Why Would Anyone Be a Mia Noi? Well, Here's About a Milllion Reasons

luckizuchinni

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of my wife is a mia noi, and my wife has always both looked down and pitied her.  She looked down because the woman has a masters degree and my wife steadfastedly believes that university graduates cannot be bar girls, mia nois, whatever. She feels pity for her because the woman wants a kid, but her benefactor will have none out of marriage.

Well, the woman needed help to fill out a visa form, so I had her bring over all her documents to I could assist her.  Much to my surprise, I saw she had well over a million US dollars in the stock market alone (I don't know the value of her property.)  All of this, 100% was acquired during her 9 years and counting as a mia noi.

The woman is about 2 years older than my wife (both in their mid 30's.)  Before, my wife thought of herself as the "higher" class person because she is married.  Now, she is torn.  The other woman may not be married, but she sure has a lot more money than we have!   I may have a cruel streak, but I find her new-found confusion on their relative positions hilarious.  :)

Just beware that your wife doesn't decide that it's greener in different pastures... same happened to a friend of mine. Similar story and they had been married 7 years.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

• Like 2

I live in a small village surrounded by another 9 small villages close by and my wife tells me that many Thai men have a Mia Noi and some Thai ladies have one or more Farang Por Noi's.

It is well known that the Thai men give their Mia Noi more money than they give their Thai wife and children.

The trouble is that this seems to be acceptable to the Thai wife. I know this as a fact because my brother-in-law has a Mia Noi who lives in the same village. He says this is not true but everyone including his wife knows about it and while he has a good paid job never has money for his family.

We also have a Farang who is married in our village but does not live her permanently. He is married to a Thai lady and has a child with her. His previous girlfriend (no children) lives less than 100 metres away and he still pays her a good montly amount. Again his wife and all the village knows about it and treats it as acceptable.

Prostitution is a choice.

And not something which is "forced on poor victimized women", as political correctness teaches you.

this is something you believe until you actually see the touts/procurers in action an umpteen number of times.

puts you of the whole game completely.

Edited by Der pope

really? there are more things worth more than money once you past certain degree financially. personally, i would rather have a happy family and kids driving a fortuner than driving a cayenne with kids that cant even acknowledge his/her father in public, or worse none. eventually one day she will have kids, and when they had grown up they will be asking how did she made the fortune out of it. by spreading legs, what else.

Females think with their HEADS.

Males think with their PENIS HEADS.

Female can have sex with ANYBODY, ANYTIME, for ANY REASON. 'Love' is secondary.

Males must have an ERECTION first. 'Love' (or Lust) must be primary.

In my humble opinion this biological fact explains it all. Valid for any country.

End of message. coffee1.gif

Edited by ABCer
  • Like 2

really? there are more things worth more than money once you past certain degree financially. personally, i would rather have a happy family and kids driving a fortuner than driving a cayenne with kids that cant even acknowledge his/her father in public, or worse none. eventually one day she will have kids, and when they had grown up they will be asking how did she made the fortune out of it. by spreading legs, what else.

Wow! - Your jealousy is really spilling over.

of course im jealous, especially when im already half step in the coffin waiting for my final days to come

• Like 1

If money is more important than anything else, go for it!

Wow, a million bucks, all you have to do is prostitute yourself to a married person, I'll take the job selling somtam from a foodcart thanks.

A post from the purest of the pure thumbsup.gif

If more people were like you, what would happen to somtam market??sad.png

A mirror of Thai society, that the OP's wife looked down on her friend, until she realised, what kind of money she was making!

Would you call a woman in the West for a prostitute, if she was having an affair with one man?

I seriously doubt she had made $1,000,000 out of one man. Unless she is that good! facepalm.gif

Would you call a woman in the West for a prostitute, if she was having an affair with one man?

If it was based on money yes. Most affairs in the West aren't. Being a Mia Noi in Thailand is.

Many, many uni students are funding themselves (and their fancy phones and other glittery nonsense this way).

Don't confuse having a Mia Noi as having an affair. Not the same at all.

• Like 1

I live in a small village surrounded by another 9 small villages close by and my wife tells me that many Thai men have a Mia Noi and some Thai ladies have one or more Farang Por Noi's.

It is well known that the Thai men give their Mia Noi more money than they give their Thai wife and children.

The trouble is that this seems to be acceptable to the Thai wife. I know this as a fact because my brother-in-law has a Mia Noi who lives in the same village. He says this is not true but everyone including his wife knows about it and while he has a good paid job never has money for his family.

We also have a Farang who is married in our village but does not live her permanently. He is married to a Thai lady and has a child with her. His previous girlfriend (no children) lives less than 100 metres away and he still pays her a good montly amount. Again his wife and all the village knows about it and treats it as acceptable.

You'll find that where there is someone paying money in Thailand, there is usually acceptability of their actions. wink.png

Edited by Salapoo

Not that it matters as I was just posting because I was shocked at how much she had amassed, but her benefactor (is there a word for that in Thai?) told me at a dinner last year that he loves the woman, but his family wouldn't accept a divorce from his wife, and he certainly would not even entertain the idea until his youngest went to university. I have met him several times, and the two really do seem to love each other.

I am not trying to pass judgment on the concept of a mia noi (not my place to do so), but I thought the money aspect was interesting and I thought my wife's reaction quite funny.

Man loves mia noi, mia noi loves mans wallet.

Same game for Thai guys as it is for foreigners.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Not that it matters as I was just posting because I was shocked at how much she had amassed, but her benefactor (is there a word for that in Thai?) told me at a dinner last year that he loves the woman, but his family wouldn't accept a divorce from his wife, and he certainly would not even entertain the idea until his youngest went to university. I have met him several times, and the two really do seem to love each other.

I am not trying to pass judgment on the concept of a mia noi (not my place to do so), but I thought the money aspect was interesting and I thought my wife's reaction quite funny.

Thanks for sharing. A million US$ is some serious stash for a Mia Noi. The dude paying her must have some big bucks himself. So has your wife gotten over it? Is she now in awe of her friend? Amazing how such revelation can completely change one's opinion of another.

Of course, a mia noi holding a master's degree will be way more pricey than one with a Por 4 education.

You have omitted to state whether she has a job. Usually someone holding high educational qualifications would have some sort of position even if only to make them look respectable which is very important in the Thai way of things.

Finally, as this is a long-term relationship and lust will have turned to trust, there is a considerable possibility that the mia noi is holding assets of the adulterous man as a proxy. This could be because of all sorts of reasons. Tell your wife that if she starts losing it about the cash.

I've never heard of someone earning so much. Very impressive. The only 'mia noi' my wife knows is an old school friend. She gave us a lift down to Rayong once and was with her real boyfriend. I couldn't get my head around some older guy giving her so much money every month and his mia noi was obviously in love with someone her own age. I don't get the whole mia noi thing; it can't be love, and certainly not sex all that often. It's probably a lot to do with the mia noi blackmailing and threatening the guy about what will happen if his wife gets wind of the arrangement.