Why are TV members so anti Hi-So Thais?

Bcgardener

I haven't read all the posts however ..... In my opinion it is the Hi So's that keep this country in the third world. Anything that they do and any laws that they allow to be passed are for their benefit only. As someone pointed out yes, exactly as the UK and Europe was in the 1800's but not any more. Just look at the school curriculum that is forced on the masses and you will see why Thailand is where it is in the world order, bet they don't send their kids to local schools though. Money to money....... No jealousy as I make a good wage and have no dealings with them, just watch the faces after the main news of an evening.

Who are "they"? People in power?

Most people who are described as Hi-So are not people with power, but people with Louis Vuitton bags.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read all the posts however ..... In my opinion it is the Hi So's that keep this country in the third world. Anything that they do and any laws that they allow to be passed are for their benefit only. As someone pointed out yes, exactly as the UK and Europe was in the 1800's but not any more. Just look at the school curriculum that is forced on the masses and you will see why Thailand is where it is in the world order, bet they don't send their kids to local schools though. Money to money....... No jealousy as I make a good wage and have no dealings with them, just watch the faces after the main news of an evening.

Most people who are described as Hi-So are not people with power, but people with Louis Vuitton bags.

And as long as you think that they will continue. To me the Hi So's are the self appointed Thai Aristocracy . How do you commit crimes without worrying about the law unless you know you are above it, anyone for street racing around BKK? Edited by RabC

And as long as you think that they will continue. To me the Hi So's are the self appointed Thai Aristocracy . How do you commit crimes without worrying about the law unless you know you are above it, anyone for street racing around BKK?

Self-appointed aristocrats? I think know what you mean... people with power/ influence without any regard to the wider society.

• Like 2

I dont think ive come across any of these fabled "hi-so" thais. Certainly never seen or spoken to anyone whereby afterwards I was blown away by their class or felt necessary to mention it on a forum.

Isnt there a set of rich folks wherever we all call home?

they are anti hi-so Thais because the hi-so Thais have more money than them and are living the dream they cannot afford, even being westerners...

I really wish I could swear on here rather than just saying rubbish.

I doubt anyone posting on Thai Visa has ever met or talked with a hi-so person.

Most posters here seem to be confused by greedy money grubbing peasants.

Most hi-sos wouldn't even talk to a white foreigner.

The idea any obese romance travellers could mix with them is just laughable.

Guess that's the beauty of the Internet, you can purport to be whomever you want to be..

But then you run the risk of being outted by astitute TV members such as theblether

wink.png

asitiute?

Christ... That was a howler wasn't it...

As the French say "c'est la vie" :P

I doubt anyone posting on Thai Visa has ever met or talked with a hi-so person.

Most posters here seem to be confused by greedy money grubbing peasants.

Most hi-sos wouldn't even talk to a white foreigner.

The idea any obese romance travellers could mix with them is just laughable.

Preposterous!

Edited by bonobo
removed bolding
  • Like 1

This thread is hilarious.

If Thai "HiSo" are such incredibly great, honest, generous, hard working, moral individuals ....

--why is the division of wealth in Thailand the way it is?

--why is there no freedom of speech?

--why is there no common rule of law?

--the list goes on and on.

Reality check: Just because you got a chance to talk to someone at a cocktail party does not mean that you know the real person or what they are about in real life and in business in real life.

Reality check #2: Farang in Thailand are obsessed with identity. Many dropped out or were rejected by their own country. They have all sorts of issues and are constantly trying to one up each other. This thread is just a way to tell everyone that you know "HiSo people" and that you are much more wordly and a better farang then all of those who haven't.

I think Thai Visa averages about a thread a day in this topic of "Why aren't all the other farangs as smart as I am??? ///Confused and innocent, yet polite face////"

• Like 1

I knew a Thai girl years back and her family were all senior judges in Bangkok. They loved to joke and ask all kinds of questions about living in Canada and were in no way hi so or fake.Its the girls making the 20,000 baht a month as a fashion model that are so over the top and acting like a celebrity when in reality they will be a nobody in 5 years time.

Thai senior judges are the most honest, moral, enlightened, articulate, educated, democratic, caring, intelligent, amazing, generous, subtle, simple, joking, stupendous individuals in Thailand.

cheesy.gif

Edited by farang000999

I knew a Thai girl years back and her family were all senior judges in Bangkok. They loved to joke and ask all kinds of questions about living in Canada and were in no way hi so or fake.Its the girls making the 20,000 baht a month as a fashion model that are so over the top and acting like a celebrity when in reality they will be a nobody in 5 years time.

Thai senior judges are the most honest, moral, enlightened, articulate, educated, democratic, caring, intelligent, amazing, generous, subtle, simple, joking, stupendous individuals in Thailand.

cheesy.gif

Have you met a Thai judge?

If Thai "HiSo" are such incredibly great, honest, generous, hard working, moral individuals ....

Reality check: Just because you got a chance to talk to someone at a cocktail party does not mean that you know the real person or what they are about in real life and in business in real life.

Reality check #2: Farang in Thailand are obsessed with identity. Many dropped out or were rejected by their own country. They have all sorts of issues and are constantly trying to one up each other. This thread is just a way to tell everyone that you know "HiSo people" and that you are much more wordly and a better farang then all of those who haven't.

I think Thai Visa averages about a thread a day in this topic of "Why aren't all the other farangs as smart as I am??? ///Confused and innocent, yet polite face////"

Can you point me in the direction of any farang that has been rejected by their own country?

Is there a special "rejected" stamp in their passport?

Can you point me in the direction of any farang that has been rejected by their own country?

I never applied for dual citizenship in time. Does that count?

I never applied for dual citizenship in time. Does that count?

Donno.......I'll maybe don a safari suit tomorrow and go looking for this rare species. This thread has been an education, "rejected farangs^ and people who are " unworthy " to be on a golf course. ( or was that another thread, I'm getting confused ).

Yup, an education. smile.png

Edited by theblether

i'm anti hi-so thai because they prevent working class thais from improving their lives, just like any where else in the world. I think hi-so thais understand that their status of power can only be maintained if the working classes are subdued. In a fully functioning democracy the "reds" in whatever reincarnation they call themselves (Pheu thai, PPP, thai rak thai party etc) would be forever in power.

cheesy.gif

Have you met a Thai judge?

I have seen the way they rule. I think that is a better reflection of their true character as opposed to the way they smiled at you at a cocktail party and seemed down to the earth. whistling.gif

i'm anti hi-so thai because they prevent working class thais from improving their lives, just like any where else in the world. I think hi-so thais understand that their status of power can only be maintained if the working classes are subdued. In a fully functioning democracy the "reds" in whatever reincarnation they call themselves (Pheu thai, PPP, thai rak thai party etc) would be forever in power.

Do you actually think that would help? How do you think Thailand would look after 20 years of Chalerm and the rest in full control?

The people who dislike the Thai who are wealthy also dislike everyone else who is wealthy judging from other posts, some quite recent, so I think it's really just a dislike for wealthy people in general not that wealthy Thai people are disliked by them more than wealthy American Bankers would be.

So you haven't met one.

I've met a few judges in my time but it usually involves me standing in front of them. coffee1.gif

I was sitting in a witness box. Almost like Him... makes you feel being on a level, except he had a hammer and I didn't... which actually saved my life.cheesy.gif

Do you actually think that would help? How do you think Thailand would look after 20 years of Chalerm and the rest in full control?

sure it would help if the people in government represented the people, and whose policies reflect what the people want. At any rate democracy is only concerned with acting out the will of the people, what the country will look like in the future is irrelevant.

sure it would help if the people in government represented the people, and whose policies reflect what the people want. At any rate democracy is only concerned with acting out the will of the people, what the country will look like in the future is irrelevant.

So if the people want a guaranteed 5,000 baht a day income then the government should just give them it because that's the will of the people?

Do you understand democracy? Do you understand why it can't work?

So if the people want a guaranteed 5,000 baht a day income then the government should just give them it because that's the will of the people?

Do you understand democracy? Do you understand why it can't work?

you miss the point.....sure a 5k baht income for everyone wouldnt work. Nevertheless if that policy appealed to the electorate and thats what they vote for, then thats exactly the government they will get.