Hotels near Hua Hin wake board lake

Felt 35

I think the new wakeboard lake is in pranburi,so i would google hotels around that area,depending on budget evason,bacchus,papa monkey,these are all on pranburi beach

I don't know either Pranburi or Hua Hin but if the places on the bike course map could give an indication then "Black Mountain water park" is a name along the course so are "Silkworm project" and "Hin Lek Fai mountain"

Thankssmile.png

Thanks for the replies.smile.png

I'm in the process of finding a hotel now but it seems on agoda that most hotels are 3+ km away from Black mountain Golf Club. Is the wake board lake nearby the golf club!

You are about to compete in a triathlon, and worry about a distance of 3 km? What class are you competing in? 90+ ?rolleyes.gif

And yes there is a wake board lake next to the waterpark, both very close to the golfcourse. And no there isn't any hotel in the nearby area. But to the center of Hua Hin is only 7 km !

Thanks for the replies.smile.png

I'm in the process of finding a hotel now but it seems on agoda that most hotels are 3+ km away from Black mountain Golf Club. Is the wake board lake nearby the golf club!

You are about to compete in a triathlon, and worry about a distance of 3 km? What class are you competing in? 90+ ?rolleyes.gif

And yes there is a wake board lake next to the waterpark, both very close to the golfcourse. And no there isn't any hotel in the nearby area. But to the center of Hua Hin is only 7 km !

I don't think I mentioned anything about worried of a distance of 3km unless in traffic jamwink.png But as most Triathlon races around the world have an early start, usually participants have to be at the transition area at least one hour before start, means its still dark in Hua Hin and when not familiar with the area I prefer to have a hotel as near the race site as possible. Just found today that following Tripadvisor.com there are hotels nearer than 7km to the wakeboard lake, included Aka Resort, Baan Bayan, Best western Serenity, Narawan Hotel and Sunshine Guesthouse which seems to be 2-3Km away from the wakeboard lake!

Btw, preparations is half the racesmile.png

Don't know where tripadvisor has got their numbers from??

Serenity and Narawan is about 10 km from Black Mountain. You have to go to soi 56, before you can start to head towards BM. And from soi 56 it is about 7 km!

As for Baan Bayan and Sunshine, they are both located on the "wrong side" of the city center if heading to BM. About 8-9 km from BM.

AKA is closer, about 3 km. But very expensive. 7-8000 +++.

If you are willing to pay that kind of money, why not rent a villa from Black Mountain. 4.800/night. Those villas are located 200 meters from the wake board lake! thumbsup.gif Check their webpage.

Don't know where tripadvisor has got their numbers from??

Serenity and Narawan is about 10 km from Black Mountain. You have to go to soi 56, before you can start to head towards BM. And from soi 56 it is about 7 km!

As for Baan Bayan and Sunshine, they are both located on the "wrong side" of the city center if heading to BM. About 8-9 km from BM.

AKA is closer, about 3 km. But very expensive. 7-8000 +++.

If you are willing to pay that kind of money, why not rent a villa from Black Mountain. 4.800/night. Those villas are located 200 meters from the wake board lake! thumbsup.gif Check their webpage.

Usually the organizer appoint an "official race hotel" recommended by them with reduced prices and nearby the race start so maybe later on the info will be available on their webpage!

Anyway I will check out the Black Mountain villas. I Did not really know that there was villas for rent at the main golf club so near the wakeboard lake.

Thanks.

thai pan is slightly nearer ,there really is not much choice up there ,as mentioned before its 10-15 minute drive in a taxi from hua hin centre , even from thai pan you would struggle getting a taxi ,theres very little in fact no public transport in that area

thai pan is slightly nearer ,there really is not much choice up there ,as mentioned before its 10-15 minute drive in a taxi from hua hin centre , even from thai pan you would struggle getting a taxi ,theres very little in fact no public transport in that area

Thanks, I have my own transport so that's not an issue and except from stocking up on a few things from the shopping centres near Hua Hin town, I have no business to do in town anyway, but would be interested to know if there are any restaurants up in the mountain area or if the nearest is in Hua Hin town!

Thanks, have you stayed there or know the place very well? Seajays resort get very good reviews on tripadvisor.com and the only reason I hesitate to book is that its priced so low that its nearly to good to be true! If you know, is it quiet or noisy at night, nothing against a party zone but not before a Triathlon.smile.png

Edited by Felt 35