Honda Big Wing - why not in Hua Hin?

roly

I'm intending to upgrade my CBR 250R to a CBR 500R (or maybe an F) in the next few months. However, it seems like the nearest Hong Big Wing is somewhere in Bangkok.

I can't understand why there isn't a Big Wing centre in Hua Hin considering the amount of big bikes here. Even Kuri Buri has a great Kawasaki showroom and that's in the middle of nowhere.

In terms of buying a CBR from big wing - I'm assuming it's just a matter of turning up with the cash and appropriate documents and ordering one...what about registration? Can I get Hua Hin plates or will it be Bangkok in that case? Every time I've been to Honda in Hua Hin they say that they can't (or won't) order a CBR500 - however Suzuki in Hua Hin seemed to say that they can - it doesn't make sense. By the time I've bought one and driven back to Hua Hin, it'll be nearly time to drive back to Big Wing for the first service, since the local Hondas haven't got a clue about the 250 never mind the 500.

I bought mine in cash on the day I showed up in the show room, even though people where saying there is 3-4 months queue. I got white one for black and red i had to wait 3 months.

I guess the reason for not opening a branch in Hua-hin is the size of the city, they probably think they wont make so much out of it. I live in Chiang Rai and my closest BigWing is Chiang Mai which is a bummer to drive there, not to mention crap service you get there.

The one in Bangkok is on Lad phrao Road.

Tried greenwing they wont order CBR500 or anything over 250, they say its exclusive to bigwing. Its weird that suzuki can do that. I would still pick it up at BigWing as you get 10% member discount. THe registration, they can do that for you. It will take a while to get a plate I waited 3 months. BUT Iam sure it will be in registered to Bangkok. I bought bike with my wife so she used her docs, but I saw few foreigners picking up with cash and passport (not sure about WP I think for cash you dont need to).

Good luck