Honda Forza vs. SYM 300i

RaysFan

I can get a barley used Forza or a new SYM 300i for pretty much the same price... Which is the best way to go? Seems like the SYM is the better bike right? Better technology, more power, looks better... But this is Thailand, and for some reason Honda just doesnt depreciate...

What is the difference in performance? Is it noticeable? I live in CM, will do 75% city driving, 25% just fun on the open road... Maybe realistically 90-10...

I thought Sym made (or used to make) bikes for Honda in Taiwan?

I prefer the Sym, but Honda have 124,000 (ish) dealer outlets in Bangkok alone, so that may be important in the long run.

I thought Sym made (or used to make) bikes for Honda in Taiwan?

I prefer the Sym, but Honda have 124,000 (ish) dealer outlets in Bangkok alone, so that may be important in the long run.

Sym built the CB125 for Honda between 1969 and 2002.

i have never driven Sym, but have the Forza

My thoughts are

Look wise i prefer Sym

Sound(engine and muffle) i prefer Forza

Forza is a nice bike to ride, easy to service and maintain. Sym could be problematic

Forza comes with ABS, Sym does not.

Forza would be easier to sell as its Honda, Sym could be a hassle.

As i mentioned on another thread, i was going for Sym, but then Forza came out and it its just a rational choice (sadly) as Sym is a nicer looking machine

Yea really the only 2 things that keep me considering the Forza is maintenance if anything goes wrong and resale... SYM seems to beat the Forza in all other aspects.

Sent from my GT-I9500

Yea really the only 2 things that keep me considering the Forza is maintenance if anything goes wrong and resale... SYM seems to beat the Forza in all other aspects.

Sent from my GT-I9500

Yep, thats the main factors in my opinion.

There was a thread some time ago and someone managed to post price list of parts for Sym, and from memory it was not cheap.

Also if something was to go wrong while you out riding, you really are limited to where you can take the bike, because most small shops will not have the parts, while with Honda its so much easier to get.

Again, i prefer the look of Sym, but ended up with Forza.

Lets put it this way, if you get a Forza, you will not regret it, because it really is a great bike to ride, if you get Sym, and something goes wrong, you could be swearing in many different languages smile.png

Edited by lemoncake