Where can we find workers for coffee shop here in Pattaya?

stockholm1995

hi..couldn't be bothered reading all replies..have you tried any catering or bakery students ?

maybe the wife could chat to some students or teachers to see if any would like some work while still training..

just a thought..

good luck..

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some. More details would be helpful , location? , working hours?, starting salary then maybe someone could help you.

Working hours: 16:00-00:00

Starting salary: 300 baht/day ( for rookies )

Out of curiosity what are your business hours?

09:00-02:00 (night)

We all know Pattaya's reputation as a party town and some people sleep late and businesses tend to open later here, but coffee drinkers need their morning caffeine fix early in the day. I believe a coffee shop business opening early, serving really good coffee with a pastry or a bagel or an egg/cheese/bacon muffin sandwich could be successful. My home town Starbucks in California opened at 0530; do people really buy coffee and pastries at 1 o'clock in the morning?

With the work ethic of some Thais and the relative unemployment rate being so low in Thailand, you may consider bringing in some Filipinas to meet the need. More than enough pinays that would jump at the chance and you could likely pull college graduates that would jump at the chance. Just saying.

If you keep having problems, perhaps you could find a way to bring in some Cambodians? If you went to Phnom Penh and looked around. I bet you would easily find some young people who can speak excellent English. The waiters I spoke to in coffee shops when I was in Phnom Penh a couple of weeks ago were earning no more than $80-$100 per month. One who was more experienced and older was earning $200.

And then put aside few hundred thousand of baht to pay off immigration with every arrest

I never suggested to do it illegally. if a business proprietor can prove the staff were unavailable or unwilling to work there must be a chance? Just look at how many construction sites are full of Cambodian workers.

Read this thread

Hiring Foreign Workers?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/436859-hiring-foreign-workers/

Edited by Asiantravel

With the work ethic of some Thais and the relative unemployment rate being so low in Thailand, you may consider bringing in some Filipinas to meet the need. More than enough pinays that would jump at the chance and you could likely pull college graduates that would jump at the chance. Just saying.

If you keep having problems, perhaps you could find a way to bring in some Cambodians? If you went to Phnom Penh and looked around. I bet you would easily find some young people who can speak excellent English. The waiters I spoke to in coffee shops when I was in Phnom Penh a couple of weeks ago were earning no more than $80-$100 per month. One who was more experienced and older was earning $200.

And then put aside few hundred thousand of baht to pay off immigration with every arrest

I never suggested to do it illegally. if a business proprietor can prove the staff were unavailable or unwilling to work there must be a chance? Just look at how many construction sites are full of Cambodian workers.

Read this thread

Hiring Foreign Workers?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/436859-hiring-foreign-workers/

Yeah, and then look how many get raided, arrested extorted and/or deported, then also look at how many make monthly payments NOT to be raided. And rest assured payments are not in single digits either.

There is no legal way to prove that lazy Thai staff are unfit to work in coffee shop and too lazy to show up to work, good luck explaining that to immigration

We all know Pattaya's reputation as a party town and some people sleep late and businesses tend to open later here, but coffee drinkers need their morning caffeine fix early in the day. I believe a coffee shop business opening early, serving really good coffee with a pastry or a bagel or an egg/cheese/bacon muffin sandwich could be successful. My home town Starbucks in California opened at 0530; do people really buy coffee and pastries at 1 o'clock in the morning?

Thai's love 10 baht street coffee, foreigners in Pattaya do not get out of bed at 7 am to have a coffee, not to mention a huge number of hotels have cafe's internally.

Thai's love 10 baht street coffee, foreigners in Pattaya do not get out of bed at 7 am to have a coffee, not to mention a huge number of hotels have cafe's internally.

True that, Iam out of bed by 5.30am and in the car by 7.00am heading to work............... would be awesome to have a joint that sold decent coffee and an egg and Bacon sandwich at that time.

... and please do not allow the employee to use his/her cell phone while customers are present. Using your cell phone while working IS NOT a perk.

Ever tried taking food out of tigers mouth?. They will spit the biggest dummy if you do. smile.png

True that, Iam out of bed by 5.30am and in the car by 7.00am heading to work............... would be awesome to have a joint that sold decent coffee and an egg and Bacon sandwich at that time.

You are not alone. I think there is an untapped market for a business like this, not the junk they sell at a 7-11 but a place that caters to expat tastes. All my friends are up and about long before 0700.

Piñays in Thailand are under some illusion they are worth double the Thai and want 15000 per month just to be maids,

And just because they speak English it does not automatically makes them good staff.

Citi bank Australia has customer service in Manila , I have been in court with them for over 6 years already and stupidity keeps on coming daily

au bon pain at bangkok pattaya hospital does exactly that

bacon and egg bagel and coffee breakfast set

Macca's do a bacon and egg muffin with coffee........... it rates about the same as au bon.

Edited by Spoonman

Macca's do a bacon and egg muffin with coffee........... it rates about the same as au bon.

I believe the McDonald's on Sukumvit is 24/7, can't say I like their coffee but the concept is one that Stockholm should consider. Open much earlier with free wifi and also close much earlier; pastries in that neighborhood at 1 o'clock in the morning?

Pay decent wage as said and get decent workers.Pay crap and receive the same.Ask in Starbucks. Pay someone more than they get and headhunter them. They'll be fully trained, be able to speak English, make coffee and do everything but make sure you pay them enough and treat them well. If so they'll stay. If you pay them a little more but work them like a dog they'll be back at Starbuck the next day.

Staff at Starbucks speak English ??? That's at first

You do know they are on a minimum wAge right?

They also have 5 people doing the job of 2, not exactly a role model

I do not know what Starbucks you go to , but the two I have been to in Pattaya (Central and the one near Tuk Com) have excellent workers who are well trained (with people skills) and speak English. I have never asked them how much they make but I would bet that they get more than the minimum wage.

I never see them on their cell phones, looking at their zits in the mirror, or ignoring customers...

Pay decent wage as said and get decent workers.Pay crap and receive the same.Ask in Starbucks. Pay someone more than they get and headhunter them. They'll be fully trained, be able to speak English, make coffee and do everything but make sure you pay them enough and treat them well. If so they'll stay. If you pay them a little more but work them like a dog they'll be back at Starbuck the next day.

I do not know what Starbucks you go to , but the two I have been to in Pattaya (Central and the one near Tuk Com) have excellent workers who are well trained (with people skills) and speak English. I have never asked them how much they make but I would bet that they get more than the minimum wage.

I never see them on their cell phones, looking at their zits in the mirror, or ignoring customers...

So what conversations did you have with them? you mean you ordered coffee and they made it? Because according to you they well trained and hence would not be involved in conversations with 1 customer while making all others wait.

People skills? you mean they said welcome to starbucks what would you like, instead of what you want?

You never seen them on cell phones, so you spent entire day in the shop watching the staff?

You assume they get more than the minimum and i assumed everyone with uni degree would speak English, so no point trying to prove your point without knowing the facts.

• Like 1

So what conversations did you have with them? you mean you ordered coffee and they made it? Because according to you they well trained and hence would not be involved in conversations with 1 customer while making all others wait.

People skills? you mean they said welcome to starbucks what would you like, instead of what you want?

You never seen them on cell phones, so you spent entire day in the shop watching the staff?

You assume they get more than the minimum and i assumed everyone with uni degree would speak English, so no point trying to prove your point without knowing the facts.

A Thai friend applied for a Starbucks barista job in Bangkok. The starting wage was 12,500 baht/month. Yes, I know this is not Bangkok. He was not accepted as he was given an informal English test by the interviewer. If a business wants wants foreigners for clientele having friendly staff that can communicate can make or break a business.

A Thai friend applied for a Starbucks barista job in Bangkok. The starting wage was 12,500 baht/month. Yes, I know this is not Bangkok. He was not accepted as he was given an informal English test by the interviewer. If a business wants wants foreigners for clientele having friendly staff that can communicate can make or break a business.

Barista and service are not the same jobs and paythumbsup.gif

Barista and service are not the same jobs and pay:thumbsup:

A barista is a glorified name for counter help that Starbucks gives there entry level job. It is an American company so everybody cross trains on job duties. They take orders, make coffee, cashier, bring orders to the table, clean tables, use the broom and mop. You are hired for being friendly and customer oriented.

• Like 1

Barista and service are not the same jobs and pay:thumbsup:

A barista is a glorified name for counter help that Starbucks gives there entry level job. It is an American company so everybody cross trains on job duties. They take orders, make coffee, cashier, bring orders to the table, clean tables, use the broom and mop. You are hired for being friendly and customer oriented.

A barista is a person trained to operate the machine making coffee, a cashier is a person who takes money and gives change. NOT 1 company in Thailand hires nor trains multi skilled or tasking people, hence the reason for 5 people working in a tiny shop. Each one is assigned basic operation and trained on it

Person making coffee never handles the register and never wipes the tables, just as person cleaning the tables never makes coffee.

If you have worked or lived in Thailand long enough you should have seen and realized it by now

A barista is a person trained to operate the machine making coffee, a cashier is a person who takes money and gives change. NOT 1 company in Thailand hires nor trains multi skilled or tasking people, hence the reason for 5 people working in a tiny shop. Each one is assigned basic operation and trained on it

Person making coffee never handles the register and never wipes the tables, just as person cleaning the tables never makes coffee.

If you have worked or lived in Thailand long enough you should have seen and realized it by now

Not 1 single company you say............... seems to me you need to get out more.

Or are you specifically talking about places that sell coffee ?

Edited by Spoonman

Not 1 single company you say............... seems to me you need to get out more.

Please feel free to name company's who have multi skilled staff doing multiple jobs

Please feel free to name company's who have multi skilled staff doing multiple jobs

Is this even a serious question? If it is, then you obviously have never been to a Starbucks. Here are a few more: Bake & Brew, Benjamit, and Pitini.

Reading through your posts, it sounds as though you are incapable of properly training your own staff. You might want to start with yourself.

Edited by kicking

Well the one I work for for starters so that already suggests you are clueless........... would you like other examples..... retail or manufacturing ?

Edited by Spoonman

Is this even a serious question? If it is, then you obviously have never been to a Starbucks. Here are a few more: Bake & Brew, Benjamit, and Pitini.

It sounds as though you are incapable of properly training your staff. You might want to start with yourself.

Pitnini in Pattaya???? you joking right? do some Google searching and see the reviewscheesy.gif

I am sure you can do a better job, naturally behind the keyboard rolleyes.gif

Well the one I work for for starters so that already suggests you are clueless........... would you like other examples..... retail of manufacturing ?

Yeah i would and preferably ones where staff can be seen, not where you work and no one knowsthumbsup.gif

Lets look at most common once, since i do not go for strolls in factories.

Big C, can a tv sales man operate cash register and stack food shelves?

Or does cashier assist customers with sizes of shoes?

Tesco, Powerbuy, Homepro, Makro, McDonalds, Pizza, Hotels, Tops,

Edited by lemoncake

Ok Lemoncake, you want retail.

When I upgraded the wheels on my Pickup the salesperson whom I initially dealt with was the person (due to the place being very busy) ended up lifting my pickup to remove old wheels, fitted my new tyres to my new rims, balanced them then put back on my pickup then proceeded to do my wheel alignment.

After he came back from a test drive to ensure all was OK he then processed my credit card through the swipe machine then finalised my purchase on the computer/till then handed me my receipt along with a V.I.P card that had my name/telephone number and vehicle make/model and rego plate written in clear and concise English.

Edited by Rimmer
Giant picture removed

The topic is about

Where can we find workers for coffee shop here in Pattaya?

Not about Pick Up Trucks, Tesco, Powerbuy, Homepro, Makro, McDonalds, Hotels and Tops.

• Like 2

Ok Lemoncake, you want retail.

When I upgraded the wheels on my Pickup the salesperson whom I initially dealt with was the person (due to the place being very busy) ended up lifting my pickup to remove old wheels, fitted my new tyres to my new rims, balanced them then put back on my pickup then proceeded to do my wheel alignment.

After he came back from a test drive to ensure all was OK he then processed my credit card through the swipe machine then finalised my purchase on the computer/till then handed me my receipt along with a V.I.P card that had my name/telephone number and vehicle make/model and rego plate written in clear and concise English.

And here you go, no doubt your story is not made up, but i was pretty clear to name company's known and where staff can be seen, this does not include your work or your possible made up or not made up experiences.

For all you know , they guy serving you was the owner, because rest assured , very very very few are shown how to charge credit card