Looking To Relocate To A CR Province Village For 30 Days....

theblether

I've got a month to burn before my sister gets here for a holiday. I fancy relocating to a village for a month. I'm not looking for much, just.......

A room.....

No bed bugs.....

Electricity......

And a fan.

Obviously AC would be a bonus but I really don't want to restrict myself. I feel that living in a Thai area would boost my Thai and allow me to get a better feel for this country.

I don't need wifi. If I need wifi I'll jump and my bike and go somewhere....and that's partly my motivation, to get out of the door for a month.

I've toyed with Tha Ton as I do like that area,

Any recommendations? Which village would you stay in if you had 30 days in CR Province?.

Ps I'd be looking to move on Tuesday.

Thai Visas post count is going to take a hit isn't it.

We live in town so no good to you but even better would be to get a scooter or a car and just head off. You only need a couple of changes of clothes as you can get them washed anywhere. Every llittle town will have somewhere to stay. It may be mainly used by courting couples but most of them are not that noisy.

If you like it stay longer if you do not move on. As it is the rainy time a car may be more convenient.

• Like 2

Get yourself on a three day hike to a hill tribe village.

In the rainy season? I've been on them in the winter/dry season and it wasn't a cake walk then. Muddy paths, slippery rocks, overflowing streams. But it would be an adventure. wink.png

• Like 1

Beware staying close to an international border: your travel radius is halved!

Also remember that during the rainy season many steep dirt roads are best avoided.

The Tha Ton area has a very limited number of roads.

Chiang Kham has more possibilities than Tha Ton. Have a look on Google Maps or

OpenStreetMap.

• Like 1

Where I live, there are may forest temples and they offer peace and quiet, no internet connections and many are on the edge of small villages. I live in a small villlage, in the north, not CR - or CM - I am 37 km to the nearest small city, 20 km to a small amphor and there must be 4-5 forest temples within a 5km ride of my village. The monks are always welcoming and friendly. The locations can offer some wooded beauty and serenity. Maybe the real fun will be in going w/o a plan and exploring... have fun, there is so much more to Thailand than the typical tourist centers.

• Like 2

Where I live, there are may forest temples and they offer peace and quiet, no internet connections and many are on the edge of small villages. I live in a small villlage, in the north, not CR - or CM - I am 37 km to the nearest small city, 20 km to a small amphor and there must be 4-5 forest temples within a 5km ride of my village. The monks are always welcoming and friendly. The locations can offer some wooded beauty and serenity. Maybe the real fun will be in going w/o a plan and exploring... have fun, there is so much more to Thailand than the typical tourist centers.

The forest temple is on the cards, I have a friend that's just come back and he recommended one down by Mae Hong Son. I've had a word with the Doctor that runs my hotel and he's going to load me up with the requisite medical supplies. It looks like I'll be heading down on Tuesday.

Looking out the window right now it looks like you may need to hire a boat.xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

Hmmm......I'm having a wee think about what Tywais said re doing the Temple thing in rainy season, the Doctor is concerned about me being in the forest at this time of year, and I can see Tywais point about the slippery conditions.

I'll have a think about it but I think the suggestions by kenk24 and stickylies are on the cards, I'll do the temple later.

• Like 1

Looking out the window right now it looks like you may need to hire a boat.xshock1.gif.pagespeed.ic.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

Hmmm......I'm having a wee think about what Tywais said re doing the Temple thing in rainy season, the Doctor is concerned about me being in the forest at this time of year, and I can see Tywais point about the slippery conditions.

I'll have a think about it but I think the suggestions by kenk24 and stickylies are on the cards, I'll do the temple later.

Good thinking....don't do anything silly mate! smile.png

Good thinking....don't do anything silly mate! smile.png

I thought you as a scot would be used to wet muddy contitions.

It's not so much dengue as I could take a deet shower a few times a day, it's underfoot conditions. My pal explained to me that there was a lot of walking involved which would be great, but I've been tortured with a recurring Achilles problem on my left ankle, and a muscular pain on my right knee. It seems to be that when one subsides the other kicks in.

It's that bad that if I slipped I would end up being unable to walk. I think I'll need to err on the side of caution and do it later. I think I'll head for Baan Rawd on Tuesday then just start a Grand Tour of the province as suggested earlier.

So has the bletherer arrived yet for his water park holiday?thumbsup.gif

I passed on the idea, not very wise at the height of rainy season, and with the weather forecast being for a Monsoon I thought, eh.....no.

I should still be here October/ November time frame so I'll do it then smile.png