Police on lookout for Toyota in Phuket shop hit-and-run

webfact

Police on lookout for Toyota in Phuket shop hit-and-run
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Phuket Police are on the lookout for the driver of a Toyota vehicle – make and model unknown – that slammed into a motorbike repair shop in Thalang early yesterday morning.

The driver reportedly backed his vehicle out of the shop and fled the scene, leaving behind as evidence his front bumper and the Toyota logo badge usually found fixed to the front of vehicles.

Thalang Police were notified of the accident in Baan Lipon at 2:15am, and when they arrived a crowd had gathered on the street to view the damage, said Maj Kittiphum Tinthalang.

“The car had smashed a concrete bench, a trash bin, damaged a motorbike with a sidecar parked in front of the shop and brought down the wire mesh screens at the front of the shop,” he said.

Kritsana Krailerd, the 37-year-old shop owner, was woken by the sound of the impact.

“At first I thought it was a car accident in front of my shop, but when I came out to see, my shop was in ruins. The screens was smashed and the car had damaged my customers’ vehicles,” he said.

“I didn’t see the vehicle at all. I don’t know if it was a pickup truck or a car,” Mr Kritsana said.

Police found a Toyota badge in the grass nearby and parts of the front end of the vehicle involved in the impact, indicating to police the vehicle was white in color.

“At this stage we believe the driver might have been drunk or had fallen asleep at the wheel, but so far we have not identified any suspects” Maj Kittiphum said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Police-on-lookout-for-Toyota-in-Phuket-shop-hit-and-run-21797.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-07-29

As much as it is funny and the humor is appreciated relating to the statement, "Toyota Vehicle, make and model unknown", ridiculing the Thai peoples' intelligence is uncouth. Thailand is far more advanced and economically stable than many western countries. This could not have been achieved without some intelligence from the Thai population.

• Like 1

PHUKET: -- Phuket Police are on the lookout for the driver of a Toyota vehicle make and model unknown - Can I take a guess that it was a Toyota?

with damage on the frront end

white in colour

well could be a nice one fou the members living in phuket to keep their eyes open for a toyota that fits that description or any other car white colour (logo could be there before )

As much as it is funny and the humor is appreciated relating to the statement, "Toyota Vehicle, make and model unknown", ridiculing the Thai peoples' intelligence is uncouth. Thailand is far more advanced and economically stable than many western countries. This could not have been achieved without some intelligence from the Thai population.

I had no intention of ridiculing Thai people, I just read the report and felt that it was my duty (as a resident of over 33 years) to point out that they had missed a very important piece of evidence and it is a Toyota they should be looking for! Now that they have this information to hand it will stop the police having to stop all makes of vehicles to find which one the "Toyota" bumper belongs to!

"Thailand is far more advanced and economically stable than many western countries." - have you ever been to the villages in Issan????

Singapore is a short distance away, if you seriously want to talk about an "advanced and economically stable" country in this region - but Thailand certainly is not.

Thailand is still classified as a 3rd World Country - known these days as an "Emerging Economy."