Connecting flight info

cossiej

Hi, I'm all new to this and I'm certain you guys have heard this question over and over?. However I'm having trouble finding the info i need, me and my mrs are going to koh samui in a few weeks and flying with malaysia airlines. We connect in Kuala Lumpur and our connection time is just over an hour! I'd like to know if anyone else on here has done the same flight really, and if the connection time is too tight/or do able? Iv searched and searched but come up with nothing?..... Btw we're flying from heathrow to koh samui on flight mh3 if that's of any help? I'd appreciate any info if anyone has anything. Much appreciated

Thanks

James

I've had shorter connecting times, and made the flight. I've had longer, and missed the flight. Depends on your first leg.

If you booked this via the airlines all the way through, then it is up to them to make sure you make the flight. Many times they will hold the 2nd leg if some travelers are late. If not, they'll have to put you up for the night.

Thanks craigt, so all in all it is manageable yeah? I guess it's luck of the draw i.e my flight leaving late or on time. All my concern was really is if we'd make it, though we didn't book flights separately it was all done through Expedia. Trying to get the relevant info out of them just wasn't happening! Again thanks anyways

You should be able to easily make an air-side connection at KUL with just over an hour. There are two gate terminals at KUL, the main one Terminal M which is part of the main airport building with gates prefixed A and B. Then there's the satellite Terminal A with gates prefixed with C. I think your incoming A380-800 will park up at the main terminal. You will be changing planes at KUL and I think it will be the same terminal for the onward flight to Samui.

Looking at flight stats, they have a pretty good on-time departure rate from LHR but have been up to an hour late on the scheduled 07:15 arrival during the past 10 days or so. I think the flight to Samui departs at 08:45 so unless the incoming one is really late, I think you will have no problems. Since you aren't changing airlines, even if you arrive late, they will have someone meet you and speed you to the onward flight gate. Hope your bags make it! It's a once daily flight so your bags may come tomorrow!

PS, don't get in a panic when your incoming flight is taxiing up to a gate that looks like it has G6 or G11. For some obscure reason the gates are prefixed differently outside. I think the main terminal gates were once labeled G and H?

Hey thanks nanlaew, that's brilliant! Although we are changing airlines at KL to Bangkok airways, however our luggage is checked in all the way through from heathrow to samui as iv been assured by our travel company? Thanks again much appreciated

Hey thanks nanlaew, that's brilliant! Although we are changing airlines at KL to Bangkok airways, however our luggage is checked in all the way through from heathrow to samui as iv been assured by our travel company? Thanks again much appreciated

That looks like a MH codeshare using a Bangkok Airways A319. That may leave from the satellite terminal but not a big issue with your bags routed all the way through. Just head to the middle of the M terminal where the A/B gates meet and there's the platform for the inter-terminal train.

well done keagan,even better hearing it from someone that's done that specific trip. Although the other guys here have reassured me it'll be ok too anyways,and the help with this has been greatly appreciated! I'm looking forward to flying with malaysia airlines they have a good write up and not to mention the A380 too! Again thanks for the reply