Whats happened to Phuket Gazettes Website ?

Boater

it will not load at all ( all other websites work fine )

This page can't be displayed
explorer
  • Make sure the web address http://www.phuketgazette.net is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

chrome

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.phuketgazette.net

Try reloading: www.­phuketgazette.­net

Additional suggestions:
  • Access a cached copy of www.­phuketgazette.­net
  • Search on Google:

it will not load at all ( all other websites work fine )

This page can't be displayed

explorer

• Make sure the web address http://www.phuketgazette.net is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.
chrome Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.phuketgazette.net

Try reloading: www.­phuketgazette.­net

Additional suggestions:
  • Access a cached copy of www.­phuketgazette.­net
  • Search on Google:

I am getting many emails from the gazette, it happened before hundreds last time!!

Seems that their server have no used it's annual vacation days. How long ago was it when PG was down for a week or so?

This is one of the sites to verify if some websites are really down or if there is local network problem.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/phuketgazette.net

It's not just you! http://phuketgazette.net looks down from here.

If this has happened before you would think they would have sacked off there server people !

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app

If this has happened before you would think they would have sacked off there server people !

Things happen. I'm sure they will investigate what is happening. I'm quite sure they have limited budget, which results to compromises between availability risks and costs.

Server error, software error, someone just dig up the cable where they host their server, disk failure, any network element failure, server room network provider routing error...

PG is a news company, which might for some odd reason be target for an small scale DDOS attack. Even very large companies can not really cope with larger attacks.

I come from the server side, so the default answer is to blame the network gurus rolleyes.gif

Where does the PG servers locate and which OS & software they are using?

Yeah big problems. I also got dozens of duplicate emails from them over the last few hours.

Maybe you're getting mine - I haven't had any for weeks. ohmy.png

Sounds like a s/w f***up that they are now fixing. Hope so, anyway!

PG is a news company,

That's news to me........

North East West South. Worked even at the time when the earth was flat.

maybe they want every one to pay for a subscription .

They have some kind of subscription but at the whole time their latest PDF newspaper (which I guess is the selling point) has been open to the public at any time for years. With subscription or not.

Paid subscription news for todays news companies does not make any sense anymore. News is out there and there and more and more companies to share it.

Make better news. Be braver. Be smart while ignoring the 'common rules' and still do it. That's one way to sell the news and also change the our little island for the better.

is anyone reading the gazette? they so slow reporting compared to other media...

Only really useful for the classifieds , by far the best real time reporting is from the PW

Sent from my iPhone 6

using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

is anyone reading the gazette? they so slow reporting compared to other media...

Only really useful for the classifieds , by far the best real time reporting is from the PW

PW may be quicker, but PG is usually more accurate. wink.png

and PW replies to commenters are obnoxious

Edited by Boo
fixed quotes

and PW replies to commenters are obnoxious

So are some of the commenters!

^^^^^^

@jimmi007

As for " and PW replies to commenters are obnoxious"..i, myself refuse to indulge is his grandstanding comments section, but from what i see its normally he who starts most of the verbal wars and continues to bait the commenters.

Edited by andreandre
  • Like 1

^^^^^^

@jimmi007

As for " and PW replies to commenters are obnoxious"..i, myself refuse to indulge is his grandstanding comments section, but from what i see its normally he who starts most of the verbal wars and continues to bait the commenters.

more than likely his his grandstanding is to keep people reading to see what he will say next ( much like shock jock radio does to keep listeners entertained )

I would think he would never say the same things face to face with someone.

• Like 1

^^^^^^

@jimmi007

more than likely his his grandstanding is to keep people reading to see what he will say next ( much like shock jock radio does to keep listeners entertained )

That guy just creates controversy to get more hits for his failing website. I rarely have the patience to read that crap anymore.

Edited by iSabai
  • Like 1

^^^^^^

@jimmi007

At some point I thought of creating an account there, just to play with the editor.

But he can pre-screen all the comments before those will be published. That gives him the power to control the information flow which makes the effort to ridicule his views beyond the effort required as it would also give him more attention than deserved.

^^^^^^

@jimmi007

At some point I thought of creating an account there, just to play with the editor.

But he can pre-screen all the comments before those will be published. That gives him the power to control the information flow which makes the effort to ridicule his views beyond the effort required as it would also give him more attention than deserved.

Don't waste your time Oilinki. He's a troll, and he's expert at baiting his regular commenters to stimulate controversial responses, which create more hits for his website. He's written in the past that he's in need of sponsorship to keep that site alive, hence his baiting tactics.

On top of that he comes across as your typical pseudo-intellectual elitist snob media type that thinks he knows it all while his readers are merely inferior (to him) know-nothings. I give that site a wide miss nowadays.

By the way, some of those "inferior know-nothings" I recognize from their postings here as well... whistling.gif

Edited by iSabai

This brings the question, who each of us believe, who are news people we can trust and who have the biggest balls to show what is really going on in the island.