what has been your greatest

pigeonjake

Not sure. In my mind just moving to Thailand was my best but as per your question of since I have been here would make it a bit harder. I guess being able to play as much golf as I like all over the place. At home I would just play local courses but due to the cheap cost of living here vs home it's nice to travel and see the country while enjoying a round or 2 of golf.

if that makes any sence.

• Like 1

@scottythai,

if you ever get to play soi dow, i live about 50klicks from there, send me a message and pop in for a beer,,

jake

No I have yet to play there. But if I head that way I would 100% message ya. Beer is a great thing.

• Like 1

Getting away from my crazy ex despite the threats of lies to the police, family coming to get me, suicide, homicide etc etc. It actually required me to leave the country for a while.

Been there got the t-shirt. Actually it is still ongoing after nearly 6 years of separation. Last conversation I had with her she told me her Dad now has a gun and wants to kill both me and her. She is in SG now.

I read somewhere once that one's happiness is in inverse proportion to the size of one's house.

I think that is true, I had the big houses with 200 bathrooms and swimming pools and so on and was miserbale. Now I have a little 2 bed 1 bath (for a long time it was only a tub with a bucket) in Indonesia and couldn't be happier.

My greatest acheivement was surviving long enough to get the heck out of dodge.

Although I am not in the LOS permantley,now about 10 months a year,I think my greatest achievement is Baby Eye.For a long time I thought he was a bit off in the head but after recent events I know for sure he is.But that has bought us closer together,and I love the little guy and Lady Pla more

Getting away from my crazy ex despite the threats of lies to the police, family coming to get me, suicide, homicide etc etc. It actually required me to leave the country for a while.

Been there got the t-shirt. Actually it is still ongoing after nearly 6 years of separation. Last conversation I had with her she told me her Dad now has a gun and wants to kill both me and her. She is in SG now.

I read somewhere once that one's happiness is in inverse proportion to the size of one's house.

I think that is true, I had the big houses with 200 bathrooms and swimming pools and so on and was miserbale. Now I have a little 2 bed 1 bath (for a long time it was only a tub with a bucket) in Indonesia and couldn't be happier.

you had a house with 200 bathrooms blink.png

At a time like this I would like to be able to say something deep and meaningful.

However, I'll let you know once I have fixed the leak I have in the ceiling above the Kitchen, before the rainy season fair dinkum sets in.

• Like 2

Greatest achievement would probably be proving to myself that I can do things by myself. All my working life prior to moving to Thailand everything was done for me, here I had to think for myself for the last 17 years. I know it doesn't sound like much, but would be surprised if there were not more people living here in the same boat..........wink.png

Also realizing that real happiness isn't based on how much you can drink or how many girls you sleep with (that was an interesting revelation!)

Of course there is the fact that I have been happily married for the last 14 years here, married to the person who saved my life (literally!). This is the longest stable place I have been since was 15 years old.

Again, raising the two 4 year old Siberian huskies to what they are today, I would class that as an achievement as well..................tongue.png

• Like 2

you had a house with 200 bathrooms blink.png

smile.png ofcourse not, just making a point.

Edited by tuky

After my first wife (a wonderful women) passed away from a lengthy illness, having the guts to get back in the saddle and start again. Now two brilliant (not in the smart way, but wonderful) children, a beautiful wife, and a peaceful existence. Twice blessed in one lifetime. Not bragging, just the way I feel.

• Like 1