Thailand's Transport Minister hails motorcycle taxi to work

webfact

Kudos from me too - at least he's trying. I don't care if it was a photo op or two - not much point in him doing it secretly if he wants to get the message across. It's not his fault that the roads are clogged up with more cars - that's his boss's stupid decision.

While not safe, its still one of the best ways to get around ! Watch out for the tree branches, if your driver ducks his head down be sure to do the same and QUICK ! Other wise you will be doing a 360 digree flip haha

I personally salute Mr. Chatchart for doing these things such as riding the bus and motorcycle taxi. He doesn't have to do them obiously; and I think it shows he is at least being proactive in perhaps setting an example for others to follow. I don't have to ride the bus either but have found I kind of enjoy them to get around in this great city of Bangkok. Just remember; some people will bitch at a picnic. thumbsup.gif

I would really like to agree with you on his actions. How ever I believer both pictures were set up. In busy Bangkok I find it hard to believe there are no people in the back ground.

Also I note that he is a his way to a meeting with the director of Bangkok Mass Transport Authority.

He had no tie or coat seems a bit informal to me.

I know Khun (Dr.) Chadchart personally since 2004. He is absolutely 100% a genuine guy and only has the best intentions for Thailand and its people. Obviously in the role he has today he has to deal with a lot of political nonsense.

I have shared many a bottle of Opus One ( check it out, fantastic Californian red wine) with him and discussed his view on Thailand, corruption, Thai culture, etc., etc.

Like most foreign educated well off Thais, he knows very well what is wrong with Thailand and he is one of many who are trying to improve the lot of ALL Thais.

That's good to know there there are some honest officials here (seriously, not being cynical)

Obviously his mistake was that he did not post his intention to ride a motorbike taxi on TV who could then do a poll to make sure that all the TV experts on all things Thailand Political could vote and let him know what he shoulda coulda woulda done.

I wonder if he noticed how bad the police are at maintaining the law when it comes to driving.

I wonder how many laws he driver broke that went unnoticed.

One thing I do know... They wont or will never see illegal road usage as long as they are Thai.