Top 3 little known but amazing attractions of Thailand!

I've lived in thailand for a year now and have done most of the well known attractions. I want to explore other attractions... the ones that are less well known.

Can you list your top 3?

Mine are:

1. Siriraj medical museum

2. 4D cinema at Siam Paragon

3. A bar by a beautiful lake on pracha rabamphen rd

:)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ chrissbacke,really you think the Swiss sheep farm is an attraction?I live very close to there and can not understand why anyone would want to go there.I know it is full of Bangkodians in the weekend but what is there to see?

Three sheep and a few bails of hay!

• Like 2

@ chrissbacke,really you think the Swiss sheep farm is an attraction?I live very close to there and can not understand why anyone would want to go there.I know it is full of Bangkodians in the weekend but what is there to see?

Three sheep and a few bails of hay!

+1

• Like 2

1. Tamnanpar (classic forest) restaurant on the outskirts of Ban Phe Rayong.

2. Anywhere on Mae Rum Pheung Beach Ban Phe, 12km of empty beach except on weekends and public holidays. (Thai prices for food and beer)

3. Laem Mae Phim Beach, Rayong. Nicer and longer than no2 and even emptier plus the Swedish capital of Thailand ( or so it seems). Just 35kms further east than Ban Phe.

Sorry for the Rayong bias but live here and only been to Ayutthaya, Bangkok, Pattaya & Saraburi but was surprised about Ayutthaya as it just looks like a lot of red brick chimneys from the potteries in the UK Midlands lol.

Edited by sandrabbit

1. The village of Bang Beut on the southern east coast

2. Ao Kanom which is south of Surat Thani

3. Chiang Khan 10 years ago. Now over run with Bangkokians.

What's Special about Bang Beut and where is that ?

Thanks

What's Special about Bang Beut and where is that ?

Thanks

It's a small village on a beautiful bay south of Lang Suan. There's a couple small resorts that have great seafood and both times I've been there I didn't see any other tourists.

well I haven't been to a lot of Thailand, but so far this is what I have:

1. Phraya Nakhon Cave at the Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park, Prachuap Kiri Khan

2. The secluded Hat Sai Noi or the Suanson Pradipat (Sea Pine Garden) in Hua Hin. The latter has the longest shoreline in Hua Hin about 6-7km, it's pretty popular among Thais

3. Erawan Falls, Kanchanaburi

I'm not sure though how "little" they are known, maybe on a tourist perspective they are. I'm assuming most people who would visit Thailand for the first time would just zone in on Bangkok or Phuket.

• Like 1

Phu Min temple in Nan (the walls are covered in those exquisite wall paintings, incl. the famous one of a man in a bowler hat seducing a girl, is located). Surrounding area is highly protected and conserved with no street stalls. Nearby is a famous Thai dessert restaurant in an old wooden Thai house and at weekends a delightful night market.

Could you please provide the Thai script for #1? Google doesn't recognize Bang Beut.

No offense intended but I would like to ask a simple 21st century question: Why list great places to go without providing their GPS coordinates so people can readily locate them?

Search the names on Google Maps. It ain't that difficult.

No offense intended but I would like to ask a simple 21st century question: Why list great places to go without providing their GPS coordinates so people can readily locate them?

Search the names on Google Maps. It ain't that difficult.

That's my point; it ain't that difficult so why not just provide them?

• Like 1

I would like to ask a personal question why not post a map so people with out a GPS can find these places?

That way all could see where they are.

• Like 2

Siam Niramit show in BKK (great performance of Dance and traditional Thai music, they even have a nice ancient village to enjoy before the show.

The little city (not sure of the Thai name). It is about an hour outside of BKK, it is a small park that you can ride a bicycle around and see exact replicas of ancient Thai buildings. See all of Thai culture and History in an hour.

I do wish that there was a decent museum in this country. Historical, Science, Art. I have been to everything that I can but nothing would score higher than mediocre.

Being a nature lover, I like every waterfall that I have been to and every natural cave. I am pretty easy to please when it comes to nature.

I've lived in thailand for a year now and have done most of the well known attractions.

Can you list your top 3?

Mine are:

1. Siriraj medical museum

2. 4D cinema at Siam Paragon

3. A bar by a beautiful lake on pracha rabamphen rd

Nice idea which is generating some interesting suggestions. However, I couldn't help but immediately notice that all of yours were well... in Bangkok!!!

May I ask what would be your top 3 outside of Bangkok?

The little city (not sure of the Thai name). It is about an hour outside of BKK, it is a small park that you can ride a bicycle around and see exact replicas of ancient Thai buildings. See all of Thai culture and History in an hour.

Seems like you mean Ancient City in Bangpoo, Samut Prakhan? North side of Suk rd?

Not sure I'd agree with the last sentence but I do understand your intention.

• Like 1