Please help with suggestions for a rental in Pattayai

bhthai

Hello everybody.

I've been staying in Bangkok for the last few weeks, although I have just come to Pattaya and feel it is much more suited to me.

I am planning to stay here until I leave Thailand, which is late November.

I would really appreciate some advise and or suggestions and what I can expect for my price budget and what I'm looking for, within Pattaya.

As I said, I have just arrived in Pattaya, but I am going back to BKK tomorrow (Until I return) so I haven't had much, if any time to look around for places or to understand the various possible locations for my rental.

Where are recommended locations to live in Pattaya? Is there anywhere in particular that should be avoided.

What I am looking for: I have two basically "Guidelines" as of now. I'm not sure if I want to go within around the 5kB mo price range, or go for more luxury around 10KB Mo.

This is what I'm interested in, in an apartment.

- Aircon

- Hot water

- High speed Wifi

- Fridge : Would be great, but not expecting with every cheaper App

- TV/Cable : "Ditto"

- Kitchen : Ditto"

- Pool :"Ditto"

- Somewhere with reasonable security.

So basically if anyone can give me an idea if of what I can get within the 5-10K B range within Pattaya. Areas and luxuries inc in App. If anyone knows of any apartments in mind, that would be much appreciate. If you have an apartment of your own you are looking to advertise, please feel free to PM me.

Also note'

that I am here alone, so single room/Bed area is all that is needed.

I am a young traveler. So I don't necessary need a location that is away from major areas.

No problem, for around 7K a Month plus expenses there are plenty of apartments (in fact only rooms) around the Pattaya Klang area. Has all of the above except pool Try sois 14 and 16....further up at soi 9 Klang there are those pink coloured apartments all within your price range, again no pool. Very quiet and safe, I stay there now.

No problem, for around 7K a Month plus expenses there are plenty of apartments (in fact only rooms) around the Pattaya Klang area. Has all of the above except pool Try sois 14 and 16....further up at soi 9 Klang there are those pink coloured apartments all within your price range, again no pool. Very quiet and safe, I stay there now.

Thank you for your recommendation.

How much do you guys find you spend each month on utilities expenses? Mainly elec. I'd say I'd run AC a moderate amount, I just really have no idea what to expect with prices. I'm assuming 500-1K b/MO...maybe 2k if I ran it 24/7?

How much do you guys find you spend each month on utilities expenses? Mainly elec. I'd say I'd run AC a moderate amount, I just really have no idea what to expect with prices. I'm assuming 500-1K b/MO...maybe 2k if I ran it 24/7?

500-1k would be true if you live in a place when your electric is government rate (and you use the AC a lot), but the places you are looking at, could be using inflated rates (2x,3x, or more then the going government rate) for electric and maybe also for water. So that's also something to look at when you are looking for apartments.

It's an easy profit for the people who own these apartments.

I believe the Government Electric rate is around 3 THB a unit and Water around 15-20 THB. (Please someone correct me if I am wrong)

Edited by MJCM

Last studio apartment I averaged about 2,000 for electric. I used the aircon sparingly throughout the day and night. If you run it all day and night expect BIG bills. Electric here is EXPENSIVE.

my 40 m2 rental studio electric bill has never been less than 3000, usually it is 4000 in February, March. When you rent from Thai, the landlord will charge you 7 to 10 baht per unit. Last April I payed 7000 baht.

If you to rent a condo long term from fellow farang, you will probably get government rate

my 40 m2 rental studio electric bill has never been less than 3000, usually it is 4000 in February, March. When you rent from Thai, the landlord will charge you 7 to 10 baht per unit. Last April I payed 7000 baht.

If you to rent a condo long term from fellow farang, you will probably get government rate

Oh my. You're getting raped. Have you broken my record, 8k?

My electric is 7 baht a unit and I run my aircon everyday and all night while sleeping, my bill was 1,200 for that. (There are very long periods during the day I am not in my room) My water is charged at a flat 300 baht p/m. Your estimates OP are about right.

7 baht a unit? I suppose that isnt terrible. I've seen 10 baht. Ive paid 5 baht/unit from thais in patong. I've seen thais also paying 6-8 baht; Depends little on the location and mostly landlord preference.

The air con is going to be the single biggest expense. You run the air 24/7, you are looking at 1 unit/ hr MINIMUM or 24 units day. Or 720 units per 30 days. @ 5 baht/unit that's 3600bt. I ran mine about 4-8 hours a day depending on how hot it was and i was on the 5th floor. My electric bill was at most 1700 baht.

Use the shutoff timer to avoid leaving it on accidentially.

If you plan to be a long term expat, choose your landlord carefully.

"...the 2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app (Galaxy Note 2).

A lot of condo's are privately owned and are rented out by the so called condominium-managements.

Usually it's the condo management that charges the electric and/or water.

There are a few possibilities:

1. You will be charged by the PEA Chonburi and you can pay the bill accordingly (rate: THB 3.5-4.5/unit). Same for the water bill.

2. You will be charged by the condo-management at the PEA rate; same for water.

3. You will be charged by the condo-management at a rate between THB 6-8/unit and the water will be THB 30/m3 with a minimum of THB 150-300/month.

In case you do have a microwave, fan in the daytime, a/c in the nighttime, tv, fridge and water-heater your bill will be (average):

1. PEA THB 1000 + water THB 100

2. idd

3. Condo-man. THB 2000 + water THB 150

I pay 15K a month for a very nice studio condo in a great location in South Pattaya. I use the aircon sometimes during the day, and at night for 4-5 hours. Water is usually 125 baht per month. I am charged 4.7 baht for electric. I can keep it down to 700 in the off-season, 1800 in the high season. Just trying to give you some realistic numbers.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. The pricing guidelines for apartments and additional bills have been a lot of help.

I've got about 10 places which seem possible choices. Most of my options seem to be in jimotien beach area. I guess I just have to go through them and make a decision. To be honest I just want to be settled in already, so if I end up spending a bit more than what I should have.. oh well.

I think at this point I want a pool...After travelling in Canada for the last year and not being anywhere near water, plus this awful humidity, swimming again sounds amazing to me. For some reason I get the idea that the beaches aren't really that great to swim in..most spots anyway.

If I get a place that doesn't have pool access, is their any public pools that you can pay to use in this area?

Better View Talay 1 or VT2 thank living in Pattaya trashcan (pattaya center).

A lot of what I've looked at online has been at the Talay 1 or 2. Is there a preference to which is better?

In my opinion VT1 is better because both building A and B are linked and the pool is in the middle but VT2 building A and B are not connected (why?).

View talay 1 seems more "open" and I don't like to be jailed.

Maybe the pool of VT1 is bigger ? But not sure, I have never been.

What I know is that maintenance at both VT1 is good and security also even after 10 years, which is not the case at some new condos at Pattaya.

VT 1 should be cheaper than VT2 because rooms are smaller and building older.

• Like 1

There are quite a few budget places around Pattaya Klang that you can get furnished for around 8k a month but you also have to put down a big deposit.

I would just come to Pattaya and rent a cheap room for a week or so and have a look around.

If you factor air con in you are probably looking at 10k a month which is pretty cheap.

• Like 1