Buying a new bike on finance

Hi, been reading this forum for a while and done some searches but really haven't found the answer/s, so looking for some constructive feedback and information from experienced members please.

I want to buy a new PCX in the Pattaya area but do not want to commit the full amount in cash as I'm having a property built and would like to keep cash for furnishings.

I have a work permit (more than 2 years).

Before I jump into the jaws of a Honda salesperson, some background information on where to buy, what sort of deposit would I require, what documentation would I require, etc. etc. would be appreciated.

Many thanks

It really depends on the dealer.. deposit can be 99b to 20k.

I believe that most Honda wing centres (aircon shops) use AEON and do good rates.

Monthly rates can be as low 0.79 to 2 %

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

With a work permit most dealers will ask you to pay a minimum of 30% deposit (normal in most dealers for foreigners, some may be lower) and your net monthly income has to be more than 3 times the cost of the monthly finance.

Im very interested in this topic... is any paperwork required on my end? I see big wing in cnx is offering 24 months with 0% interest.

Sent from my GT-I9500

Can you get more details? Interesting!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

I Just bought Forza not so long ago.

Deposit is 25% but after an application they asked for 30%, repayments over 36 months.

You will need Thai guarantor, even with WP(i also have one)

It is run through Krungsi Bank and pretty straight forward.

Go to shop, chose a bike and tell them you want finance.

They will call the loans officer who will come to the showroom.

You need, passport, WP, bank statements for past 6 months(but will accept 3 months) a thai guarantor.

Once paper work is done, someone from Krungsi will first call your work, and then will also visit to take pics of the business.

Takes about 3-5 days and all is done.

DO NOT GO to the the one on Pattaya Tai(if you in Pattaya) staff there are clueless.

Again, if in Pattaya, head down to the one on Sukhumvit Road, next to Honda Big Wing, staff there very friendly and have done a few finance for foreigners.

When financing a vehicle in Thailand, make sure you know the APR rate of interest. Most times you will be quoted "flat interest" rates (i.e. calculated as if there were no reductions in principal). If you don't know the difference and get quoted flat rates; it will make a huge difference btw what you think you're paying from what you actually are.

Can always ask what you would have paid total by the end of the term. I hate to see that difference from the purchase price so usually paying cash a whole amount.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app