thai girl friend locked up

winnie666

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, there are many lucky ones on TV who were and are fortunate enough to meet lawyers and hi so females, who just could not wait to marry foreigners double their age to move to village in Isaan.

One member is having non stop sexual relations with a young lawyer who just can not get enough of him, another one(who has been missing for some time) is married to hi so chinese 1/3 of his age and he is in 80's

Whilst IME it's not so easy to meet hi-so girls with genuine status and wealth as an expat it's not exactly difficult to meet university educated middle class girls with decent jobs but you won't meet them in a gogo bar or a night club.

Really? so middle class women are just dying to meet farangs? especially the ones double their age and once met, they can not wait to move to village in Isaan

Gob smacked that this thread has still got legs. Newbie, 2 posts and has not returned..........

may be got locked up for trying to bribe an official or may be GF preferred he sends money to her family and will repay him laterbiggrin.png

Really? so middle class women are just dying to meet farangs? especially the ones double their age and once met, they can not wait to move to village in Isaan

I don't know if they are 'dying' to meet farangs but many are willing to date a farang yes. Not sure about guys double their age though, doubt it. Don't know any who would want to go back to Isaan either no.

But plenty of middle class Thai girls are willing to date farangs of a similar age.

They say more Thai girls are getting university educated than Thai guys these days. Maybe after spending all that time bettering themselves and getting a decent job they can't find a guy on the same level so are going for a foreigner which they probably perceive to be more educated / worldly / wealthy.

I don't know if they are 'dying' to meet farangs but many are willing to date a farang yes. Not sure about guys double their age though, doubt it. Don't know any who would want to go back to Isaan either no.

But plenty of middle class Thai girls are willing to date farangs of a similar age.

They say more Thai girls are getting university educated than Thai guys these days. Maybe after spending all that time bettering themselves and getting a decent job they can't find a guy on the same level so are going for a foreigner which they probably perceive to be more educated / worldly / wealthy??

So you are saying foreigner means educated and wealthy? and you are also saying that being with a foreigner is respected rather than frowned upon?

When you say dating, do you mean playing? but parents or friends can not know?

or you saying they happy to introduce you to their family, friends and work buddies?

because in my limited experience( and i came here when i was 26) have a business, lived in a nice condo etc, when i dated middle class girls i could not meet the parents, nor work buddies and if we were seen outside i was introduced as "friend" who is helping with English".

Our dates out such as lunch was never less than 3000 baht and same with dinners.

No, i did not pay them for their time or taxi, but i did pay for 3000 baht lunch and dinners, making monthly total a nice, healthy lump sum which was much more than they earned

• Like 1

It's too ridiculously easy - you just start a new thread, write an intriguing story, supply partial details enough to whet the interest but not enough for people to respond usefully, perhaps interject an extra tidbit or two. Then you sit back without posting again and enjoy the thread, which by this time has taken on a life of its own.

Why exactly you would want to do that is another question, but they say it takes all sorts.

I have to admit you asked for it posting a question like that on TV. I would listen to techonolgybytes post as it seems the only reply that seems like good advice. Stay clear of the other poser's I means posters. They rae havwing a laugh at you and your GF expence. It does not matter what your GF is innocent of. The fact is you want to help her and that is good enough. Whatever you decide make sure it doesn't make things worse for your GF. Goodluck!

I really know too little about this item to make any comment. However, as a Farang married to a Thai wife for well over 20 years and knowing quite a few Thai ladies (married and unmarried) I do take an exception to derogatory remarks about Thai women made here, particularly by Toscano

You do realize reputation does not just appear out of thin air and is well deserved.

Just because you know a few Thai ladies its does not make it a nationwide role model.

If there were more good ones, perhaps there would be less of derogatory remarks around.

Possibly. Or it could be what psychologists call 'sampling error'. Some of you may be meeting women 'of a certain type' because of how and where you meet them, then erroneously assuming that all/most Thai women are the same. In other words, the 'reputation' you're talking about is only 'well deserved' by the minority you tend to interact with...

Sure, there are many lucky ones on TV who were and are fortunate enough to meet lawyers and hi so females, who just could not wait to marry foreigners double their age to move to village in Isaan.

One member is having non stop sexual relations with a young lawyer who just can not get enough of him, another one(who has been missing for some time) is married to hi so chinese 1/3 of his age and he is in 80's

So you are rightwai2.gif

May all be correct, but there are other cases , and there are also the cases like the french man,a few weeks ago, whom got married after meeting a girl on internet and never meet her before. First paid 20KThb for a round trip for her BKK-RCDG(Paris) , I wish I knew what airline has these fares.

Not much creative help here, you need a real lawyer, but you need much cash, you dont solve anything with 10k-20k more like 100-200k can make some one change there mind.

Friend of ours got tricked into something with marked,cash, he got told 3 months then you are out just pay what they ask.

3-6-9 months with the same "game" keep the guards happy keep the lawyer happy with money, in hope of early escape, which didnt happen.

Jack

She has done 2 years with one more to go. I want to get her out now

She has already done 2 years, and now you want to get her out ?? What's the catch ??

she kept getting told six months, next month you will get out. guards are liars, lawyer was a tosser, didn't tell her anything just give me money

Really unsure if you are a troll or simply naive.

What do guards know? and who ever listens to what guards say when it comes to being released?

Lawyer WAS a tosser? So why did you not change the lawyer?

Is it possible, you have returned to Thailand for a holiday and found your favorite sex toy is in jail, she then fed you some stories to either get you to support her family or perhaps spend some money on getting her out?

By the sounds of things, you do not have a clue at all of what took place, what the crime was or anything else for that matter

Gee Gosh Almighty - someone is full of assumptions. He hasn't yet said what the problem was, so to assume anything makes an ASS of U & ME.

Contrarty to popular belief, most Thai women are not sex toys. Likewise, most Thai Lawyers are complete losers. I often discover I understand elements of Thai law better than the Lawyers I contact. It is truly frustrating to explain to a lawyer what his job entails and what the law says.

I really know too little about this item to make any comment. However, as a Farang married to a Thai wife for well over 20 years and knowing quite a few Thai ladies (married and unmarried) I do take an exception to derogatory remarks about Thai women made here, particularly by Toscano

Sir, may I remind you this is TVF, the Thai Vilification Forum. . . (sadly) . . . surely, you were not expecting any expressions of decency or respect here !

You do realize reputation does not just appear out of thin air and is well deserved.

Just because you know a few Thai ladies its does not make it a nationwide role model.

If there were more good ones, perhaps there would be less of derogatory remarks around.

Possibly. Or it could be what psychologists call 'sampling error'. Some of you may be meeting women 'of a certain type' because of how and where you meet them, then erroneously assuming that all/most Thai women are the same. In other words, the 'reputation' you're talking about is only 'well deserved' by the minority you tend to interact with...

or vice versa ?

Gee Gosh Almighty - someone is full of assumptions. He hasn't yet said what the problem was, so to assume anything makes an ASS of U & ME.

Contrarty to popular belief, most Thai women are not sex toys. Likewise, most Thai Lawyers are complete losers. I often discover I understand elements of Thai law better than the Lawyers I contact. It is truly frustrating to explain to a lawyer what his job entails and what the law says.

He has not said much, because he does not know much.

He can not tell what the problem was, because darling did not tell him.

The fact that he waited for 2 years is enough of an indication of who you dealing with.

If you were the one whose girlfriend was jailed while she was innocent, would you have waited for 2 years?

You will also note the magic words " lawyer was a tosser who did not tell her anything" which is a clear indication OP was not even present in Thailand and had no idea of what was taking place.

Now if she was not a sex toy and they were in serious relationship, do you think OP would have flown in to deal with the matter? You surely realize this matters take little longer than 24 hours? so there was plenty of time to change lawyers, fly over and out and 1000000 other things that could have been done.

In his final remarks, he is not looking for best way to get her out fast but for cheapest way, you still think its not a favorite sextoy?

you are a farang - you do have money - [compared to the average poor Thai ] - just seems to be a matter of how much she is worth to you - how much time she has left and yes, as another asked - 2 years? - why now.

ps - I have heard that nobody ever did the crime.

I did every crime I ever went to prison for. True Dat.

• Like 1

I could say a lot of things. As posters have mentioned...Etc Etc. .A translation into English of the charges, evidence, witnesses, etc., would be the first thing on my agenda.

Really my best advice leave it alone, don't go there. You may end up where she is.

I could say a lot of things. As posters have mentioned...Etc Etc. .A translation into English of the charges, evidence, witnesses, etc., would be the first thing on my agenda.

Really my best advice leave it alone, don't go there. You may end up where she is.

Is that the reason you let your ladyboy girlfriend of 1 year who you thought was a girl beat you up? steal your money? and kick you out of your own room?

It must be sad to have someone you love incarcerated in prison but I feel the best thing the boyfriend can do is to ensure that her immediate family are helped if they need it and that you prepare carefully for the time that she is released.

Sounds as though there were problems in her life that led to a prison sentence. Involvement with drugs, particularly, is the most likely reason. Unfortunately drugs are easily available in Thai prisons so addiction is unlikely to have been overcome.

If you cannot give her 100 percent support on her release she is very likely to lapse into the same circumstances that caused her initial incarceration.

Good luck with your future but I fear you will have problem after problem to overcome

I think it's unfair to label this thread as trolling - it could be, but could also be a case of serious injustice or naivety.

There are some on here who could offer some insight, but many more details would be needed. I understand it's not the kind of thing that people are comfortable talking about, but the details are what are needed if you want any help. The rolling 6-month sentence sounds very fishy, and absolutely against the Law. Are you positive that your information is correct? Or maybe she had not posted bail whilst awaiting prosecution?

However - my best advice would be to buy a copy of the Thai Criminal Code and read it. Also My 2009 update in Thai with English translation cost me 120 Baht, I see it's now 280 Baht (http://www.soutpaisallaw.com/template/w17/s_product.php?groupproduct=506523&shopid=147445). Then go and see at least 3 lawyers.

Regarding lawyers, I'd advise against lawyers with flashy offices - they're more interested in big-money cases or uncomplicated ones en-masse. I'd also advise not going with the various lawyers that police stations use as duty lawyers.