Other Half's Girlfriend wants to visit - Advice Required

David48

Hi David

All these references to "gods own country ie northern rivers) are making me homesick. Its just the Thai way, they don't book things months in advance they don't make elaborate plans, just tell Miss Farmgirl et al that its Ok but as always these things have a way of working out, if things get strained. Of course there are risks to your peace of mind and relationship (IMO small risks). A good Thai girl would hardly ever be a problem as far as cleanliness etc goes.

Worse comes to worse take her to the Woodenbong pub and leave her there. Or I have a pad on the Summerland Way up past Grevillia that she can use, I wont be there, its only 12volts solar and hydro and no hot water though and there is probably khao pat (555) all over the verandah by now.

A change is as good as a rest!

Sounds like David will be seeking sanctuary in your Grevillia summer house retreat.

Two's company threes a crowd and such like.

CCC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My rule of thumb is, fish and guests stink after three days.

Not always if you keep them in the freezer, but whilst fish is going to be ok for quite a while longer, if you keep guests in the freezer police may eventually want to know why.

In my experience, Asian visitors to Europe either do the 9 days/7 nights tours where if today it is Wednesday, this must be Paris or they stay for a long period, 2, 3, 6 months. That is not bad, but it may affect your privacy and your way of life. Think about that before extending the invitation (and yes, I have also thought about all the other compensations that most likely will never happen :D )