Lite Beer

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's say this is fake for a second...

Let's say someone had a plan for Thaksin to have an accident but wouldn't go through with it because it could cause Red vs Yellow clashes.

Enter the "4th hand", the Muslim extremists to get the blame if the man in Dubai expires.

Maybe this is just having someone to blame. A bit like having some putz drive around your house with a few bags of fertilizer in the boot. A bit of a false flag.

Blame? Hate to punch holes in your conjecture there, Pedro, but with all the TV posters on record in the hang him high brigade, all the assassin would have to do is drop an iPhone with the new TV app at the scene and voila, the digital shirts did it.

I suppose I could be really cynical, unusual for me, and suggest it's the PTP flying a false flag to generate sympathy for the blameless birthday boy

Yeah, good point, and you never know who is trying to do what to make it look like whoever dun it. The many many faces of Thai politics ..... third hand men in black la la la.

Even your average bargirl adopts this 'cloaking' mentality, asking questions in a certain way because it is already assumed that you are lieing when you answer. It becomes even more unbelievable to them if you answer truthfully, as this is often far removed from the lie that was expected.

This really isn't a very nice thing to do. If I didn't know better, I would think that there are people out there that do not like Mr. Thaksin very well.

Lies, all lies. We all love him, really.

The guy who unmasks looks Pakistani rather than Middle Eastern. The Arabic accent also doesn't sound like its from the Middle East and the English also has some pronounciation which sounds Pakistani.

But, Pakistani's do join the Taliban, Al Qaeda, and other extremist terrorist factions. However, these guys look a little well dressed, well fed well groomed to be hardened AQ - more like middle class. (Look at their hands and clean clothes).

Why has Thailand's National Security Council become involved? Surely, the threatening of a fugitive criminal whose on the run overseas is not a matter of national security. Why doe the General use the expression "overthrow Mr. Thaksin". Is this yet another admission of who owns and controls the government.

Could this be another attempt to garner sympathy and show how brave the fugitive really is? Maybe an excuse to bring him home for protection. Or is it another story to divert attention from all the crap that's been hitting the fan.

Or is it something concocted by anti-PTP factions? Why would they bother to do this? Sabotaging the peace talk process - PTP are hardly covering themselves with glory as it is?

LOS is like one big soap opera. Will the truth ever out ?

I don't think this is real AQ, Taliban or any terrorist group. Why wait so long, why talk about puppet government etc. But, who really made it - who knows, could even be the person(s) who leaked the tape a few weeks ago.

Mmm, so you think this could be the work of the one who consumes ear medicine as well? Now that makes sense. First the tapes, now this. All in an attempt to get Thaksin to realise that he needs bully boy number 1 back in charge of the police and as a Dep PM again.

The Generals words are both telling and unfortunate. First thing to remember when you promote someone to a senior position...spend $6000 on them and get them a 3 day long one-on-one 'How to handle the Press' course.

I would ask "son-of-t". Did he not admit to producing the last fake video ?

Now this is a juicy rumour I haven't heard yet. What's the story behind this, I do hope it's true, but haven't seen anything about it.

This might be the time to remind everybody that Thaksin has had a reputation for very tight, almost paranoid, personal security even from the time he was just a government minister, albeit a very wealthy one.

A "FAKE", bugga, could solve a lot of the countries woes.

Yes, and it's got me pi$$ed off because it looks like my up front non- refundable payment (made in good faith) has just gone down the gurgler.

Oh well! it's another case of TiT

Edited by johnlandy

Fake? Yes that thought crossed my mind: maybe even made by Thaksin's very own PR machine (to win sympathy) as the photo of him is too flattering, and knowing his megalomaniacal narcissistic egotism he'd want to make sure he'd look good in the vid.

Edited by JeezeLooeze
  • Like 1

So let me get this straight, 9 years ago back in 2004 some 78 muslims suffocated in the back of a truck and today Al-Qaeda puts a death threat video out? Why now?! Why nit back then?

This sounds an awful lot like the car bomb guy that was sitting outside Thaksin's house waiting for 3 hours to get arrested with a bomb in the trunk that would've taken 30 minutes to assemble!

This is nothing but another pathetic, ridiculously cretinous attempt of Thaksin's camp to gather sympathy for their fallen hero in the face of dwindling support from his oh-so-beloved red shirts!

• Like 1

So let me get this straight, 9 years ago back in 2004 some 78 muslims suffocated in the back of a truck and today Al-Qaeda puts a death threat video out? Why now?! Why nit back then?

This sounds an awful lot like the car bomb guy that was sitting outside Thaksin's house waiting for 3 hours to get arrested with a bomb in the trunk that would've taken 30 minutes to assemble!

This is nothing but another pathetic, ridiculously cretinous attempt of Thaksin's camp to gather sympathy for their fallen hero in the face of dwindling support from his oh-so-beloved red shirts!

Because his sister had stuck get nose into the problem directly by appointing herself defence minister and they are furiously trying to gain her brother an amnesty to return to Thailand

• Like 1

ALL CHANGE !!!

BANGKOK: -- Top intelligence official said the video of 3 men claiming to be Al-Qaeda operatives and placing bounty on former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is definitely fake

It is now out in the news that another top intelligence official has now declared that the video is in fact authentic. The official stated that after contacting the USA over this matter, the video threat is actually real !! LMAO....Look out for news articles in the papers tomorrow. At the moment it is on another Thai website called 'Manager', but I am sure it will be main stream news tomorrow! One would have thought the Top intelligence officials would have checked out the entire situation with anti-terrorism intelligence cells before saying it was 'obviously a fake'. Got my order in for more popcorn tomorrow!

• Like 1

ALL CHANGE !!!

BANGKOK: -- Top intelligence official said the video of 3 men claiming to be Al-Qaeda operatives and placing bounty on former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is definitely fake

It is now out in the news that another top intelligence official has now declared that the video is in fact authentic. The official stated that after contacting the USA over this matter, the video threat is actually real !! LMAO....Look out for news articles in the papers tomorrow. At the moment it is on another Thai website called 'Manager', but I am sure it will be main stream news tomorrow! One would have thought the Top intelligence officials would have checked out the entire situation with anti-terrorism intelligence cells before saying it was 'obviously a fake'. Got my order in for more popcorn tomorrow!

Probably they were too late informed that this was a publicity stunt drama queen setup of the man from afar

• Like 1

Because his sister had stuck get nose into the problem directly by appointing herself defence minister and they are furiously trying to gain her brother an amnesty to return to Thailand

I would be very surprised that this is mocked up by the Thaksin camp.

I would have thought that they were feeling lucky that Thaksin had up till now escaped the notice of AQ or a loosely connected (or unconnected) islamic terrorist group. By thrusting this into the spotlight where obviously top ranking AQ officials are almost certainly watching with great interest from the sidelines.

That's one sure fire way to get noticed by the people you don't want to get noticed by.

Edited by klubex99

I would have thought that they were feeling lucky that Thaksin had up till now escaped the notice of AQ or a loosely connected (or unconnected) islamic terrorist group. By thrusting this into the spotlight where obviously top ranking AQ officials are almost certainly watching with great interest from the sidelines.

That's one sure fire way to get noticed by the people you don't want to get noticed by.

Where did I say it's mocked up by Thaksin people.

The people in the south have every r reason to dislike the shinawatras.

CONTROVERSIAL VIDEO
Anti-Thaksin group behind YouTube video : NSC chief

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The producers of the YouTube video with a clear death threat to ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra are from the group in this country seeking to overthrow him, Paradorn Pattanathabutr, secretary-general of the National Security Council, said yesterday.

The 2:45-minute video entitled "Al-Qaeda video against former Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra." was uploaded on Friday, Thaksin's birthday, by "mansoor ahmed Volvo". It showed men dressed like Middle Easterners speaking in Arabic and English. They threatened to kill Thaksin for the Krue Se Mosque massacre in 2004.

Thaksin has been visiting Hong Kong and has been informed about the video.

Paradorn said the video was not the work of the al-Qaeda because this Muslim organisation had never got involved with the Muslim separatist movement in the deep South. Besides, other videos with death threats did not reveal the face of the tormentor like this one did.

The anti-Thaksin group launched this video to convey ill wishes to Thaksin on his birthday. It was released from abroad so tracing the source is difficult. The posters wanted anti-Thaksin groups to publicise it through mainstream and social media, he said.

Attempts have been made to severe ties between Thailand and Malaysia, where the video was speculated as originating from, because Thaksin and Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak had strong ties. The video was also intended to sabotage the peace dialogue between Thailand and the Barisan Revolusi Nasional, he said.

Colonel Banpot Poonpien, spokesman for the Internal Security Operations Command, played down the video, saying it would not derail the plan to curb violence in the South. Al-Qaeda had never supported a Muslim rebellion in the deep South so it was impossible that the group would have any link.

No other groups have claimed responsibility or support for the southern insurgency, he said.

Anusorn Iamsa-ard, deputy spokesman for the ruling Pheu Thai Party, said the video was just a ploy of a group to create rifts and political turmoil. The Yingluck administration has delivered the right policies to restore peace in the restless region, he said.

Security officials have found that the poster has a residence in Malaysia and "mansoor ahmed" is the name of a vice president for strategy and communications at the Volvo car company in the Malaysian state of Selangor.

Officials have yet to confirm whether the YouTube account was used without the registered hold?er's knowledge.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-29

"It was released from abroad so tracing the source is difficult".

"Security officials have found that the poster has a residence in Malaysia and "mansoor ahmed" is the name of a vice president for strategy and communications at the Volvo car company in the Malaysian state of Selangor".

I guess it wasn't to difficult to trace the source after all.

How dare these malcontents besmirch and threaten the Prime Minister? It's scandalous, intolerable and they will never succeed. They did use a rather flattering photo though.

Edited by marell

How dare these punks besmirch and threaten the Prime Minister? It's scandalous, intolerable and they will never succeed. They did use a rather flattering photo though.

The photo looks nothing like Yingluck.

How dare these punks besmirch and threaten the Prime Minister? It's scandalous, intolerable and they will never succeed. They did use a rather flattering photo though.

The photo looks nothing like Yingluck.

You're right.

Maybe but a friend of mine works for an NGO in the deep south and he reckons people there have no special animosity towards Thaksin - no more than they have for any other Thai PM. He also said there was a surprising level of support for the red shirts in the south.

Anyway, would have to agree with Klubex99 on this. The idea that Thaksin's people faked it to gain him sympathy is almost certainly not true. There's no way he'd want to link himself to the Kruse massacre and get Al Quaeda involved. I doubt it was produced by anyone in South Thailand either. I also still don't understand why many posters still seem to hold Thaksin responsible for the incident (especially those who don't hold Abhisit ultimately responsible for the events of 2010). After all, Panlop was the general who ordered the attack, ignoring Chaovalit's order to negotiate with the militants. There's never been any suggestion to my knowledge that Thaksin had anything to do with directly ordering anything. However, he did nothing to ensure those responsible were punished. Neither did anyone else though. I believe Colonel Manas, one of the other senior officers found responsible by the court for the attack, is now a Maj. Gen and senior ISOC commander. He was, in fact, the commander responsible for dealing with the rohingya in 2009. I'm sure most readers will recall the incident where the refugees were set adrift with no engines, which possibly resulted in up to 500 deaths. Why is Thaksin alone held responsible for this, when no one else in the military or in any position of political power has made any attempt to hold anyone responsible and ensure criminal charges are persued? A self-serving apology from Surayud was the best they got.

Maybe but a friend of mine works for an NGO in the deep south and he reckons people there have no special animosity towards Thaksin - no more than they have for any other Thai PM. He also said there was a surprising level of support for the red shirts in the south.

Anyway, would have to agree with Klubex99 on this. The idea that Thaksin's people faked it to gain him sympathy is almost certainly not true. There's no way he'd want to link himself to the Kruse massacre and get Al Quaeda involved. I doubt it was produced by anyone in South Thailand either. I also still don't understand why many posters still seem to hold Thaksin responsible for the incident (especially those who don't hold Abhisit ultimately responsible for the events of 2010). After all, Panlop was the general who ordered the attack, ignoring Chaovalit's order to negotiate with the militants. There's never been any suggestion to my knowledge that Thaksin had anything to do with directly ordering anything. However, he did nothing to ensure those responsible were punished. Neither did anyone else though. I believe Colonel Manas, one of the other senior officers found responsible by the court for the attack, is now a Maj. Gen and senior ISOC commander. He was, in fact, the commander responsible for dealing with the rohingya in 2009. I'm sure most readers will recall the incident where the refugees were set adrift with no engines, which possibly resulted in up to 500 deaths. Why is Thaksin alone held responsible for this, when no one else in the military or in any position of political power has made any attempt to hold anyone responsible and ensure criminal charges are persued? A self-serving apology from Surayud was the best they got.

I can assure you that the contempt held for Thaksin is of "special" proportions in the Deep South. But yes, there are some ringleaders who like him because they see him as an easier route to achieving their goal. Take from that what you will.

Red Shirt support there did exist, and the local support they garnered was more against the perceived army/Democrat coalition and the establishment than for Thaksin. Support there faded quite a bit after the Red Shirt stage calls to attack mosques.

Agree totally that this is unlikely to be a PTP act to attract sympathy for the Square Faced Prophet. They'd much rather everyone just forgot about it.

I don't think anyone here would not condemn the army's approach to Krue Se. However Thaksin's hardline unsympathetic and unapologetic stance after the incident certainly did him no favours and, in the eyes of many, he basically admitted that what happened was in line with his own thinking. Besides, violence did flare up down there whilst he was in power, after several decades of relative stability.