Yingluck rejects Yuthasak's offer to step down

webfact

UPDATE:
Minister remains tightlipped over controversial audio clip

By English News

13732596704077.jpg

BANGKOK, July 8 - Deputy Defence Minister Yutthasak Sasiprapa today declined further comment on an audio clip in which voices similar to his own and that of ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra discuss politics involving the armed forces.

At the centre of the discussion was how to help the deposed premier return home. The conversation allegedly took place when Gen Yutthasak met Thaksin late last month in Singapore.

The minister, however, denied that the voice was his.

"I have nothing to say as I have already clarified the matter with the media on the phone," Gen Yutthasak told a flurry of reporters briefly and sidestepped their questions regarding the source who disseminated the clip and then went straight to his office.

Meanwhile, Interior Minister Jarupong Ruangsuwan said he believed the clip would neither adversely impact the government's stability nor the armed forces in particular the premier's concurrent position of defence minister.

The minister's comment was in response to opposition Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva who criticised Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's recent cabinet shakeup for having a political agenda.

Mr Abhisit also urged the government to prove the authenticity of the audio clip which was released on YouTube.

Twice elected Prime Minister, Mr. Thaksin was toppled in 2006 military coup. He was sentenced in absentia to two years imprisonment for violating of conflict of interest law concerning his ex-wife's purchase of a parcel of state land in the capital.

Thaksin fled into exile ahead of the 2008 conviction. (MCOT online news).

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-07-08

How old is Sasiprapa? Why doesn't he simply retire and go live in some moo baan somewhere. What more does he want or need in his life?

How much have you got?

Enough.

I ask all of you to aim for moderation and peace, and work to achieve this goal. We do not have to be extremely prosperous. If we can maintain this moderation, then we can be excellent

His Majesty the Kings Statement given on 4 December 1974

The Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy and its Three Pillars

- Moderation: Sufficiency at a level of not doing something too little or too much at the expense of oneself or others, for example, producing and consuming at a moderate level.

- Reasonableness: The decision concerning the level of sufficiency must be made rationally with consideration of the factors involved and careful anticipation of the outcomes that may be expected from such action.

- Risk Management: The preparation to cope with the likely impact and changes in various aspects by considering the probability of future situations.

http://www.chaipat.or.th/chaipat_english/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4103&Itemid=293

Edited by JetsetBkk

If this isn't proof enough that Thaksin, as a convicted felon, is meddling in Thai government affairs, then I don't know what else would.

TRT was disbanded for less. Why hasn't action been initiated to start the disbandment of Pheu Thai?

Amazing Thailand.

exactly! listening to this it does sound like Thaksin, and realistic enough that actors would have to be very skilled to pull this off convincingly. It sounds like telephone conversation in any case. But the fact that Yuttisak offered to resign is a sure sign he knows this is explosive stuff.

I'm guessing the establishment are just sitting back letting Thaksin and 'his govt' create as much damning evidence as possible, closer to the election when they've created negative goodwill from all this nonsense and their popularity diminished they will put Yingluck and PT on trial, without the risk of a backlash at the subsequent election.

• Like 2

"I have nothing to say as I have already clarified the matter with the media on the phone," Gen Yutthasak told a flurry of reporters briefly and sidestepped their questions regarding the source who disseminated the clip and then went straight to his office.

So it would seem he did a Yingluck and walked away refusing to answer questions.

Looks like she has picked the correct deputy.

• Like 2

If this isn't proof enough that Thaksin, as a convicted felon, is meddling in Thai government affairs, then I don't know what else would.

TRT was disbanded for less. Why hasn't action been initiated to start the disbandment of Pheu Thai?

Amazing Thailand.

exactly! listening to this it does sound like Thaksin, and realistic enough that actors would have to be very skilled to pull this off convincingly. It sounds like telephone conversation in any case. But the fact that Yuttisak offered to resign is a sure sign he knows this is explosive stuff.

I'm guessing the establishment are just sitting back letting Thaksin and 'his govt' create as much damning evidence as possible, closer to the election when they've created negative goodwill from all this nonsense and their popularity diminished they will put Yingluck and PT on trial, without the risk of a backlash at the subsequent election.

Actually it sounds as much like a Dish Microphone at moderate to long distance with one guy talking toward it and another at an oblique angle. A true telephone intercept would have closely parallel voices in levels and general tone.

• Like 2

The greatest problem facing The PTP is that Thaskin should have returned long ago, with the puppet Prime Minister demoted to defence, and what really has happened, Mr "T" is still in Dubai, the puppet is still the PM , Thaskin knows that there is only so many countries the good PM can visit before two things will happen , the penny will drop with the peasants as to who is actually running Thailand (without any votes being done) or the country will go bankrupt with the cost of over sea's junkets, to keep the bungling and inexperienced away as much as possible , that's the deal with little sister, you do the touring , I'll do the country, I'll be back very soon , something has happened in between,( not all want Thaskin to Return) the heat in the kitchen is now getting hotter, the plan, is turning to crap and possibly getting a little filthy.bah.gif

Well I agree with what you say but I for one want Thaksin to come back to Thailand. I feel very sure that there is a bullet with his name on it maybe more than one. We know he has at times alienated himself a little bit from his red shirt support.

What we don't know is how the men in black shirts feel about him now.

As well as some of the other Elite here in Thailand.

So it would seem he did a Yingluck and walked away refusing to answer questions.

Looks like she has picked the correct deputy.

Do you mean suitable?

Amazing Thailand.

Actually it sounds as much like a Dish Microphone at moderate to long distance with one guy talking toward it and another at an oblique angle. A true telephone intercept would have closely parallel voices in levels and general tone.

My guess is a mobile phone and the person recording is much closer to Gen. Yuthasak than to Dr. Thaksin. I've heard Dr. Thaksin's voice for more than 15 years and this sure sounds genuine to me.

Amazing Thailand.

My guess is a mobile phone and the person recording is much closer to Gen. Yuthasak than to Dr. Thaksin. I've heard Dr. Thaksin's voice for more than 15 years and this sure sounds genuine to me.

Also a strong possibility,

except that would have to be someone willing to put his future at risk since they would KNOW who was there.

Also a strong possibility,

except that would have to be someone willing to put his future at risk since they would KNOW who was there.

Good point unless there were several people in the room in which case they are all pointing their fingers including the spy. One thing for sure is there is a mole or traitor among Dr. Thaksin's inner circle. I'll bet they are going crazy to know who did this, who is the traitor, who can be trusted. It is possible that even some that are close to Dr. Thaksin don't want him back for patriotic or selfish reasons. 'Politics make strange bedfellows' as the saying goes and in Thailand people jump political parties all the time.

Another possibility is someone left their phone recording (some can record for 25 hours) and retrieved it later.

This is the most entertaining Thai government yet IMO. This would rival 'House of Cards' for political intrigue.

Edited by rametindallas

Someone bugged yuthasaks phone or put some spyware on it.

Hardly implausible is it.

You've just opened the gates for the 'tin foil hat' brigade :P

Is it more likely that they got two actor to carry out a 30 minute act in character and tone properly.

I've seen Thai TV. That really is implausible.

Is it more likely that they got two actor to carry out a 30 minute act in character and tone properly.

I've seen Thai TV. That really is implausible.

I'll throw on my tin foil hat and say, a recently demoted minister has a lot more of these in his little black iPod mini...

How old is Sasiprapa? Why doesn't he simply retire and go live in some moo baan somewhere. What more does he want or need in his life?

How much land did Pahom finally get? whistling.gif

Thanks for the link! Never knew I'd be a Tolstoy fan! biggrin.png