CMU Fitness Center

gatsby32

Hi, I have done the searches and found a few vague, mostly negative comments about the CMU Fitness Center but I'd really love to hear first-hand what exactly it offers. This would be the Chiang Mai University weight room(s).

All I'm interested in is free weights and weight machines (bench, row, pulldown, etc). I'm sure there are better gyms in town, but can someone who's actually seen this place in the last few years give an idea for what it has?

Thank you in advance!!

Hi, I have done the searches and found a few vague, mostly negative comments about the CMU Fitness Center but I'd really love to hear first-hand what exactly it offers. This would be the Chiang Mai University weight room(s).

All I'm interested in is free weights and weight machines (bench, row, pulldown, etc). I'm sure there are better gyms in town, but can someone who's actually seen this place in the last few years give an idea for what it has?

Thank you in advance!!

why don't you look for yourself. the walk will be a good workout
  • Like 1

Thanks for the advice, mascarakatze, but I'm over 7000 miles away from CMU at the moment.

I need to make a decision before I arrive to Thailand that is partially based on the quality of the CMU Fitness offerings. I'm not expecting much, but I'd love to get a better idea for what it has to offer.

Thanks --

Hmm I wouldn't mind taking a look. I never thought to see if CMU had a gym.

Hmm can't find it with a quick goggle search. Anyone have a goggle maps link? I don't really wanna drive around the campus aimlessly trying to find it.

There is a Fitness Center located at the Academic Services Center just off Nimman, across from their convention center. The main building has a branch of the Lemon Tree restaurant. Not sure if its open to public or just CMU students.

Apart from the weight room, there are loads of walking, rowing, whatever they are apparatuses ...located outside, just road past them today and there were a lot...more than 20.

if you enter from the rear entrance off suthep road, make a right at the circle and they are close by.

• 3 months later...

By the way, I did walk into the fitness center after arriving in CM and took a look around. Sorry, don't know if it was opposite a swimming pool or convention center. It was right near a round-a-bout and close to the softball field, I think.

For anyone else who might be curious, it was shockingly gloomy. About one step up from a pile of rocks on the side of the freeway. I wasn't expecting much of anything and was shocked.