The Ultimate Business Plan for Thailand.

Great idea!

Get decent models like the pic in the OP, a good marketing manager, a good operations manager and youre good to go!

There'd be a few thousand farangs who let themselves get ripped off already crying into their midday Chang when they see a farang owning his own house.

Tip though, brick up the underneath aroundnthe wheels. Otherwise the beer brand vest wearers will feel too much at home and double the queues.

all good stuff, but a shame the basic services like power, sewage, electric can not be done at the same time and take another ten years .. You will find the Thai version with real teak shacks and houses of this concept on the BKK Pattaya bypass ..

all good stuff, but a shame the basic services like power, sewage, electric can not be done at the same time and take another ten years .. You will find the Thai version with real teak shacks and houses of this concept on the BKK Pattaya bypass ..

And many other place in Thailand.

Unfortunately it isn't as easy to completely dismantle an already standing house as it is to hook one up to a truck and tow it away. :D

The Termites would have a field day with that shack!

I'd rather import this into Thailand and park up on a beach somewhere.

Total cost 25,000 baht + shipping and duty. 100,000 baht job done.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Piper-1100T-2-Berth-Caravan-/261237593294?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item3cd2f954ce

CCC

Because unless you're a Thai, you can't own the business. You'd get it up and running, put a bunch of money in it, and if it was successful it would be stolen from you.

Thailand is NO place to try to own something other than perhaps a vehicle and your laptop.

I will not invest money in a place where my visa is good for at most a year and I still have to report. I could be kicked out at any time. Everything in Thailand is stacked against the foreigner.

+1... You forgot to mention that

- Thais try to justify this attitude by " Thailand for Thais" mentality;

- Thai 'entrepreneurs' are usually locked in 'same-same' mentality;

- Most Thai businesses are "Foreign Name" (Thailand) type;

- Anything new is not needed as it is against 'Thai Culture';

cheesy.gif

One exclusion - Free Street Vendors - selling China made cheap shi*t

Edited by ABCer

OK ... my mind is set now.

I'm going to set up a Caravan/Trailer Park*

Should I start in Bangkok, Pattaya or Chiang Mai?

*Yes, I will sort the land tenure details ... biggrin.png

Why not all three city's?

I think we may be on to something, I believe there is a need for long term farang housing in Los.

This may well be the answer.

Indeed in Southern Spain there are dozens of Long stay caravan/trailer parks for the long term resident expat/retiree on a budget.

CCC

And after so many years still waiting for that book "how to become a millionaire/billionaire for dummies in Thailand" to be published .For sure there is money to be made from a book like that.Ahummmmmm.......

Instead i only get to read books about bargirl/farang relationships gone bad and the occasionel thriller about bargirl/ farang relationships gone bad tssss.......

Lucky for me i can find beter books on the net concerning Thailand.

Because unless you're a Thai, you can't own the business. You'd get it up and running, put a bunch of money in it, and if it was successful it would be stolen from you.

Thailand is NO place to try to own something other than perhaps a vehicle and your laptop.

I will not invest money in a place where my visa is good for at most a year and I still have to report. I could be kicked out at any time. Everything in Thailand is stacked against the foreigner.

a very wise comment

a very wise comment

Not so much.

But would the Thais accept it though. It would be too much like Farang 1 - Thai 0.

They'd probably burn it to the ground then stand around laughing as you return to smouldering ashes with a few sneaky som nam na's being emitted from the crowd. :rolleyes:

But would the Thais accept it though. It would be too much like Farang 1 - Thai 0.

They'd probably burn it to the ground then stand around laughing as you return to smouldering ashes with a few sneaky som nam na's being emitted from the crowd. rolleyes.gif

And that couldn't happen some other place? Caution should be used when doing business anywhere, including Thailand.

If this plan actually worked, and it started cutting into homes bought by farangs for bar girls, I could foresee some trouble for the owners of this business.I actually think it is a good idea, but would be tricky to pull off. I can see the scene now " But my darling, what do you mean you are taking our house off my land, and moving it to the land of another girl... "

There are 3 things a Farang can legally own in Thailand.

- His underwear.

- His motorbike or car (with the right documentation) OR: The pre-fab-home in his name OR a lavishly equipped Houseboat on the river-kwai (for example). In his name. For less than 100'000 Bht.

It may well be, that such alternatives find very little liking among future Thai-Wifes, having already planned for a Farang-Future in Nakhon somewhere.

Cheers.

I think it's brilliant, though I'd definitely want insurance. I wonder how the government would react. Likely there would be some special taxes levied.

It would create a sizable market for renting small parcels of land, so that would be a boon felt locally. The worst case scenario from this is that, in the future, we'd see a lot more headlines mentioning arson.

Would the business be more stable and accepted if a well connected Thai operated it?

• Like 1

There are approximately 8 MILLION mobile homes in the usa. The big attraction is their low cost and the idea that you can lease a piece of property rather than have to buy it. One big negative is that most banks are reluctant to loan against them. They also can be very susceptible to damage from strong winds etc. There can also be zoning concerns in many areas as a lot of people don't want mobiles in their neighborhoods as overall the occupants tend to be of lower income class.

Having said all that the mobile homes of America do allow a lot of people to own their own home who otherwise would never be able to afford to buy a piece of land with a stick built house. Many of the mobiles sold in America can be amazingly spacious and comfortable as they now can hook two together to make a double wide.

There are 3 things a Farang can legally own in Thailand.

- His underwear.

- His motorbike or car (with the right documentation) OR: The pre-fab-home in his name OR a lavishly equipped Houseboat on the river-kwai (for example). In his name. For less than 100'000 Bht.

It may well be, that such alternatives find very little liking among future Thai-Wifes, having already planned for a Farang-Future in Nakhon somewhere.

Cheers.

Actually farang can own everything in Thailand, house and land included.

The house is easier if being built from scratch as it has to be a separate legal entity to the land, this is easier done in the planning stage than when built. But not overly difficult to do. The house will 100% owned by the foreigner.

To own land is slightly more tricky.... It can only be one rai and you have to invest 40,000,000 baht. Which probably puts most people off.