Rocker 'Sek Loso' thanks Thai police for helping him quit drugs

webfact

Rocker 'Sek Loso' Thanks Police For Helping Him Quit Drugs

sek.jpg
Mr. Seksan Sukpimai (center, black glasses)
Image: KHAOSOD English

BANGKOK: -- The musician known for his rebellious attitude and drug abuses met with chief of police to declare that he is no longer addicted to drugs.

Sek Loso, real name Seksan Sukpimai, was at the center of massive scandal in late 2010 when his ex-wife published photos on Facebook which allegedly show Mr. Seksan taking his meth.

In the Facebook posts she criticized the musician for neglecting her and her children as he was always taking drugs or getting drunk. She also claimed Mr. Seksan beat her time to time.

The image itself became viral on the online community, where individuals doctored the image into more innocent-looking action like drinking orange juice or blowing air into balloons.

Sek Loso eventually apologized to the public and agreed to undergo a period of rehab. He was not charged with any crime; the police said drug addicts get automatic amnesty from prosecution if they come forward and agree to be rehabilitated. Mr. Seksan completed his rehab session in 2011.

Today, Mr. Seksan met with Pol.Gen. Adul Saengsingkaew, chief of the Royal Thai Police, and told him that all the history of drugs use is far behind him. [more...]

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM01qRTFNRGcwTlE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-06-25

Id be wary as he still dabbles, his newish drummer has a huge meth problem and was kicked from his previous band for not wanting to quit.As this yaa bah crap takes only 3 day to clear a test here by the way, Id be testing him daily .

if the jounalist didnt point him out to me in the picture id never have guessed,,i thought it was the bloke dressed like a member of village people,,,but ive never been the sharpest tool in the box,,,,just a tool,,,,,w00t.gif

So how did the cops help him quit? will they help him to stop beating up woman as well?

They helped him by telling him he'd have to spend "time inside" (and I don't mean with the Mrs) if he kept using.

the police said drug addicts get automatic amnesty from prosecution if they come forward and agree to be rehabilitated.

Never knew that

The cops said that after they found out about the picture. They asked him to come in and make a statement and if he decides to get clean they won't press charges. And it totally makes sense, too. Why punish someone who's willing to get clean for wanting to get clean?

sms--Thanks for the heads-up dude. I'm being released from celebrity rehab on July 3rd and my GF has just got some primo seats (NOT free) for Sek's return to the big mango. I hope he's as drug-free as I hope to be.

Get it on--bang a gong--get it on...

the police said drug addicts get automatic amnesty from prosecution if they come forward and agree to be rehabilitated.

Never knew that

All the convicted druggies locked in Thai prisons, (that are burting at the seams) ---then how is it they all do not want to be REHABILITATED.

Most of the offenders are rural villagers, not knowing when they are due to be released..... or is it money persons that can be rehabilitated ???? just wondering --as everyone would ask to be rehab.

Edited by ginjag