Honda 4cyl 650cc....?

karlos

This bike should be the "CB600F Hornet"

the ones in Brazil are assembled there, it has 102 HP

If this bike is sold in Thailand, it should be cheaper than the Kawasaki Z800.

• 3 months later...

Wow!!! These look really good!

From what little info is in the article, it sounds like these will be budget inline 4s so I would expect pricing to be relatively low, maybe close to kawasaki 650 twin pricing...

Edited by nikster

This is good news- now maybe Kawi will stick their 800cc engine into some different platforms, forcing Honda to again step up, and we'll see some bikes with real power in the sub-400K range.

An 800cc Versys would be ideal!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wow these look great, shame no USD adjustable forks but other than that these look very nice indeed. The faired version would make a very nice touring bike.

340,000 sounds about right to me given the cost of the Ninja 650R which is only a twin. Hope it's less though...

Bikes seems real nice.

My question is, what is the Honda Thailand logic in that? Import 600s have never been popular in Thailand, Hoand never imported the Hornet so far, but started production of the 500s instead, why they should start importing now, just because Kawasaki has the Z800 ?

I don't think these new 650cc are imported, if they were the price would be higher.

Which price? We're debating on thin air and rumors.

You can stay re-assured, if Honda was to build these in Thailand (means opening a new production line and huge investment), it would be a very well know and publicized fact.

If and when these come to Thailand, will be imports.

Things are looking good!!

The faired one for me please.

87 HP is enough for me, but others might think different, sounds a bit low for a 650cc 4 inline.

I like the Swingarm and style of the exhaust.

My guess (and hope) on the price is 320K

Edited by Dutchbike

I don't think these new 650cc are imported, if they were the price would be higher.

You can stay re-assured, if Honda was to build these in Thailand (means opening a new production line and huge investment), it would be a very well know and publicized fact.

Wasn't it, that another member ( Karlos) had a friend who was working on the engine productionline at a Honda factory in Thailand who started all the rumors??

Were's smoke there's fire??

I realise nothing is certain yet, and it might be all wishful thinking.

But ooh i hope the "rumors" are true.

Please Honda Thailand .... please....

^

really?

they are not stupid to publicize an inle four investment or a cbr650 model while they are trying to sell a cbr500 here, right?

Yes really. Industrial development and major investement can;t be hidden. I'm afraid you guys don't grasp how much it cost to make a bike like this by Japanese standards and how long it takes to re-coup investment.

I understand all the hopes, however I'm willing to bet: If these are made in Thailand, call me a fool, but after the fact.

Edited by paz

I was talking with some Thai friends a few weeks back and while chatting about bikes my friend (an engineer at Honda Lat Krabang) told me that Honda are producing a 650cc inline 4 bike......

Of course I didn't believe him, thinking to myself he must have drunk too much honey and lemon Oishi.

As the conversation started to head south, in defense the guy showed us all pictures of the Engine assembly line, sure enough there he was standing next to a 4cyl Honda engine inside Lat Krabang's plant.....

Obviously he wasn't supposed to show the picture, so I dare not ask him to bluetooth it to me for future reference.

Does anyone else have any info on this.

He also assured me it would be available for sale in Thailand and not only for export.

These Kawasaki / Honda battles are helping to produce some variety within in Thailand’s big bike market, I hope others join the game soon :)

Hope it's true. If so, we should be getting a lot more choice in bikes around here. I hope Yamaha and Suzuki get serious about putting some quality decent priced bikes out also.

• 4 weeks later...

You can stay re-assured, if Honda was to build  these in Thailand (means opening a new production line and huge investment), it would be a very well know and publicized fact.

Wasn't it, that another member ( Karlos) had a friend who was working on the engine productionline at a Honda factory in Thailand who started all the rumors??

I realise nothing is certain yet, and it might be all wishful thinking.

But ooh i hope the "rumors" are true.

Here's the bike at the bkk motor showpost-67429-13856446638805_thumb.jpgpost-67429-1385644680537_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You can stay re-assured, if Honda was to build  these in Thailand (means opening a new production line and huge investment), it would be a very well know and publicized fact.

Wasn't it, that another member ( Karlos) had a friend who was working on the engine productionline at a Honda factory in Thailand who started all the rumors??

I realise nothing is certain yet, and it might be all wishful thinking.

But ooh i hope the "rumors" are true.

Here's the bike at the bkk motor show{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385644675.426717.jpg{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1385644694.007101.jpg

post-67429-13856449077402_thumb.jpg