XBOX One vs. PS4?

kimbathewhitelion

Simple question for those of gaming minds & a means of swaying from all the bitterness I read in these forums. :)

By the way, I live here (well, north in the sticks) with my 360...games brought from America....but...Microsoft seems faltering. Maybe Gates (in the sense - a tiny man) back with the Dwarfs making what would be babies in a Sam Rami movie or Playstation just has a more reliable machine.

Ive been a xbox gamer for a long time but I'm probably gonna go with the PS4. I always have tons of lag when I'm playing online with my xbox in bangkok even though I have fast internet so hopefully playstation online will be better.

I've pre-ordered an Xbox One here in the UK. Xbox Live is at the top of pile even at £40 subscription per annum.

Needless to say, I won't be moving to PS anytime soon.

If you're playing online i recommend ps4 as there are bit more ps3 players than xbox. I presume with ps4 things would not change much.Hell i even think playstation 4 playerbase will even increase compared to xbox.

Edited by GotR1GHT

I'm definitely going for PS4 this time as I think it is a much more open platform especially to indie games.

Not to mention exceptional first party titles such as the Uncharted franchise.

Will still be interesting to see which platform wins out in the end though despite that marketing nightmare MSFT had earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

Chances of Xbox Officially releasing in Thailand as soon as possible just got pushed back as well. IGN NEWS Even if you buy from one of the 13 countries, can't garante how well it will work in Thailand given Microsoft's already "award winning" Windows Live for PC doesn't work at all along with their new "policies".

• 3 weeks later...

I will probably go for a PS4 but ill wait until it comes down in price a bit, I haven't been sold on the Xbox one at all and I don't thinking the only one sonys preorders are outstripping Microsoft by a country mile. They made a massive cock up with the trade in, selling second hand games saga, I think they lost a lot of trust in gamers and showed their arrogance.

I have both Xbox 360 and PS3 and there are things I like about both, online is free on the psn but it won't be free with the ps4 or Xbox one.

Online was very good with Xbox live and I prefer the Xbox controller it has proper triggers for shooters kinect was great for kids games but not for real games, apart from forza 4, where being able to clip the apex of a corner was much easier when you looked into the turn. PS3 is great for playing games from a hard drive and I really like the operating system, much easier to tweak.

I've seen the Xbox one advertised for 15000 baht already here in korat, no doubt the PS4 will follow soon enough.

I will probably go for a PS4 but ill wait until it comes down in price a bit, I haven't been sold on the Xbox one at all and I don't thinking the only one sonys preorders are outstripping Microsoft by a country mile. They made a massive cock up with the trade in, selling second hand games saga, I think they lost a lot of trust in gamers and showed their arrogance.

I have both Xbox 360 and PS3 and there are things I like about both, online is free on the psn but it won't be free with the ps4 or Xbox one.

Online was very good with Xbox live and I prefer the Xbox controller it has proper triggers for shooters kinect was great for kids games but not for real games, apart from forza 4, where being able to clip the apex of a corner was much easier when you looked into the turn. PS3 is great for playing games from a hard drive and I really like the operating system, much easier to tweak.

I've seen the Xbox one advertised for 15000 baht already here in korat, no doubt the PS4 will follow soon enough.

Seeing that Wii U here costs 14,000baht then 15k for xbox one is wishful thinking.

Wii u 300$ - xbox one 500$

Expect about 22k for x1 and 18k for ps4.

Seeing that consoles are running bf4 on 720p i will be going for pc next gen, 25k for i5 4570,gtx760 will last for 2-3 years on 1080p.

Plus kb&mouse and most importantly how much money i would save by buying/downloading cheaper games is my selling point(even if pc entry point is a bit pricey)

Seeing all single player games that will come in q4 2013/q1 2014 - pes14,f1,batman,assassins creed 4,ghosts,need for speed,watchdogs,evil within and about 20more i really don't want to spend 1500$+ on it.

Edited by GotR1GHT

Seemed cheap to me too but that's the price on their Facebook page (world games Korat) however most of it is written in Thai so it could be the deposit =], either way for the time being I'm happy with my current generation ps3 and 360 as I can play free downloaded games, stream films live tv etc.

Seemed cheap to me too but that's the price on their Facebook page (world games Korat) however most of it is written in Thai so it could be the deposit =], either way for the time being I'm happy with my current generation ps3 and 360 as I can play free downloaded games, stream films live tv etc.

Maybe i'm wrong but "world games Korat" on facebook actually tells the price in usa -500$=15k .In thailand is probably be 20k+

• 2 weeks later...

After the RROD's seen with 360, I will hold off on making a decision on either until 6 months after launch.

That's a good choice.And if you have pc already ,you won't miss much except couple of exclusives. But(probably) they won't have rrod problem anymore.They dialed back on tdp of console,but ofc that doesn't mean some other part could have problemtongue.png

• 3 weeks later...

The Xbox probably has better exlusives but the PS4 is hands down the one to go for. They have nailed everything, including a lower price and better hardware. Then there is the fact that the PS4 is region free and the xbox isn't...