KTM RC390 Cup previews fully faired compact sportsbike

mania

Race prepped KTM RC390 Cup previews fully faired compact sportsbike

This could be cool.

Probably pricey though but they will supposedly do a street version with these specs

engine is de-tuned so could probably be restored

Weight is very nice

2014 KTM RC390 Tech Specs:
Engine: Liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, single-cylinder, DOHC, 4-valve, 373cc
Power: 38bhp
Chassis: Tubular steel trellis frame
Suspension: 43mm WP USD fork, WP monoshock

Brakes: Single 300mm disc with 4-piston caliper (front), single 230mm disc (rear)
Wheels and Tyres: 17-inch cast aluminium wheels, 110/70 (front) and 150/60 (rear) tyres
Exhaust: Akrapovic titanium silencer
Fuel tank capacity: 9.5 litres
Weight: 130kg

I cannot believe this claim though would be nice

I think something got confused in the translation :)

The KTM RC390 will be positioned above the Duke 390 and will compete with the Kawasaki Ninja 300.

Going by the killer price tag of the Duke 390, we can expect the RC390 to undercut the Ninja.

KTM-RC390-superbike-1024x682.jpg

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Looks good but I was expecting a bit more power from a race orientated machine. 38 hp from 373cc is a bit underwhelming by KTM standards. About the same power to cc ratio as the conservative cbr500 range...

It's a single so I wonder if the engine is loosely based on the 350 sxf?

Not sure about a sub 10 litre tank either. I like KTM, but their road bikes have a bit of catching up to do with their off road offerings.

Looks good but I was expecting a bit more power from a race orientated machine. 38 hp from 373cc is a bit underwhelming by KTM standards. About the same power to cc ratio as the conservative cbr500 range...

It's a single so I wonder if the engine is loosely based on the 350 sxf?

Not sure about a sub 10 litre tank either. I like KTM, but their road bikes have a bit of catching up to do with their off road offerings.

I think it is de-tuned for that ADAC cup it is raced in so 44hp would be more likely

as their Duke 390 pulls that & that would be power to weight about the same as the 650 ninja

The downside I am guessing is for some reason they are so cheap in India & so pricey here

as to make them not a good value here. Too bad as they do use nice components & have a nice weight

I would like one as a mountain bike.

Stopped in at KTM Chiangmai today.

They claim they know nothing about the RC or even the price/availability of a Duke 390

Actually this other forum seems up on it & has some interesting ideas about getting one from India.

http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-forum/ktm-motorcycles/3778-ktm-390-duke-review-4.html

On a side note I have been seeing more & more Duke 200's on the road here in CM lately.

I guess dropping that price to 199k helped a lot.

Also I see they have a Duke class at the races now so that probably helped too.

Since they had 3 Duke 200's sitting in the CM showroom I asked if I could sit on one etc.

I will say it does have a very nice suspension!

I hope mine tunes up as nice. wink.png I have some Sonic 85kg fork springs clearing Thai customs now.

Overall checking closely the Duke 200 is a very nice piece of quality work.

You also really notice that weight being so low.

The first time I saw one about a year ago it looked tiny & I didn't really go any further to look at it.

But today looking closely, sitting on it & playing with it a bit I was very impressed.

Too bad it is not a twin 250 & priced a bit better but I will say if it was a twin 250 I would pay that 199k

for that suspension & weight

Also the fact you can switch the ABS on or off was a big plus in my mind

I asked about a test ride but I could not quite understand the girl but the gist was normally no problem but today problem smile.png

I think some guy was missing or maybe the test bike itself?

Edited by mania

More on this bike & some Hi-res pics

More I see it the more I like it

Looking forward to what they come in at weight & price wise.

I do agree with what one comment said about the sub frame though...

Shouldn't be welded because as a cup racer this bike will get flipped often

& if bent will be a hard fix

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2014-ktm-rc390-cup-race-bike/

Edited by mania