Question concerning non-removed 90 day notification

Hi,

I have a question about the 90-day notification of which I am sure it already happened to other people.
I have a ED Visa with a multiple re-entry valid until october, so my visa is no problem.
However, I left Thailand on the 5th of may and came back yesterday, the the 6th of july.
Usually, when leaving Thailand, the small white paper for the 90 day notification should be taken out of the passport, or not?

It states I have to come there on the 20th of june for the report, which obviously has passed.
I asked before the thai consulary in Germany, who said that I should just ask here - the immigration officer just smiled and waved with his hand when he saw the paper

in my passport, but put it back in, the information people at the airport were not any more helpful.
While I have a valid visa I dont worry about that, but do I need to care about the white paper or not?
I dont want to pay 5000 baht and probably get some stamp concerning that in my passport just because some immigration guy forgot to take that out

Thanks in advance

You should keep your current receipt as that is required for next report - but they will see you were outside Thailand and count starts at day one on day you returned so report is due 90 days later. If they fail to see the travel show them but normally they do. The address report receipt should not be taken by anyone but the officer when you next report.

I dont have any current receipt - I lost my passport in december, got a new one, returned to Thailand, made a visa (3 months) and then got the notification paper when I made the next extension for 6 months.
However, obviously I have the arrival/departure stamps in my passport (which when I got it right was also double checked by the immigration officer when entering after I asked him about the notification paper)
Will that be enough? Its a rather new visa with all stamps as proof that I have not been in Thailand