Thaksin's plan to return to Thailand suffers setback

webfact

Its funny how Kentucky State U. only put Yingluck up on their list of well known alumni AFTER she became PM. I wonder if they feel they made a mistake in doing it at all ?

Who is famous for being someone's sister - besides Danniiii Minogue?

Pippa Middleton?

Pippa Middleton has a nicer bottom than either Danniiii Minogue or dear Yingluck

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes of course he can come home anytime. But to what? In such an event as his return the the Social Democrats, so far only suceeding in relieving him (fraudulently) of 47 Billion Baht, will first seek to humiliate him further, then a hit squad no doubt be funded by a Democrat who is already a murderer and is corrupt, would blow him away immedieatly Thaksin was released from jail.

One gets sick of all this Democrat drivel emerging from the mouths of greedy men that orchestrated corruption in Thailand for more than a quarter of a century. Yes they can talk of corruption because they nursed such an exquisitly opaque system of corrupt practice. Sickenly their criminalty sought to extract the greatest extent of Thailand's wealth from the oppressed Thai people during all of that quarter centuary.

One more time I'll say it; no one has ever publish statement or document that indicate to me that Thakin is or was ever corrupt. This statemnet means just what it says, it does not say That Thakisin not corrupt, just that no evidense of his alledged corrution exists.

Some help me, a simple and elderlty foreigner, and produce then I won't have to continue reading all this drivel that does not more that to discredit the authors of it.

There are none so blind as those that will not see.

Shouldn't that be "none so blind as those who don't want to see" ?

Former leader Thaksin will definitely need the approval of the military before he can return, possibly due to the fact that Thailand is run by the 18 members of the Privy Council jointly with the military having the real power in Thailand, and the elected government does not really have much controlling power over any major decisions regarding the stability of the country e.g. Thaksins return, if they had he would have been home ages ago a free man with no prison term hanging over him

Right or wrong he was a good primer, much better than the waste of space we have back in the UK. The fact is countries that have military intervention, will always create unrest and do their upmost to justify the cause. Had there not been a coup in Thailand then Thaksin would have been processed as per the law, and no doubt got away with what he did, and let's not forget he was not the only person that benefited from the tax plan; I can assume even those in the yellow party played with stocks and shares and made a lot of money, but kept quite.

Thaksin never had a chance nor would anybody else if there is a coup; take a look at Egypt prime example. There is a bigger picture for the coup and most know but don't want to talk about it especially those who live in Thailand. Most who write on here do not have actual evidence and know exactly what was presented to the courts and what was accepted and omitted. I have first hand experience in the Thai courts and they do not simply follow the law, so when it comes down to the law it is a matter of who is pushing the judges button. Yes there are some judges who has integrity, but as most on here have witnessed Thais would sell their sole for money.

Edited by britinthai
  • Like 1

I have first hand experience in the Thai courts and they do not simply follow the law, so when it comes down to the law it is a matter of who is pushing the judges button. Yes there are some judges who has integrity, but as most on here have witnessed Thais would sell their sole for money.

Getting done for drink driving or getting caught with a doobie in your hand not quite in the same league I am afraid...

it already has dampened the possibilities of Thaksin coming home in foreseeable future, according to Pheu Thai ("For Thais") MP Cherdchai Tantisirin.

He can come home any time he likes....

Yingluck said, adding that everything in Thailand nowadays seems to be turned into a political issue one way or another.

My dear Yingluck in case you hadnt realised yet but the postion of PM is political in nature...didnt your bro tell you this when he give you the job ?

it already has dampened the possibilities of Thaksin coming home in foreseeable future, according to Pheu Thai ("For Thais") MP Cherdchai Tantisirin.

Yingluck said, adding that everything in Thailand nowadays seems to be turned into a political issue one way or another.

My dear Yingluck in case you hadnt realised yet but the postion of PM is political in nature...didnt your bro tell you this when he give you the job ?

mocrat crooks that are bittere that all they managed to whith all their so called political drivel was to deprive

Yes of course he can come home anytime. But to what? In such an event as his return the the Social Democrats, so far only suceeding in relieving him (fraudulently) of 47 Billion Baht, will first seek to humiliate him further, then a hit squad no doubt be funded by a Democrat who is already a murderer and is corrupt, would blow him away immedieatly Thaksin was released from jail.

One gets sick of all this Democrat drivel emerging from the mouths of greedy men that orchestrated corruption in Thailand for more than a quarter of a century. Yes they can talk of corruption because they nursed such an exquisitly opaque system of corrupt practice. Sickenly their criminalty sought to extract the greatest extent of Thailand's wealth from the oppressed Thai people during all of that quarter centuary.

One more time I'll say it; no one has ever publish statement or document that indicate to me that Thakin is or was ever corrupt. This statemnet means just what it says, it does not say That Thakisin not corrupt, just that no evidense of his alledged corrution exists.

Some help me, a simple and elderlty foreigner, and produce then I won't have to continue reading all this drivel that does not more that to discredit the authors of it.

Thaksin has been convicted of corrupt abuse of power by a Thai Court of Law, and has other ourstanding charges which he has failied to attend court to address. He chose to become a fugitive from justice rather than appeal the conviction (does this perhaps tell you something?). The outstanding charges are more serious which may also be a reason why he doesn't want to face them so won't return until they are removed.

You should be careful with your posts. In ignoring the conviction you appear to be challenging the integrity and validity of a Thai court and reinforce this with you statement regarding confiscated assets. You might want to consider the possible consequences.

How dare you threaten a poster; thailand is corrupt period. An illegal coup ousted Thaksin and the coup was in control of the Thai justice system period, so your statement in regards to convicted in the Thai court of law has no standing.

Thaksin's Plan to Avoid Prosecution and Jail Suffers Setback.

They should wait until they get him, throw the despot in the slammer and then bin the keys in the Gulf of Thailand.

Thus creating the most popular diving spot for red shirts? laugh.png

The problem with the tape is that when cabinet ministers fly to Dubai, Hong Kong etc to meet Thaksin they all have to lie about why they are there. The lie is that they do not discuss government business under their department responsibilities. They lie. Thaksin lies. The tape is evidence that they have been caught doing exactly that and the whole government could be dismissed for admitting being directed by and aiding and abetting a wanted criminal. The difference is critical. And that is why the government needs to back off. Caught with their knickers down.

I'm going without breakfast now, thanks to you. The thought of Chalerm sans culottes has made me feel quite bilious. biggrin.png

Thaksin's Plan to Avoid Prosecution and Jail Suffers Setback.

They should wait until they get him, throw the despot in the slammer and then bin the keys in the Gulf of Thailand.
Thus creating the most popular diving spot for red shirts? laugh.png

please dont do this the gulf of Thailand is polluted enough already with enough sewerage

• Like 1

How dare you threaten a poster; thailand is corrupt period. An illegal coup ousted Thaksin and the coup was in control of the Thai justice system period, so your statement in regards to convicted in the Thai court of law has no standing.

You have no idea of who was PM and which party was in power at the time Thaksin was found guilty, which condemns you to make ridiculous statements like this post.

remind me again ?...wasnt the standing PM at the time a relative of the very gentleman under discussion..whistling.gif

Right or wrong he was a good primer, much better than the waste of space we have back in the UK. The fact is countries that have military intervention, will always create unrest and do their upmost to justify the cause. Had there not been a coup in Thailand then Thaksin would have been processed as per the law, and no doubt got away with what he did, and let's not forget he was not the only person that benefited from the tax plan; I can assume even those in the yellow party played with stocks and shares and made a lot of money, but kept quite.

Thaksin never had a chance nor would anybody else if there is a coup; take a look at Egypt prime example. There is a bigger picture for the coup and most know but don't want to talk about it especially those who live in Thailand. Most who write on here do not have actual evidence and know exactly what was presented to the courts and what was accepted and omitted. I have first hand experience in the Thai courts and they do not simply follow the law, so when it comes down to the law it is a matter of who is pushing the judges button. Yes there are some judges who has integrity, but as most on here have witnessed Thais would sell their sole for money.

boll-ox post of the day...congratulations.collect your prize at the departure gate.....safe trip.......

• Like 1

mocrat crooks that are bittere that all they managed to whith all their so called political drivel was to deprive

If it was only the corruption charges then he would probably still have been PM, and just ripping the coffers of trillions. What you are excusing him off is putting himself above the law. That is what the real charges are and it ain't from the Democrats that you seem confused over but the peoples court to whom he currently still owes two years. And when he gets back he also will have treason charges to face for his attack on Bangkok again from the peoples court. I would rather be in Khun Abhisit's shoes any day. This government is a farce and a joke to Thailand along with the joke that is the puppet PM...shhhh and walk away. The longer the Thai people carry on with this farce the larger the joke they are becoming on the world stage....Democracy is being run by a peoples court convicted criminal from Dubai? The next few months in Thai politics are going to be very interesting. Especially with the tabling of bills from Pheau Thai. I think with polls turning against them there will a lot more street protests that could become violent.

Great post!

Had there not been a coup in Thailand Thaksin was on the way to being it's de facto dictator. He already referred to himself as the nation's CEO, treating the country as his company and the people as it's employees. In fact if he hadn't been so greedy and dodged his taxes he might still be around but that pissed off a lot of his supporters at the time too. When the coup came there was a remarkably apathetic response.

• Like 1

Its funny how Kentucky State U. only put Yingluck up on their list of well known alumni AFTER she became PM. I wonder if they feel they made a mistake in doing it at all ?

Who is famous for being someone's sister - besides Danniiii Minogue?

Pippa Middleton?

and her bum?

Thaksin can return home any time he chooses, he just has to go to court and answer to the charges that have been brought against him, then he can either prove his innocence or go to prison.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

+ 1

Yes Thaksin certainly thought the judges were for sale - that's why he was caught trying to bribe them! (which was rejected and reported - whoops!)

• Like 1

Thaksin has been convicted of corrupt abuse of power by a Thai Court of Law, and has other ourstanding charges which he has failied to attend court to address. He chose to become a fugitive from justice rather than appeal the conviction (does this perhaps tell you something?). The outstanding charges are more serious which may also be a reason why he doesn't want to face them so won't return until they are removed.

You should be careful with your posts. In ignoring the conviction you appear to be challenging the integrity and validity of a Thai court and reinforce this with you statement regarding confiscated assets. You might want to consider the possible consequences.

Oh Yukki , don't worry about it....... very rarely , in this country , do they put away those with sincere and serious mental health problems...... and when and if they do, ........ well, still don't worry, you wouldn't be aware

of it.....

blink.png

Thaksin never challenged the evidence against him. Let's talk about the money he laundered through his chauffeur. Which part of that would you like to challenge. Maybe your experience of the Thai law courts was laundering money through your chauffeur? Please do help us out here.

"Such things will not affect the relationship between the government and the military,"Yingluck said, adding that everything in Thailand nowadays seems to be turned into a political issue one way or another.

Erm-----

The PM doesn't instantly get what she wants for big bruv and so has a stress which is basically 'F*** me, why's everything turned into a political issue when you're Prime Minister?'!!! Mmmmm... good one.. thumbsup.gif.. right person for the job, ya'll reckon, if she doesn't even get that incy wincy little implication as per her remit, at least??? wai.gif

• Like 1

The rules of engagement about running the country are that when you are caught corruption wise, you step down. This was always the case; almost like a gentleman's agreement. Taksin didn't play ball in this regard and would not relinquish power. Thus he upset alot of important people and he went beyond what was acceptable. He will never be allowed back; I think he needs to realize this.