CTH Just installed problems already

mightyharriss

So... We had CTH installed at the bar, we were lucky as been planning for this for a while, thought things were looking great until the last 24 hours.

At around 11 last night The signal was lost on ALL channels. It wasn't raining, not a cloud in the sky... Thought nothing of it, and left it until today.. Came in this afternoon.. All channels are on Freeze frame, so we called the technician that installed and he said must be because of rain.... NOPE not raining here.. a little overcast but no rain, to which he responded

"no it is raining in Vietnam where the signal comes from.. big storm, maybe effect 4 or 5 hours"

This leaves people in the pub game and eventually home user in a bit of a quandary. What's you going to do at 10pm on a Saturday night with a full bar halfway through Man utd v Chelsea(or whoever) and there is a little bit of rain in Vietnam..

I sincerely hope that they can sort this problem out otherwise, I for one as a Bar Manager will have no nails left on match night in the fear that there is a storm in Vietnam

MH

I can not comment on your particular problem but, like you, I had CTH installed yesterday morning in preparation for the forthcoming EPL. I had the satellite system installed as their cable network does not extend to where I live. The picture quality is excellent and the sound is pretty good too. I also like the on-screen programme guide and their overall package of programmes. I have not suffered any loss of picture for whatever reason. For sure rain will be a problem as it was with another well known satellite system. Sometimes there were blue skies over Isaan but rain storms over the ground-to-satellite uplift point - loss of picture. I guess that's one of the limitations of this particular technology. Overall assessment - excellent value for money at 599 baht per month - and 6 dedicated channels in high definition for the English Premier League (131 to 136). Can't wait for it all to start on 17th August.

Edited by Nomad97