over loaded pickup trucks

crocken

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A lot of the strange things on the road are a result of the hand to mouth mindset of a large portion of the population. Among my work crews' trucks and motorcycles, I think 1/4 of a tank is the equivalent of a full tank. If the fuel warning light comes on it means they need to avoid hills and most certainly need to take a shortcut on the wrong side of the road if possible. And that U-turn a few hundred meters down the road (as opposed to cutting across 4-8 lanes of traffic)? ... that's a luxury for the "rich" people.

smile.png

• Like 2

Somewhere in the Chiang Mai/Chang Rai area.

attachicon.gifLR DSCF5615.JPG . attachicon.gifLR DSCF5617.JPG

PS ... I like the safety aware red flag on the back of the load as a warning signal ... whistling.gif

David, believe it or not I've actually SEEN that truck, or at least somebody with a load of wheelbarrows. But I saw it reversing backwards up an off-ramp because the overpass was labelled at 5.15M. Probably halfway between Lamchabang and the airport.

I've told many of my friends about it and it was my best story up until I saw two horses two months ago on the back of a Vigo in Jomtien - no frame around the cargo area and the horses were bracing themselves for the bumps and turns like seasoned veterans.

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 2