'Jealous' Thai man confesses to murder

webfact

'Jealous' Saraburi Man Confessed To Murder

SARABURI: -- A man told police he emptied 3 handgun magazines shooting at his victim in Saraburi province because the victim slept with his wife.

The murder took place in front of a condominium in the town center. When police arrived at the scene, they found the body of Mr. Surapol Sukkasem, 38, a resident of Autthaya province, in the front seat of his car. He was said to be a son of a businessman in that province.

Later, Mr. Chirawat Kuanliang, 37, a resident of Saraburi, surrendered himself to the police and said he shot Mr. Surapol to death because he had been sleeping with his wife.

Mr. Chirawat told police he and his wife had 2 children together, and Mr. Surapol has been a good friend of his. However, he said, he found out that Mr. Surapol has been bringing his wife to sleep with him at that condominium, which enormously enraged him.

According to Mr. Chirawat, as soon as he saw Mr. Surapol he raced to the car, opened the car door, and shot Mr. Surapol at point-blank range. He also sprayed bullets on the car windshields and the car doors. He reportedly spent 3 magazines of his handgun in the murder.

The suspect told police he felt compelled to committing the crime out of "true man′s honor".

"True man can be killed but he cannot be insulted," Mr. Chirawat told police, citing a well-known Thai proverb.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM01qUXlNamsxTXc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-06-29

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be honest. If you're going to invite someone else to come and dip into the somtam, then please, please let the cook know. Because a serving for two isn't meant for three ... someone could.get shot ...

Edited by hookedondhamma
  • Like 1

"Sleep with any man's wife (esp knowingly), and you should essentially prepare for extraordinary violence."

Not from me.

The Thai culture must have penetrated you...

Ah, yes. It is a uniquely Thai characteristic. You got me. Cheers

• Like 1

"Sleep with any man's wife (esp knowingly), and you should essentially prepare for extraordinary violence."

Not from me.

Agree, just throw the worthless piece of female trash out the door, they deserve each other. If she is screwing around on you then she will probably screw around on him.

• Like 2

3 magazines it appears the guy was a perfectionist.

"A True man can be killed but he cannot be insulted"

I guess this is why life seems so cheap in Thailand, it is more respectful to kill someone than insult them and make them lose face.

Yes, that's a pretty sad indictment for Thailand, isn't it, but rather chilling to think how close to the truth you are...!

The wife made herself available so why shooting the man?

Regardless, murder is not a reasonable response , but the above poster does make a good point...

The man did not make any vows or promises to the husband... It seems that the one committing adultery in this case was the wife not the other man...

So it seems that his anger may have been misplaced

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Khun McMurray

Your handle suggest,that you are from Christian world?not Thai?

We were given - milleniums ago - on 2 tablets,in 10 points - prescription for proper moral conduct.

And there are 2 points about somebodys wife - out of 10 - 2 commandments,what do they say?

• Like 1

The wife made herself available so why shooting the man?

Yes unlike all those matcho men here saying they would do the same I would look at myself that I could not even satisfy my wife. Also she is to blame not the guy she made herself available.

I would not do a friends wife that is a difference but I have certainly done some guys wives even had one on the phone talking to him during sex. If you can't satisfy your wife or if she was in it for the money don't blame the guy blame yourself or the wive. I don't go looking for it but if it happens so what.

• Like 2

The woman may have been/still is his wife but she is/was not his property. If she cheated on him because he was a low life who mistreated her then he is a worthless piece of crud who couldn't face the fact his wife did the same. If she cheated on him even though he did the right thing by her then she is a dog of the female persuasion should have just walked away and kicked her onto the street, leaving those two to each other. Instead he kills his scummy friend and leaves his children with no father to help raise them. Of all his options this was the worst. He, like so many men the world over, let some stupid notion of "face" or "disrespect" over come logic. Yes I know emotion can overwhelm you and people act on the spur of the moment, but his moment allowed him time to pack three magazines as well as his gun. A man is dead, another in prison, two children have effectively lost their father and a woman no doubt has to go through life with the thought that her actions were partly responsible. All because of face. Stupid.

"a woman no doubt has to go through life with the thought, that her actions were partly responsible"

You have a lot to learn about Thai women!giggle.gif

Next week she will be working in a massage shop near you, telling her farang customer "Thai man, no good" all whilst she is "flying his kite"! rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Not from me.

Ah, yes. It is a uniquely Thai characteristic. You got me. Cheers

What is Thai about this? I've been shot at by a mad Englishman after the girlfriend he had belted came to my place for the night in rural Australia. It was a rifle, he missed and there was only one shot, however you get the point.

The christians have two commandmants, or otherwise two bits of bloody good advice from someone that's supposed to know.

Thou shalt not covet another man's wife. Thou shalt not kill. They cover this.

• Like 1

The woman may have been/still is his wife but she is/was not his property. If she cheated on him because he was a low life who mistreated her then he is a worthless piece of crud who couldn't face the fact his wife did the same. If she cheated on him even though he did the right thing by her then she is a dog of the female persuasion should have just walked away and kicked her onto the street, leaving those two to each other. Instead he kills his scummy friend and leaves his children with no father to help raise them. Of all his options this was the worst. He, like so many men the world over, let some stupid notion of "face" or "disrespect" over come logic. Yes I know emotion can overwhelm you and people act on the spur of the moment, but his moment allowed him time to pack three magazines as well as his gun. A man is dead, another in prison, two children have effectively lost their father and a woman no doubt has to go through life with the thought that her actions were partly responsible. All because of face. Stupid.

"a woman no doubt has to go through life with the thought, that her actions were partly responsible"

You have a lot to learn about Thai women!giggle.gif

Next week she will be working in a massage shop near you, telling her farang customer "Thai man, no good" all whilst she is "flying his kite"! rolleyes.gif

Maybe she will, maybe not. I don't know all Thai women but I do know, through work and friends, that not all women are so inclined as you indicate.

"True man can be killed but he cannot be insulted," Mr. Chirawat told police, citing a well-known Thai proverb.

Oh please, they even have proverbs about how delicate and immature their egos are. :(

The woman may have been/still is his wife but she is/was not his property. If she cheated on him because he was a low life who mistreated her then he is a worthless piece of crud who couldn't face the fact his wife did the same. If she cheated on him even though he did the right thing by her then she is a dog of the female persuasion and he should have just walked away and kicked her onto the street, leaving those two to each other. Instead he kills his scummy friend and leaves his children with no father to help raise them. Of all his options this was the worst. He, like so many men the world over, let some stupid notion of "face" or "disrespect" over come logic. Yes I know emotion can overwhelm you and people act on the spur of the moment, but his moment allowed him time to pack three magazines as well as his gun. A man is dead, another in prison, two children have effectively lost their father and a woman no doubt has to go through life with the thought that her actions were partly responsible. All because of face. Stupid.

Yes, the thoughts of a rational man. I have not been in the situation, that I know of.

I am unsure of how I would react. His response was bred into him, I hope he can afford bail.

The children are the real victims here and probably forced to live with their mother and eventually knowing the truth.