Shots fired At Pattaya Police Checkpoint

Rimmer

2 Men Shoot Pliceman At Police Checkpoint In Pattaya

PATTAYA:--2 men that were on a car broke through a police check point and shot down police men. But the 2 men were arrested after police were able to successfully chase them down.

PATTAYA – June 25, 2013 [PDN]; At 10.00 PM, As Police Captain Noppadon Raksawong of Pattaya City police station was having a routine police checkpoint in South Pattaya, police saw a Toyota Vios car looked customized and tuned approaching the checkpoint.

As the two men saw the police checkpoint, they stopped car and reversed the other way. But the police were suspicious with their behavior, making the police officers that were stationed at the checkpoint chase them down. Police officers around the area were notified via radio that they should stop the Toyota Vios car that escaped the police checkpoint. The driver of Toyota car then opened his window and shot a few times at the police in hopes to stop the police, but he failed to do so. As the chase dragged on, he damaged 4 cars that were in his way.

As the incident became more and more chaotic, voluntary police officers tried to charge the car, but they were fatally injured after the suspects drove into them.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/06/26/2-men-shoot-pliceman-at-police-checkpoint-in-pattaya/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-06-26

"As the incident became more and more chaotic, voluntary police officers tried to charge the car, but they were fatally injured after the suspects drove into them."

So how many were killed - maybe because they were only volunteers they were not very important.

"As the incident became more and more chaotic, voluntary police officers tried to charge the car, but they were fatally injured after the suspects drove into them."

So how many were killed - maybe because they were only volunteers they were not very important.

Given the Pattaya Daily Mail's limited skill in the use of English, I'm hoping they don't understand the meaning of "fatally injured." They also said that police were "shot down," which doesn't seem to fit in with the comment that they were injured when the car "drove into them." I think.

It's sort of hard to imagine this article being handed to an editor who signed off on it (possibly shouting "stop the presses!" ).

Edited by Suradit69

The article remains very unclear on several points, including the number of officer fatalities, if any, but the main story seems clear, except the reason why the two criminals wanted to avoid the police at all costs including shooting (how stupid must one be to hope evade the police in downtown Pattaya by shooting at them) in the first place?

If a Farang wrote the report, he should go back to school.

Exactly why I was reluctant to post the article preferring to wait for a more comprehensible version to appear, but to date I regret it has not sad.png

Oh my........

Yes very unclear report. I don't get if the police that were shot were injured or shot dead (Fatality)?

If anyone was killed the RIP to them and if injured then a speedy recovery to them all.

What's a Pliceman as referred to in the headline ?

Policeman, yes?

Looks like the article was written in great haste, close to deadline?

Lets hope Pattaya Mail report about this incident, they seems the best of all the local news papers.

You would hope that at least the driver would be charged on 1 count of discharging a firearm illegally, 1 count of attempted murder, re firing at police and 2 counts of murder, killing the 2 volunteer Police. I would imagine there would be a multitude of other charges as well.