Balloon Ride From Ripleys

udonthani1

Not at 1,000 baht !!! I can get better rides for that money.

you are joking! What a rip-off and It doesn't actually go that high

If you really need to see the view you could try to slip one of the security guards 500 baht at one of the many other buildings in this city which are a lot higher and ask them if you can go on the roof to see the view.

Edited by Asiantravel

Not at 1,000 baht !!! I can get better rides for that money.

you are joking! What a rip-off and It doesn't actually go that high

If you really need to see the view you could try to slip one of the security guards 500 baht at one of the many other buildings in this city which are a lot higher and ask them if you can go on the roof to see the view.

I guess it's called ripp-leys for a reason.

fyi they were offering significant discounts for morning rides i think before 11 am

still Ripley is overpriced even with thai prices

i guess they have to make money

they sure did expand their presence at royal garden

must be about 10 attractions by now

bring proof of residency, might get thai price

all looks like overpriced fun

fyi they were offering significant discounts for morning rides i think before 11 am

you do get Thai price .

Does it go higher than the Hilton's top floor? 'cause for the ticket price you could afford a couple of drinks for you and significant other at the Hilton rooftop bar

+1

And if you want it even cheaper, just go to the restaurant at the top of Markland. Great 360 degrees views, wonderful breeze right after sunset.

Food "OKish" but you can just have a couple of drinks and enjoy the place and views.

I'm not sure how long the balloon flight lasts, but quite convinced that you can spend more time, with better views and in a more pleasant

environment, for less money at the Hilton, the Markland and many other places in town.

• Like 1

you do get Thai price .

Actually they are kind of sneaky, the price for thais is written in thai ONLY.

If we are talking cheap views get on your m/c and ride up to Big Buddha, on Pattaya hill. Totally free and you can see so much of the bay, the islands and the city.

Or go to monument of 'Admiral Krom Luang Jumborn Khet Udomsakdi' which is very close by they even have telescopes at 10 Baht a time ( think 10 Baht ) to look around the bay and islands.

You can look down on Ripleys balloon from up there too ;)

• Like 2

I'm sure the balloon has all the necessary safeguards in place to make it a thoroughly safe and enjoyable ride. Posted Image

Yes like everything in Thailand has,Posted Image

Not so sure about that. Balloons are like virginity, one prick and its all over. :(

Anyone try the new catapult near bali high pier?

You could not PAY ME enough to try that, YET.

There's been a video clip doing the round of a catapult cable snapping, thankfully while the seats are still on the ground, in an attraction on the other side of the bay just the other week, It's amazing with 'hi-so' connections the amount of things you can keep 'hush-hush' in Thailand

Erm.. I wouldn't call it a ballon 'ride'. The thing is secured by about 20 wire ropes and has zero lateral movement. Simply up a few feet, then down.

not my impression, it moves a lot from side to side in the wind if my eyes arent mistaken

Its about a Balloonride.The Thrill of it.

Exactly. The point is totally missed here as the folk on these forums are totally obsessed with what everything costs.

You are so right. This is one of the most negative cheap-charlie forums around. I mean the Pattaya one. But, then look around what kind of people live here....Don't mean to generalize....The are some good ones.....rolleyes.gif MS.

Erm.. I wouldn't call it a ballon 'ride'. The thing is secured by about 20 wire ropes and has zero lateral movement. Simply up a few feet, then down.

not my impression, it moves a lot from side to side in the wind if my eyes arent mistaken

Oh wow.. well worth 1k then.