Bring Carl's Jr. to Chiang Mai, show your support.

WinnieTheKhwai

I like pickled beetroot, but can not understand why anyone would eat Vegemite willingly. I bet they serve it at Gitmo.

Gitmo must also serve ribs - a form of torture up there with waterboarding.

I can never understand Americans' fixation with ribs. I used to buy them for my dog as they were very good at keeping his teeth clean.

I suppose it is like Vegemite, it is what you were brought up with.

Speaking of which I think I need some toast and Vegemite right now.

BBQ-ed Ribs.... Nothing better! I could never understand how anyone could order a half-rack when a full baby-back rack was available!

Re: Vegemite.... I have this fear that if you don't watch it carefully and keep it refrigerated, it will crawl off your plate and take over the Earth.

• Like 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After WWII, the Japanese diet changed considerably due to the influence of "American" cooking with increased meat and dairy in the diet. Of course, the incidence of cardiac disease skyrocketed!

So, I say, show your support!! "BAN Carl's Jr" and all its ilk, McDonalds, et al. That stuff is as dangerous as yaba and too easily available through Western chain restaurants and in your friendly Western-style Chiang Mai grocers' freezers ! Not that what is sold in local markets (such as any internal organs --- e,g,, liver) isn't as deadly, or even more so!

Ban happy food. I think not. If you knew what was in most Thai food you would think twice before posting this rubbish.

And you are telling me the Japanese were forced to eat hamburgers after WW2. Where did you get this info from? Truly hilarious.

Fear mongering probably causes more death than hamburgers.

In fact the Japanese diet did change after WW11 and became much higher in protein. As a result the Japanese are getting bigger and the woman are developing larger breasts. So you see it is not all bad.

• Like 1

After WWII, the Japanese diet changed considerably due to the influence of "American" cooking with increased meat and dairy in the diet. Of course, the incidence of cardiac disease skyrocketed!

So, I say, show your support!! "BAN Carl's Jr" and all its ilk, McDonalds, et al. That stuff is as dangerous as yaba and too easily available through Western chain restaurants and in your friendly Western-style Chiang Mai grocers' freezers ! Not that what is sold in local markets (such as any internal organs --- e,g,, liver) isn't as deadly, or even more so!

Ban happy food. I think not. If you knew what was in most Thai food you would think twice before posting this rubbish.

And you are telling me the Japanese were forced to eat hamburgers after WW2. Where did you get this info from? Truly hilarious.

Fear mongering probably causes more death than hamburgers.

In fact the Japanese diet did change after WW11 and became much higher in protein. As a result the Japanese are getting bigger and the woman are developing larger breasts. So you see it is not all bad.

Thank you for posting that. I started to post something and didn't.

In the Samurai armor I have seen in museum displays, they look to be for very, very small bodies. After Western, and I am sure others, started going to Japan centuries ago, the bodies of Japanese increased in size.

Of course after other people started going to Japan, the whole lifestyle also changed.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

It is difficult to argue with large breasts.

• Like 2

Thai people are getting taller too. Noticed this just yesteray in the Big C beer girls. 15 years ago they'd send anyone's LB-meter off the scale. Now they're tall, real women!

So I think we can all agree that increased consumption of Western food (in moderation) is a Very Good Thing!

• Like 1

I like pickled beetroot, but can not understand why anyone would eat Vegemite willingly. I bet they serve it at Gitmo.

I can never understand Americans' fixation with ribs. I used to buy them for my dog as they were very good at keeping his teeth clean.

"Speaking of which I think I need some toast and Vegemite right now."

My condolence'stongue.png .

Thai people are getting taller too. Noticed this just yesteray in the Big C beer girls. 15 years ago they'd send anyone's LB-meter off the scale. Now they're tall, real women!

So I think we can all agree that increased consumption of Western food (in moderation) is a Very Good Thing!

Don't blame the westerners on this, it's the Thai government's fault. smile.png

BANGKOK - The Public Health Ministry aims to boost Thai youths' average height to 175cm for males and 162cm for females in 10 years and also lengthen the average life span to 80 years through a campaign to drink milk every day.

Asiaone

• Like 2

BBQ-ed Ribs.... Nothing better! I could never understand how anyone could order a half-rack when a full baby-back rack was available!

Re: Vegemite.... I have this fear that if you don't watch it carefully and keep it refrigerated, it will crawl off your plate and take over the Earth.

When my son comes to visit me from Canada first thing he wants to do after getting a room is Dukes on the river with a full rack of ribs.

Not a big rib eater my self I was totally shocked when my Thai wife who is thurley convinced if it is not Thai it is not tasty fell in love with there ribs.

for me it is the Joes special.

It's the hormones they put in there chickens.

It's the hormones they put in there chickens.

Them There Chickens?

• Like 1

When my son comes to visit me from Canada first thing he wants to do after getting a room is Dukes on the river with a full rack of ribs.

Not a big rib eater my self I was totally shocked when my Thai wife who is thurley convinced if it is not Thai it is not tasty fell in love with there ribs.

why does your son get a room. why can't he stay with you

Your kidding aren't you?

Your kidding aren't you?
why does he even come to Thailand. the first food he eats is ribs he doesn't stay with his father it's goofy. stay home

Your kidding aren't you?
why does he even come to Thailand. the first food he eats is ribs he doesn't stay with his father it's goofy. stay home

What is goofy about it. He knows his way around Chiang Mai better than I do.

When your children come here to visit do you have to hold their hand and tell them what to eat and what not to eat. If so you might want to rethink your method of raising children.

Edited by hellodolly

When your children come here to visit do you have to hold their hand and tell them what to eat and what not to eat. If so you might want to rethink your method of raising children.

bait.gif

Your kidding aren't you?

ok when you visit your son do you get off the plane check into a motel and run to the first noodle shop that you can find

Your kidding aren't you?

ok when you visit your son do you get off the plane check into a motel and run to the first noodle shop that you can find

Not sure are you goofy or just plain nuts.

It also depends on what country or city I am in.

I know where you are coming from. I was just like you when I started traveling as I had never had the experience in my memory. So I needed the comfort of having it all laid out in front of me. So when I arrived some one would be there to hold my hand.

My boy learned quick and now when he comes we just check him in where he wants to stay and go for the ribs at Dukes on the river. Next time he is here if you would like I could ask him to give you a tour of Chiang Mai.

Bring Carl's Jr. to Chiang Mai, show your support.

I read in the Pattaya forum some time ago that he has departed from his previous location in Central Festival in Pattaya. Maybe he's on his way to Chiangmai

Carl's JR still open on 3rd floor of Central Festival Pattaya, sadly it's A&W who closed down and got replaced by KFC sad.png

sorry. it just dawned on me. you rent and live in a studio and there's no room for him

How does what someone eats or where they stay concern you? Is that really how you judge people? He should stay at home because he doesn't eat what you think he should eat? My, my, I can see why people avoid this forum. It's bad enough that it's yet another topic about burgers without it degenerating into such pathetic drivel.

Well, yes. But also interesting; it shows you can have a pretty good run of trolling and flame-baiting in this forum as long as you:

* Place trolls and flame-bait as replies to other posts, and don't start obvious troll topics.

* Never ever criticize the forum and the way it's run; stick to bullying regular members.

BTW, you're giving him what he wants with replies like that. Next someone will come along saying "ah, this topic has now degenerated. //CLOSED", thinking that this fixed it and made things better. (Instead of just taking out the single bad apple, and leave the big basket of good apples in place, looking all lush and delicious to old and new members alike.)

Healthy debate challenges ideas, not people. (Yes, even if the ideas area about hamburgers. smile.png ) I don't mind (no, *appreciate*) people coming out with strongly worded arguments why burger joints are the worst thing ever to happen to Chiang Mai. That's on-topic, valid opinion. Bullying a fellow forum member on the other hand makes me mad. And sad.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1