Another "Under the Bed" theft from Indian Tourist reported to Pattaya Police

webfact

Another "Under the Bed" theft from Indian Tourist reported to Pattaya Police

india-12.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 47 year old Indian Tourist reported the theft of 3,000 US Dollars from his trouser pocket after he was taken to an apartment where he paid a woman to give him a massage.

Mr. Kumar described how he was walking along Pattaya Second Road, opposite the Montien Hotel in Central Pattaya in the early hours of Wednesday, when a woman arrived on a motorbike and asked him if he wanted to go with her for a massage.

A fee was agreed and paid to the woman who took Mr. Kumar on the back of her bike to the apartment. He was unable to describe the location of the room but did reveal that he undressed and was then given the massage and then left for his Hotel. When he arrived back to his Hotel Room and checked his wallet he realized that 3,000 US Dollars he was carrying had been substituted for pieces of paper.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/95790/under-bed-theft-indian-tourist-reported-pattaya-police/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-07-18

An Indian with 3,000 Dollars in his pocket? Yeah right!

If he claims he had USD 3,000, he mean it.

Because, if he have a foreign currency, he can prove it.

Just curious, where the heck he was wandering with cash?

I'm very surprised how naive these Indian tourists seem to be. Coming from a country like India (with so much poverty and so many of its own scams) I would think they should know better.

Perhaps they let their guard down here, feeling that they're in a safer and more honest country. I remember fooling myself when I first arrived with the idea that since 90% of Thais are Buddhist, and Thai Buddhists believe in reincarnation (where one comes back as a lizard or other lowly life-form if they do wrong in this life) that I would not be cheated or harmed. Then I quickly realized that just like many Christians, many Thai Buddhists wear the label of their religion but don't live the life of their religion.

Why not, there are many very wealthy Indians,

Fair enough, though he doesn't look it.

But if he did indeed walk around Pattaya "in the early hours" with 3 Grand in his pocket, he should be fined for stupidity.

• Like 1

Fair enough, though he doesn't look it.

But if he did indeed walk around Pattaya "in the early hours" with 3 Grand in his pocket, he should be fined for stupidity.

He was!

Okay, exactly how can he prove that he was carrying 3,000 USD around in the early hours of the morning?

• Like 1

Okay, exactly how can he prove that he was carrying 3,000 USD around in the early hours of the morning?

Yes, thats correct.

He can prove he had USD 3,000 but can't prove that, he get cheated of that amount.

I'm very surprised how naive these Indian tourists seem to be. Coming from a country like India (with so much poverty and so many of its own scams) I would think they should know better.

Are you joking?
India was never poor. If it should so, why would Britishers, French, Portuguese, Dutch and Spanish were interested in colonizing India for 200 years? And indeed USA was discovered in a fail attempt to discover India.

Yes, thats correct.

He can prove he had USD 3,000 but can't prove that, he get cheated of that amount.

This is a question. The question is...How can he prove he was carrying 3,000 USD? You claim he can prove this; please tell us how this can be proved.

Edited by marell

A wealthy Indian won't agree to get picked up by a lady on a motorbike asking if he want massage, all the 4 and 5 star hotels in Pattaya have massage facilities already.

This guy was poor and got tempted by the cheap price she offered clap2.gif

Yes, thats correct.

This is a question. The question is...How can he prove he was carrying 3,000 USD? You claim he can prove this; please tell us how this can be proved.

In India, per monetary rule, you don't own or carry foreign currency domestically. You have to show travel documents (esp. visa and passport is mandatory and/or travel ticket if travelling to visa free country) before changing INR to other foreign currency.

On the other hand, one can't deal in cash if it's more than INR 20,000 per income tax rule.

There are several documentation process to exchange currency. And sometime they endorse an amount on passport before travelling.

To own USD 3,000 (I mean foreign currency notes) without any purpose is almost impossible in India, that's why I said he can prove that.

Yes, thats correct.

In India, per monetary rule, you don't own or carry foreign currency domestically. You have to show travel documents (esp. visa and passport is mandatory and/or travel ticket if travelling to visa free country) before changing INR to other foreign currency.

On the other hand, one can't deal in cash if it's more than INR 20,000 per income tax rule.

There are several documentation process to exchange currency. And sometime they endorse an amount on passport before travelling.

To own USD 3,000 (I mean foreign currency notes) without any purpose is almost impossible in India, that's why I said he can prove that.

What if his previous stop wasn't India?

What if his previous stop wasn't India?

As an Indian passport holder, I indeed always has to show my passport everywhere to exchange currency.

But, you can't carry cash more than INR 20,000 as a part of Income Tax rule, no matter what is your origin point, applicable to Indian passport holder.

Also, you can't take huge cash out of country, as you have to face several security check on airport.

Assume, he has collected cash from his friend in Thailand or other than India, in that case he can't prove it.

• Like 1

This is an old scam, guess it has come to life again. Happened to a friend of mine in Chiang Mai a few years ago. He was really drunk, and ended up with a ladyboy flagging customers on the street.He then made the mistake # 2 of going back to her room. At some point he sobered up and was going to leave. Upon putting his pants back on, he discovered a bunch of money was missing from his wallet. At first thinking that was impossible, he then looked under the bed and saw a pair of eyes staring back at him. A big fight broke out, which he luckily won instead of being knifed by two angry lady boys. So after hearing his story, I always check under the bed when in a massage place , or another place that is not my place...

Edited by EyesWideOpen