its not seized so I don't know what the problem with it is. The replacement CCT seems a bit cheaper, its lighter and just a wee bit smaller, just wondering how long this one will last. Thanks to everyone who chipped in, and of course now I and all of you know Honda shops in Kan are good for oil and tire changes (maybe).

Could it have been that the cam chain tensioner was in-between a 'tooth / click'

It's well known that CCTs get a little loud and clunky when they are about to roll over to the next tooth.

Seems like a common enough part fault, not just a once off.

The first time mine went I recall the dealer saying it was something like an o-ring or seal inside it that went and jammed it up. Something along those lines. Some 680b so hardly a big deal.

The last time it happened I didn't bother getting the details.

I already tossed out the old one, before I did though I retracted the plunger/ piston and let it wind back out a couple of times and really couldnt see any problem with it, It may be worth your while to pull it out, retract the plunger, spray it with some kind of sonex or WD, wipe it back down and re-install to see if it was just sticky. Just make sure you keep the plunger retracted as you bolt it back down. I had already bough the new one and so just installed it. Let us know.

No No no guys, it depends what kind of oil they put in. When I was on my 3000km service they offered my normal oil 150bht a liter and synthetic imported japanese oil for 650 a liter. Mine came out 650x3 + about 900 on my maintenance, filter change etc. So it sounds about right. If he did use normal oil then its a rip off for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Remove the allen screw and insert a small flathead into the hole and turn it counterclockwise until you feel tension. That means the flathead is in, then turn it until you feel the CCT tightening up against the chain.

The CCT design sucks