DNA match in Kirsty Jones Murder

Gonzo the Face

Many people know who did it. But he's Teflon and unless the non-stick coating wears off there will be no closure for Kirsty's family.

In many murder cases there is usually someone or people who know the murderer. Perhaps shielded by family members or close friends and associates.

Hopefully the money reward will help loosen a few tongues and bring a conclusion to this case for the family and the precious young girl.

Getting a major breakthrough at this point is literally now based on a hope and a prayer and let us hope some positive results are forthcoming soon, and that`s about all we can do and hope for.

Given your self declared connections, you, of all people should know why this particular guy is Teflon.

If some or all of you "in the know" locals know who he is why dont you do something about it. Anonymous call etc. Just get it done already and put this to rest.

Anonymous call to who?

You realize what his job was?

Clue: Uniform, guess the colour.

If he's a Thai cop and you / they are shitting their pants try this bloke for starters.

Detective Andy John of Dyfed-Powys police...

Or is it "they" haven't a clue and are only getting it from Chinese whispers.

If someone knows anything at all for Christs sakes do something about it.

Many people know who did it. But he's Teflon and unless the non-stick coating wears off there will be no closure for Kirsty's family.

In many murder cases there is usually someone or people who know the murderer. Perhaps shielded by family members or close friends and associates.

Hopefully the money reward will help loosen a few tongues and bring a conclusion to this case for the family and the precious young girl.

Getting a major breakthrough at this point is literally now based on a hope and a prayer and let us hope some positive results are forthcoming soon, and that`s about all we can do and hope for.

Given your self declared connections, you, of all people should know why this particular guy is Teflon.

Really, teflon?

Sounds like you`re another flash in the frying pan to me.

Sherlock Holmes, eat your heart out, we now have pedr on the case.

If he's a Thai cop and you / they are shitting their pants try this bloke for starters.

Detective Andy John of Dyfed-Powys police...

Or is it "they" haven't a clue and are only getting it from Chinese whispers.

If someone knows anything at all for Christs sakes do something about it.

The investigating officers from the UK are well aware.

This is Thailand juristiction.

Edited by sbk

As I said previous, we can only hope that a conclusion transpires in the near future.

Making assumptions and speculating is of no use.

My sincere sympathies go out to the family and in respect of the family and all those involved in the case, who maybe viewing this thread, I hope the mods close this thread soon.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

As I said previous, we can only hope that a conclusion transpires in the near future.

My sincere sympathies go out to the family and in respect of the family and all those involved in the case, who maybe viewing this thread, I hope the mods close this thread soon.

If having this thread open leads to something then I'm sure Kirsty's family wouldn't mind.

• Like 1

If having this thread open leads to something then I'm sure Kirsty's family wouldn't mind.

Providing posters don`t come up with wild accusations, personal attacks on other posters and can keep to the already proven facts as we know them.

To start the ball rolling, I have always thought that as Kirsty was alone late at night in the said room, then tragically someone perhaps staying at the guest house, a member of staff during the time or a late night visitor, that Kristy became friendly with or with knowledge of Kristy`s whereabouts, somehow gained access to the room and murdered her.

It is a known FACT, that the police and other officials bodged up the evidence when they went into the room like bulls in a china shop, including letting the press and media onto the scene and giving others access to the room before all the evidence could be properly isolated and gathered from the room. It was a total cock up from start to finish.

The questions arise is, did the police conduct a thorougher investigation? Did they question all the guests and visitors who were at the guesthouse on the night, was there any forensic tests carried out in the room and if so, how long after the event?

• Like 1

^ For someone who said:

"My sincere sympathies go out to the family and in respect of the family and all those involved in the case, who maybe viewing this thread, I hope the mods close this thread soon."

38 minutes ago, you sure do a good job of imitated schizophrenia. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the large sum reward money will yield in some positive results, and certainly making crackpot assumptions and pointing the finger at people solely on your unfounded views regarding the Thai police force and an article made by some proletarian so-called journalist will not help the progression of this murder case or do the family any favours.

"Proletarian so-called journalist"?

What a decidedly odd thing to say.

I honestly don't know what to make of that!

I've got some "views" regarding the Thai police force as well, although I suppose that they are probably equally "unfounded", seeing as how I'm not related by blood to any uniformed members of that esteemed organization.

If I WERE close to any uniformed officers in Chiang Mai, and if I DID want to know who was responsible for Kirsty's death.......I suppose that I'd simply pony up and ask them!

How much could it cost?

Better splain it to me..... simply....

I understand that the date on the top is the 4th July 2013...and tomorrow is the 5th...... could probably even guess the next day may be the 6th...... but why is the article an ancient one and dated today?????

How is a dumbass to know or not know it isn't a today story?????

The article was never dated July 4th. However the website always shows the "actual time" and date for London UK Ie.GMT plus the datecheesy.gif Splained it simple nuff for ya?

I think threads like this keep hope of justice for Kirsty alive. Many of us remember and still feel strongly about the scum that murdered her and the insidious organization that's protecting this scum.

• Like 1

When I came to CM back in 01, the Regulars in John's Place (24 hr Drinking back then) could name the guy and give position of his seat in the 'Office' where he worked.

This was before the DNA confirmed he was Thai and not a frang.

john

I understand that the date on the top is the 4th July 2013...and tomorrow is the 5th...... could probably even guess the next day may be the 6th...... but why is the article an ancient one and dated today?????

The article was never dated July 4th. However the website always shows the "actual time" and date for London UK Ie.GMT plus the datecheesy.gif Splained it simple nuff for ya?

Simpleton here....... then by your and The Daily Rags superior mindset, I do hope and pray that they never decide to run a story about the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

wacko.png

When I came to CM back in 01, the Regulars in John's Place (24 hr Drinking back then) could name the guy and give position of his seat in the 'Office' where he worked.

This was before the DNA confirmed he was Thai and not a frang.

john

Well why didn't they do / say something about it.

Uncle Alberts quote comes to mind.

“The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything”

Albert Einstein

I think threads like this keep hope of justice for Kirsty alive. Many of us remember and still feel strongly about the scum that murdered her and the insidious organization that's protecting this scum.

Hear hear. Keep the thread running for as long as it takes.

• Like 1

It seems to be a limitation of their website. It's also a pretty dumbass newspaper by the way; don't blame yourself. wink.png

it's not a limitation, it is by design. That way, everything looks fresh. Otherwise the public might notice that there is few new material coming out every day.

"Well why didn't they do / say something about it."

Read the thread and it will dawn on you the Occupation of the person and perhaps someone will tell you the position, one member of his immediate family has.

John

Me

I know Nothing, just rumor and bar chat.

"Well why didn't they do / say something about it."

Read the thread and it will dawn on you the Occupation of the person and perhaps someone will tell you the position, one member of his immediate family has.

John

Me

I know Nothing, just rumor and bar chat.

You know nothing except his family and occupation. Yeah, well Einstein was / is right then.

• 1 month later...

Mum of woman strangled in Thailand pleads for justice

The mother of a young woman murdered while travelling in Thailand 13 years ago remains optimistic that her daughter's killer will be caught.

Kirsty Jones, 23, was raped and strangled at a guesthouse in Chiang Mai in 2000.

The Liverpool University graduate was just three months into a two-year around the world trip.

Despite numerous public appeals as well as a £10,000 reward, her killer still remains on the loose.

However, on the 13th anniversary of her daughter's death mum Sue Jones, from mid-Wales, said she refuses to give up hope.

Officers from Dyfed Powys Police have been helping Thailand's Department of Special Investigation (DSI) and last year uncovered a DNA profile at the murder scene.

DSI officials also plan to travel to the UK to re-interview witnesses who were staying in Chiang Mai at the time.

Her mother Mrs Jones said: "I will not give up on Kirsty, she is my first born and my daughter and she deserves justice.

"I want to find out what happened to Kirsty that night and who killed her.

"I don't suppose I ever will know why, but as her mother I believe that there remain many unanswered questions and stages of the investigation that need to be followed up and thoroughly investigated by the Thai authorities."

Mrs Jones said believes the net is drawing in on her daughter's killer - thanks to the help of Welsh detectives.

Last September, Thai police accepted an offer of assistance from Dyfed Powys Police, in particular with forensic tests.

Officers later came back to the UK with semen and skill cell samples from the murder scene, including the sarong that was used to strangle the university graduate.

Genetic profilers have not yet found a match in Thailand's 80,000 strong DNA database.

But Welsh investigators, who have also jetted out to Thailand to raise the profile of the case, remain optimistic.

Mrs Jones said: "Obviously, we will never forget Kirsty and will never get over losing her - because you don't. You just learn to live with it.

"But a conviction would help us draw a line under this chapter of Kirsty's death."

Detective Superintendent Andy John said over the past year Dyfed Powys Police had continued to liaise with the Thai authorities through the Serious and Organised Crime Agency international liaison officers in Bangkok.

"Regular meetings have continued, and it has recently been agreed that Dyfed Powys Police will undertake a forensic review of exhibits that have been retained by the police," he added.

ITN News : http://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/2013-08-09/mum-of-woman-strangled-in-thailand-pleads-for-justice/

Edited by Notstupid30