Oil spill: PM Yingluck orders comprehensive rehabilitation plan

webfact

OIL SPILL
PM orders comprehensive rehabilitation plan

The Nation

30211477-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra rushed all government agencies to tackle the oil spill and help the affected, said Deputy Prime Minister Niwatthumrong Boonsongpisan.

Saying after the Cabinet meeting today, Niwatthumrong said Yingluck sent the instruction while on an overseas trip to Africa.

"The prime minister said this must be done as soon as possible. A comprehensive rehabilitation plan is necessary, to give clarity on the clean-up speed. This plan will then be revealed to the public. She also instructed for a contingency plan to handle a reoccurrence. It must be noted that such incidents are not often. The incident, the worst in Thailand, serves as a lesson and calls for preventive actions. We need a complete prevention plan," he said.

The ministries of Interior, Energy and the Natural Resources and Environment will be the key agencies to handle the situation.

Energy Minister Pongsak Ruktapongpisal is now in Rayong, accompanying a group of PTT Group executives.

Niwatthumrong is convinced that the rehabilitation plan would be ready within this week. There is no comprehensive damage report yet, he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-30

OIL SPILL

I'm sure that'll help speed things up...not bah.gif

Just been watching it on the news...sure have got their work cut out...cleaning the beaches seems fairly straightforward but how are they going to clean up the rocky sections?

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra rushed all government agencies to tackle the oil spill and help the affected,

Has she actually got a comment to make about this? What is the leader thoughts on this or is this it. I will send all govt agencies to look at it. Does that include the labour minister, Chalerm? Do all govt agencies need to go? Haven't they got jobs to do as well? Does YS even know what to do?

​Of course she wont answer these questions because she runs away from reporters. She should be sponsered my Nike or Adidas. She rums more than a Mozambique long distance runner when running from responsibility.

God help Thailand because the PTP wont.

• Like 1

OIL SPILL

Just been watching it on the news...sure have got their work cut out...cleaning the beaches seems fairly straightforward but how are they going to clean up the rocky sections?

The rocks should be cleaned by high pressure steam, and by hand using special absorbent pads. This type of cleaning tends to destroy the underlying biological life in the soil, but at least it will look nice for the tourists.

So once again we have a real crisis, and once again we are hearing nothing of any real substance from the people in power. Of course this is because as usual no one with any real power knows what's going on. This could be a) because PTT doesn't really know, or B) the Thai cultural practice of not wanting to pass on bad news, especially to ones superiors.

OIL SPILL

The rocks should be cleaned by high pressure steam, and by hand using special absorbent pads. This type of cleaning tends to destroy the underlying biological life in the soil, but at least it will look nice for the tourists.

Niwatthumrong is convinced that the rehabilitation plan would be ready within this week. There is no comprehensive damage report yet

So they will have a plan ready although they have no idea what and how much has to be rehabilitated and the oil spill is still happily drifting towards the coast to ruin more beaches.

It seems Kharma has finally decided to give Thailand a massive kick in the groin for voting these buffoons into power.

OIL SPILL

I seem to remember from the Exxon Vadez incident that there were claims that the oil disappeared faster in areas that WEREN"T cleaned, as it was broken down by natural bacteria killed in the cleaning process.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra rushed all government agencies to tackle the oil spill and help the affected,

Has she actually got a comment to make about this? What is the leader thoughts on this or is this it. I will send all govt agencies to look at it. Does that include the labour minister, Chalerm? Do all govt agencies need to go? Haven't they got jobs to do as well? Does YS even know what to do?

​Of course she wont answer these questions because she runs away from reporters. She should be sponsered my Nike or Adidas. She rums more than a Mozambique long distance runner when running from responsibility.

cheesy.gif The best humor reflects the truth.

Why do we keep rehashing the MINDLESS BIMBO she is and HOW SHE IS JUST NOT INVOLVED IN ANYTHING AT ALL IN THIS COUNTRY ... SHE IS A PUPPET WE ALL KNOW IT !! SO WHY WASTE ENERGY TALKING ABOUT HER ... !!!???

• Like 1

drop your Chanel bag & put on your Mulberry's.

At least Abhisit would actually show up to assess/help.

Guess feudal families who rest on the backs of the population don't do that.

Edited by gemini81

First thing the PM might consider is getting some experienced people/companies involved who have equipment, personal and experience in handling this type of accident. Yes, that would mean listening and paying for farang expertise, but trying to get hair donated to make soak up sponges, using the navy personal to smear oil around, will be cheaper and about as effecient as those giving instructions on the clean up from the bar, Bangkok, and points in Africa.

From info supplied by the government it looks like they will clean up in record time so other countries experts will flock to Thailand to see how they achieved this so they can learn how to do it in the future.

No worries .

PS.

Just heard they are going to bring Elephants in to suck it up and blow it into 50 gallon drums.

• Like 1

As far as I know PTTGC is owned by PTT.

Strangely enough PTT is owned by the Thai government.

That means that any payment from PTT to the government will just be a paperwork shuffle and if the government sues PTTGC it will be suing itself.

Well I got that wrong but found an interesting result on Google.

http://www.pttgcgroup.com/about.php?menu=share_structure

That means that any payment from PTT to the government will just be a paperwork shuffle and if the government sues PTTGC it will be suing itself.

then look who are the directors,,,,,,mmmmmmmmmm

then look who are the directors,,,,,,mmmmmmmmmm

@winstonc: Excuse me, I am not getting the point - what does these board of directors can tell us? I can`t find anything suspicious or conspicuous...nor do I find a single name that would indicate any ind of cronyism...I surely overlook something, kindly throw some light.