Where Should I Go Drinking Tonight....

TheSpade

I want to go out for a drink tonight as it's been a while (well 4 days but that's a long time for me) but can't think where to go.

Usually I like Thai bars, get a bottle of whisky, table service, Thai live music but they are better with company (Thai or farang) and I will be out solo tonight most likely so don't think I'll go to one of these places.

At the same time I'm not a fan of anywhere with bar girls or hookers so a lot of lower Sukhumvit is out.

Where to go for a few beers that won't be completely dead but I won't get annoyed by anyone either?

Love to hear your suggestions, cheers!

It's walking distance from me and it's a good pub but I've been there twice in the last couple of weeks and it's a bit over priced. Fancy somewhere new.

Bar 23 on sukhumvit soi 16. Wouldn't look out of place in London's Old Street.

Sounds interesting just read about it on KohSpot. Wonder if it will be busy on a Monday night. Might go find out.

If you are paying, meet at the Pintsman or the After Hours at Sala Daeng (Silom Soi 8)!

xthumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ic.ysn6H7pBDU.we alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

Thanks for the kind offer for me to buy you a pint but Sala Daeng is a trek so next time. ;)

Where all the alcoholics tonight when you need them??

The bar/restaurant complex below On Nut BTS-station is a great place. Loads of people 80% thais 20% farang. Cheap prices for food and drinks. And if you're lucky you"ll pick up a beautiful freebie. Loads od thai girls relaxing after a long days work somewhere. If they like your looks you"ll be invited over to their table

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Brick Bar on Khaosan... 3 bands every night and decent place..

Not normally a Khaosan rd kind of guy, but this is a pretty good place

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Brick Bar is a favourite of mines but I definitely wasn't going to Kowsan, too much of a trek. Well not that far in a taxi if the traffic isn't bad but can be a hassle getting there and back if taxi drivers are being there usual selves and not wanting fares or to put the meter on.

In years gawn by I frequented Soi Rangnam...The reds blew up the tree that I used to hang on to when leaving my favourite hang out of nearly 20 years ...Why not go there and report back on the current drinking establishments.. ??

I can tell you what's on Rangnam....Water Bar, Bangkok Bar and a couple of other nondescript places. Nothing exciting.

I don't rate these bars at all.

I am there now by the way

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So, did you score?

I've actually heard you get some freelancers hanging around there so maybe these women that he keeps picking up are working and he just doesn't realize it. wink.png

P.S.

Should probably update my thread. Well a couple of beers turned into a few. It's 7am and just going to bed now.

Went to Asoke looking for that bar...wasn't open. Ended up in various places in the area. Nowhere particularly exciting or different.

Edited by TheSpade

Thermae is a Bangkok Icon. I'm sure many of the kind TV folks will have nice descriptions of the place. It's sort of like Star Wars bar. Me English teacher? lol, no I just though "at it" sounded funny. Thermae is on Sukhumvit between Soi 13 and 15 under the Bush Garden bar and Ruamchitt Hotel. Highly recommended, no cover charge anytime

Edited by Nana Cowboy

Thermae is a Bangkok Icon. I'm sure many of the kind TV folks will have nice descriptions of the place. It's sort of like Star Wars bar. Me English teacher? lol, no I just though "at it" sounded funny. Thermae is on Sukhumvit between Soi 13 and 15 under the Bush Garden bar and Ruamchitt Hotel. Highly recommended, no cover charge anytime

Many descriptions, but not sure many would be 'nice' :) probably better off just drinking on the pavement bars they set up. IMO

Edited by Richie23

Although I've walked past it million times, I've never been to Thermae and, from what I've heard, I think I'm fortunate.

What I've actually heard about the place revolves around complaints from that type of man who laments on the fact that an elderly, fat, bald Westerner can't get laid for a tenner there any more because, these days, the girls seem to limit themselves to cleaner, slimmer, more generous Asian punters.

I ended up in this quirky Japanese restaurant come bar come art gallery somewhere down a soi near Siam tonight. Was a cool little place. I also had some of the best noodles and papaya salad I've ever eaten at a restaurant before going there. I don't know either of these places names. :D