Corner Bar Rawai RIP

RawaiPlaBoyz

Seems rthe Corner Bar in Rawai is shut. They moved out all the staff goods and lots of things like kitchen bits etc. The saga was this.. Leased by CC Jimmy and ran into no profit. Taken over by Gan and she built the thing up well. CC Jimmy then offered her a totally <deleted> lease renewal so she declined and move down the road and is a tortal success. She has the only real busy bar on Rawai most afternoon and nights. No news on Corner even from the owner of Asia Bar even though they own the adjoining three shop houses. Jasamine does well but its a bit of a 7/11 for Darlings. Don't get me wrong as I know lots of gents who visit there.

Monday Market is great... I'll be there!

the girls in asia bar said its been turned into a minimart

actually, i though after Gan took over it totally died but i don't go out late much, but the happy hour expat crowd just disappeared overnight then it changed hands.

The Corner Bar is still open, but, it's probably called something else now and with new people running it.

No KB the Corner bar is closed (again) and the talk around town is indeed that there will be a minimarkt coming.

@ the OP the "Stoned Crab" is very busy

actually, i though after Gan took over it totally died but i don't go out late much, but the happy hour expat crowd just disappeared overnight then it changed hands.

What a "Brilliant" place to open a mini mart.( I am taking the p-ss by the way)

Right on one of the busiest junctions in Rawai It's bad enough with the market and the taxi scum blocking off lanes and now a mini mart to add to the chaos.

Best just park an ambulance there save it the many journeys from Chalong.

It was busy when Kran and Keith(now have the White Hart) had it .

Don't know Gan

Right on one of the busiest junctions in Rawai It's bad enough with the market and the taxi scum blocking off lanes and now a mini mart to add to the chaos.

Don't know Gan

It's ok, nothing to worry about. The guy running the taxi stand there (he owns the Jazz, 323F and Peugeot) is also one of the guys involved in Rawai Rescue. So assistance is always at hand there.

The Corner Bar is still open, but, it's probably called something else now and with new people running it.

No KB the Corner bar is closed (again) and the talk around town is indeed that there will be a minimarkt coming.

@ the OP the "Stoned Crab" is very busy

Never been there, but am supposing this is because their target market is not specifically monger oriented?

Edited by jpeg

Don't know Gan

Tis Karn and Keith and Gan is her nic name

What was the attraction with corner bar? I don't get it.

It was just full of old men sitting in a circle talking amongst themselves, hardly welcoming.

It was a good people and unfortunately accident watching place.

Know what you mean about the knitting circle though.

It was just full of old men sitting in a circle talking amongst themselves, hardly welcoming.

Wasn't the fact it was old people. A new face walking in was never greeted but looked at with suspicious eyes from the regulars speaking quietly amongst themselves.

I visited once and was warmly greeted by the farang manager/owner who started the obvious standard chit chat. Then an apparently regular customer came in and right in the middle of our conversation without saying another word he went over to greet him and sat down beside him. Never saw him back. Quite rude where I come from. Was my first and last visit.

Wasn't the fact it was old people. A new face walking in was never greeted but looked at with suspicious eyes from the regulars speaking quietly amongst themselves.

No, we weren't talking about The Drift Inn.

A friend mentioned a new-ish bar called Howzit (sp?). It's apparently an Oz sports bar. Run by Miros who runs some business broker company. Anybody been?

Was there over the weekend with some mates. Played some pool on the 4.5 X 9 table, had a few drafts. Not as crowded as it was on opening night, but a nice change from the typical rawai boring bar.

A friend mentioned a new-ish bar called Howzit (sp?). It's apparently an Oz sports bar. Run by Miros who runs some business broker company. Anybody been?

Was there over the weekend with some mates. Played some pool on the 4.5 X 9 table, had a few drafts. Not as crowded as it was on opening night, but a nice change from the typical rawai boring bar.

where is that?

Almost opposite the White Hart. Previously, it was some French restaurant called Cave, or something like that.

still not sure, is it on Wiset? Near where the go go bar was going to be?

Actually what ever happened to that idea? Wasnt it some rich guy who was just opening a bar for a hobby?

Almost opposite the White Hart. Previously, it was some French restaurant called Cave, or something like that.

still not sure, is it on Wiset? Near where the go go bar was going to be?

Actually what ever happened to that idea? Wasnt it some rich guy who was just opening a bar for a hobby?

Checked out Google Maps and the old place was called Les Caves de Rawai. An Irish bar is nearly opposite called Molly Magilicutty's or similar (555). Irish flag colours outside. About 200 - 300 m south of Laguna on the right.

Went to try it yesterday. Sat at the tables near the road and enjoyed a few drafts. They have about 5 or 6 to choose from. Started coming down big time and had to sit it out for an hour or so. The bin was pretty low since the boss is only charging 45 baht for a draft to get the punters in. Not sure how long it will last. Some reasonable totty employed as well.

• Like 1