Kenyans Dominate the 2013 Pattaya Marathon

Rimmer

Kenyans Dominate the 2013 Pattaya Marathon

run-5.jpg
PATTAYA:--Once again the Kenyan’s demonstrated their long-distance running skills by taking the top 7 places in the 2013 Pattaya Marathon which took place on Sunday Morning.

The main race began at 4.30am and runners were sent on their way by Khun Sontaya, the Minister for Culture and Khun Noppadon, the Minister for Sports and Tourism, along with Khun Itipon, the Mayor of Pattaya and Khun Poramate, Member of Parliament for Chonburi Province.

Over 2,000 foreign runners took part in the Marathon, Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon and Wheelchair Marathon.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/96227/kenyans-dominate-2013-pattaya-marathon/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-07-22

saw the run. dam_n they where fast. the end was a pity though. when the men over 50 ran last , all police and volunteers had left their posts. All these proud old men had to run on a supposedly blocked lane. Some of them looked like in their 70's - no beer belly's there - running 40 klicks ! remarkable! Didn't see jingthing running, as our favourite gourmet critic - well.... whistling.gif

Edited by JakeBKK

I hear from a running friend who would not enter because the fee for falangs was double and it was writen in the brochure that falangs would not get any prize money if they won ! only Thai's.

More than double, actually. The Kenyans wouldn't run for no money, and the organizers made prize money for several groups available. International (winner 200k Baht), Thai only (winner 70k Baht), and Asians including Thais (winner 100k Baht). Here's the complete table http://pattaya-marathon.net/table_j.html

I hear from a running friend who would not enter because the fee for falangs was double and it was writen in the brochure that falangs would not get any prize money if they won ! only Thai's.

More than double, actually. The Kenyans wouldn't run for no money, and the organizers made prize money for several groups available. International (winner 200k Baht), Thai only (winner 70k Baht), and Asians including Thais (winner 100k Baht). Here's the complete table http://pattaya-marathon.net/table_j.html

Pretty wicked. if you get old you get less money for running. and it so much more afford and admirable.

I was about to say.

2 friends were into these a few years ago and the ones they entered were all stipulated that only Thais could be on the podium, get medals and prizes. This wasn't a big Pattaya marathon.

cheesy.gif

You just have to laugh at these people. biggrin.png

Edited by Salapoo

Running for money?

I hear the winners were summarily rounded up, disqualified on legal grounds and deported for no work permits.

Except the Thai winners, of course- who then managed to sweep all events..

Edited by impulse

Running for money?

I hear the winners were summarily rounded up, disqualified on legal grounds and deported for no work permits.

Except the Thai winners, of course- who then managed to sweep all events..

Foreigners coming here to partake in sporting events are exempt from Work Permit requirements.

Work Permit Exemptions:

The Act grants exemptions from the Work Permit requirement to the following professionals:

Persons who enter the Kingdom for the performance of any duty or mission for the benefit of education, culture, arts, or sports

Of course this also states that teachers (those here for the performance of any duty or mission for the benefit of education) are also exempt, unless teaching isn't seen as a 'duty for the benefit of education'. :D

Edited by Salapoo