Drug suspects killed in Thai police sting operations

webfact

Drug suspects killed in sting operations
The Nation

30211537-01_big.jpg?1375229905260

BANGKOK: -- A STING OPERATION, under which Narcotics Suppression Police officers tried to buy 400 yaba tablets from five drug suspects, turned into a gunfight early yesterday in Chumphon's Lamae district, resulting in one suspect being killed and a policeman injured.

A suspect was also killed in a similar sting operation in Bangkok yesterday.

After hearing of a gunfight at around 5am, Lamae police rushed to the site to find a Mitsubishi sedan on Lamae-Khao Chamod Road with dozens of spent bullets and Pol Sr Sgt-Major Thammanoon Nokkhao slumped with a wound on his left shoulder. After following a trail of blood into a rubber plantation about 300 metres away, police found the body of suspect Tinnakorn Boonmak, 25, being held by his mother.

Police also found on Tinnakorn's body the Bt50,000 officers used to buy the drugs and the suspect's pistol nearby. A manhunt has been launched for the four other suspects who fled the scene.

Pol Major Apichart Jiapanich, who led the sting operation, said the team aimed to crack a gang of drug dealers led by a native of Surat Thani's Than Chana district identified as "First Thathai".

The gang had changed the venue for the exchange twice before agreeing to meet on the Lamae-Khao Chamod Road. However, when the police tried to arrest the suspects, they opened fire.

Meanwhile, Narcotics Suppression Police officers also exchanged gunfire with drug suspects at the Thewakam intersection in Bangkok's Nang Lerng area yesterday afternoon. As of press time, one suspect had been reported killed and one wounded. A stray bullet also hit a female student nearby.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-31

What kind of an idiot would set up a sting operation in a busy intersection.

Way to many chances of innocent people getting killed. Of course that is a matter of little concern to Thakssin. Can just see it if he gets his white wash job.sad.png

RTP?

• Like 1

What kind of an idiot would set up a sting operation in a busy intersection.

Way to many chances of innocent people getting killed. Of course that is a matter of little concern to Thakssin. Can just see it if he gets his white wash job.sad.png

RTP?

sad.png

• Like 1

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the extrajudicial kilings of earlier…this was a typical 'sting'. Ideally for everybody involved, the target would surrender without too much trouble, and often do, but we often only get to hear about these ops when bullets start flying. It's a tough job.

Edited by lemonjelly
  • Like 2

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the extrajudicial kilings of earlier…this was a typical 'sting'. Ideally for everybody involved, the target would surrender without too much trouble, and often do, but we often only get to hear about these ops when bullets start flying. It's a tough job.

Stray bullets???... The police are dimwits.....

It wasnt that long ago when a couple of them where chasing a car and shot at it and stray bullet hit his co-worker .... Going from gathering coconuts to being given a handgun has some serious implications. -sic-

Its always the soldiers getting killed,while the generals walk away!

Observant. If you study warfare, you may notice that the general's give the orders from the safety of a bunker.

Miles away from the action. The soldiers carry guns and do the actual fighting.

These things are evident from school and war movies.

That is a pretty lame excuse to set up a sting in a busy intersection when you are willing to get into a gun fight.

"'sting'. Ideally for everybody involved, the target would surrender"

Ideally for everybody involved the criminal would walk into the police station grab a key and go lock himself up.

That of course is after the mandatory picture.

Nice job by BIB once again every little helps keeping the evil scourge of drugs at bay.

Nice job?

Case 1:

1 Police Officer wounded,

1 suspect killed

4 suspects escaped

400 tablets confiscated

I consider this a mess.

Case 2:

1 suspect killed

1 suspect arrested

1 student wounded

1 toddler wounded

assorted drugs confiscated

It was just mere luck that no more innocent bystanders got caught in that shootout between the Police and drug dealers.

But as always in these more or less botched police actions, Yingluck's favourite policeman is there to smile into the cameras. It seems he is eager to get a reputation as a "toughie" after he lost the election for BKK Governor.

I am not impressed.

• Like 1

Hope the cops make a full and speedy recovery. As for the Drug runners/dealers, how can I express my abject sorrow for the poor souls who were just trying to make a living by selling their filth to our children?

These people are the scum of the earth and deserve what they get before they cause the deaths of our kids who they are all too happy to line up as victims in order to line their pockets. May they sell their next batch of drugs in Hell!!!

To all those people saying crap like "shoot first ask questions later" the Thai police were fired upon first. Even in the US you can get shot without even firing off a shot, so don't jump to such suggestions. This forum is so ripe with bitter stuck in the mud twits who have nothing better to do than slag off the Thai culture and people. Yes there are many flaws, but every country and system has their set of flaws. If you do not like it then leave, simple as that.

And the student was wounded as an innocent bystander. Too bad they killed the guy who didn't get away. The Thai police are so good at flipping these guys and getting Mr. Thai Bigs who they work for. But now that he is dead there won't be any Mr. Thai Bigs busted.

Observant. If you study warfare, you may notice that the general's give the orders from the safety of a bunker.

Obvious would be to catch the point, i am pointing out the irony and useless loss of life, while the big boys get fat and cant be touched, they capture or kill a pack mule, in a glorious event, just a show to make the viewers feel safe in their homes....can i go back to sleep now?facepalm.gif

Obvious would be to catch the point, i am pointing out the irony and useless loss of life, while the big boys get fat and cant be touched, they capture or kill a pack mule, in a glorious event, just a show to make the viewers feel safe in their homes....can i go back to sleep now?facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif width=24 height=18>

Oh yes that's good we are definitely catching on. How old are you? How many thousands of years has this been going on?

To repeat the obvious endlessly must mean you haven't caught on at all. At all.

Obvious would be to catch the point, i am pointing out the irony and useless loss of life, while the big boys get fat and cant be touched, they capture or kill a pack mule, in a glorious event, just a show to make the viewers feel safe in their homes....can i go back to sleep now?facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif width=24 height=18>

Oh yes that's good we are definitely catching on. How old are you? How many thousands of years has this been going on?

To repeat the obvious endlessly must mean you haven't caught on at all. At all.

Dear sir,you left the topic matter behind, there are others out there who may not be as enlightened as yourself,to those i write, i am sure everything is obvious to you, lets leave room for the chance that others are not as old and wise...

Soft target ,

we all want to see,

at least once,

some mister BIG get caught red handed.

Their has to be some huge factory somewhere

pumping out this "speed" (amphetamine).

1 the pills are always red colored

2 the packets are always yellow with a t0y0ta stamp on it.or in a blue bag.

unless the police put the same shit back into circleation over and over

and cash in on let me of money?

• Like 1